tipping at... fast food spots?

If my tip on a to go order was going to the cook, I'd be down for dropping a dollar or 2...but it dont.

Man I've been complaining about this for years. I go to Jersey Mikes and when I pay with my card the stupid tip thing pops up, like dawg, you made my sandwich while I watched you do it. That's your damn job. And the one that's really mind blowing is there's this bomb frozen yogurt spot in LA and they got the nerve to have their card machines do the same thing when they swipe your card, have the first screen be the tip screen. Who is leaving a tip at a place where I literally served myself. FOH. The tip game has gotten way out of control. People be asking for tips like homeless people asking for change on the corner.

That entire tipping concept is weird to me.

You’ll have servers *****ing about non or bad tippers, but never look in the mirror and ask themselves if they were on their A game and provided the best possible service.

If you’re going to whine about bad tippers, you should also refuse to take tips when you get tipped well due to social norms at times when you didn’t provide the best possible service.

Man I've been complaining about this for years. I go to Jersey Mikes and when I pay with my card the stupid tip thing pops up, like dawg, you made my sandwich while I watched you do it. That's your damn job. And the one that's really mind blowing is there's this bomb frozen yogurt spot in LA and they got the nerve to have their card machines do the same thing when they swipe your card, have the first screen be the tip screen. Who is leaving a tip at a place where I literally served myself. FOH. The tip game has gotten way out of control. People be asking for tips like homeless people asking for change on the corner.
I am sure SOME folks leave the tip at the Yogurt Spot too :lol:

ITs like nearly every place is doing this now. It’s annoying.

You feel cheap if you don’t tip. Like wtf.

Give me number food for the actual price than if you want me to tip.

Where’s the profit they’re making from the food they’re selling?

That needs to go to employee’s.

They’re slowly tryna do it everywhere so they don’t have to pay employees as much and you get looked down on if you don’t tip.

The worst is when a place programs their machine to give you the options 20%, 18%, 15% instead of 15%, 18%, 20% hoping to get some extra cash from people who quickly tap though the first option. When I see that I take the time to manually tip them 10%

I’m only tipping food delivery’s and if it’s a restaurant where they bring you your food and drinks..if I gotta serve my own drink I might as well clock in

$3-5 max any regular spot, 5-8 if it’s like Olive Garden or sumthing, 8-15 if it’s a steak house or something suburban like Benihana or Ruth’s cris lol

The worst is when a place programs their machine to give you the options 20%, 18%, 15% instead of 15%, 18%, 20% hoping to get some extra cash from people who quickly tap though the first option. When I see that I take the time to manually tip them 10%

It was always standard to tip 10%. The other percentages have been upped very recently. I still use the 10% model

:rofl: I was just having this convo.

In DC, I see 18%; 20%; 22%

What the hell happened to 15% :lol:

I’ll throw some change in the tip jar if I use cash and get coins back.

This one time this idiot I knew called me cheap because I gave the bartender a $5 bill and took back $1 on a cola that costs $2.50 (we have $5 bills in Canada). I guess tipping 100% is one of the reasons he can’t afford a car

gets-handed-the-bill-me-ticket-2-12-2018-18-gratuity-35753730.png

Back
Top Bottom