to all the OG heads

proud to be rocking the greatest shoe of all time.??? with this garbage quality? i dont thing so buddy.

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

OOOOORRRRRRRRR........

noobs see og sneakerhead collection posts online and wanna be "THAT" so they are in a rush to build up a limited hyped collection
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

THUS, a bunch a noobs trying to play catch-up with OG heads by copping anything and everything retro
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
.......hahahahaha pinches mensos
they'll be burnout soon folks!
laugh.gif

Imma sit this one out and wait till they burnout....LAMES
pimp.gif

first the SB craze,
smokin.gif

then AF1z,
ohwell.gif

NOW it's Jordans (its always been about jordans) AND gimmicky shoes with goofy titles i.e poison darts, cav 4z, Sharks, Cheetahs, Dave Whites Hornets, Nerfs, Mints,AND THE GALAXYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSS & so on & so on & so on
alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

SBz and Forces had nicknames too but  were beautiful

NOW all these shoes LEBRONS KOBES KDS are STUPIDLY design'd and fugly AND too top it off with lame gimmick colors

wonder whats next...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????
your one of those kids that walk around and hate on everybody to make yourself seem cool. let the kids be
and OP i dont think its the newer people that get the hate its the dudes who buy multiple pairs to resell for double retail

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Originally Posted by 2JORDAN3

hello, this is a letter to all "og jordan heads" who thinks hypebeast when they see a kid in a pair of retro jordans. Kids today do not have a MJ to look up to. All there is, is Kobe and Lebron. Kobe and Lebron are great players but they cannot compare to his abilities on the court or his sneakers. A lot of people believe that kids wear j's because Wale or other rappers or famous people wear them. Me personally I wear jordans because when i wear them for basketball or just for casual wear I feel proud to be rocking the greatest shoes of all time. The reason a lot of u guys wear j's is because u grew up watching him and wanted to be him. Or because u wanted them real bad as a kid but could not afford them but u can now. These shoes are nostalgic to u. Because of the recent hype releases and now the 4 hour line every release u guys are blaming kids who want the shoes but have zero knowledge of the shoe. There is alot of kids like this out there. U feel like they are stealing ur hobby. The point of this letter was to make u realize that not all kids are hypebeasts. There are a lot of kids who r real sneakerheads like me... 

Stopped reading after that. Kobe is far more skilled than Jordan could ever dream of being and Lebooboo is far more athletic. Jordan was a star in his own right, but if he played today it'd be a different story.
*flame suit on*

if he played today it would be a diffrent story just like it would be for any great Magic/Bird/Kareem 

Kobe might have more skill but its that fight and that drive wanting it more than the other guy that i think made Jordan that muich better imo

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

hello, this is a letter to all "og jordan heads" who thinks hypebeast when they see a kid in a pair of retro jordans. Kids today do not have a MJ to look up to. All there is, is Kobe and Lebron. Kobe and Lebron are great players but they cannot compare to his abilities on the court or his sneakers. A lot of people believe that kids wear j's because Wale or other rappers or famous people wear them. Me personally I wear jordans because when i wear them for basketball or just for casual wear I feel proud to be rocking the greatest shoes of all time. The reason a lot of u guys wear j's is because u grew up watching him and wanted to be him. Or because u wanted them real bad as a kid but could not afford them but u can now. These shoes are nostalgic to u. Because of the recent hype releases and now the 4 hour line every release u guys are blaming kids who want the shoes but have zero knowledge of the shoe. There is alot of kids like this out there. U feel like they are stealing ur hobby. The point of this letter was to make u realize that not all kids are hypebeasts. There are a lot of kids who r real sneakerheads like me... 

Stopped reading after that. Kobe is far more skilled than Jordan could ever dream of being and Lebooboo is far more athletic. Jordan was a star in his own right, but if he played today it'd be a different story.
*flame suit on*

Go watch your reggie highlights LAME!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kobe more skilled than MJ???

O Rly?
indifferent.gif

Kobe is never more skilled than MJ.
The only thing that kobe might be better
Is the smooth ballhandling.
In terms of shooting touch, hangtime,
Defense, kobe is still behind MJ.
If there was no MJ, Kobe would have
played much different since his teenage years.
most of kobe's moves are copying MJ, just
Like most Mj fans had been doing when
they play basketball.
However, kobe is the only one who comes
So close to MJ. But kobe is not more skilled.

Never liked KB nor his shoes, lebron will has his agility and his sig shoes have been looking better.MJ made frist history to accomplish all his goals with the style of the the best looking shoes ever... If ur an og head then u know what you have on your feet and if you ask a youngin what he wearing (remember back in high school asking another kid what shoes he had on he said he had jumpman when he really had the TB III) some will know the certain retro or they will just say they have jordans.

Stopped reading after that. Kobe is far more skilled than Jordan could ever dream of being and Lebooboo LeBron is far more athletic. Jordan was a star in his own right, but if he played today it'd be a different story.
*flame suit on*
Interesting.

I will give you LeBron being more athletic, but out of curiosity, how many times has Kobe shot over 50% in a season? When I think skill I think of efficiency and point outcome. Also skill isn't just on the offensive end, Jordan was a much more versatile defender and a better all around player.

You also mention that if Jordan played today that it would be a different story.  He played a little bit in this era and averaged 22.9 and 20.0 at the ages of 39 and 40 respectively! Have you ever thought to put LeBron and Kobe through the same era (80's-90's) as Jordan? That would be a different story also, but not in Kobe and LeBron's benefit.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That doesn't mean you're right however. It's still just your opinion.
The fact is, Jordan is the best player that ever played. This is not open for discussion. It's fact.

It's also a fact that the OP is trolling. Mission accomplished. And frankly I'm shocked certain members participated lol

Originally Posted by Spookz312

*flame suit on*

if he played today it would be a diffrent story just like it would be for any great Magic/Bird/Kareem 

Kobe might have more skill but its that fight and that drive wanting it more than the other guy that i think made Jordan that muich better imo
ppl seem to forget if jordan played today he would murder the game. The rules are different now it favors the offense back in the day it favored the defense now a days you cant touch the man with the ball the hand check rule is gone. The refs let them play ball before blowing the whistle. Kobe learned from jordan and he is great but not that great and lebron come on he gets too much credit durant will bust his *%@ imo. lebron isnt better than magic  bird dr.jay or dominique, he more of a pippen type of player so he belongs nowhere near a jordan convo. lebron is a choke artist jordan was clutch. !!$# reggie is was clutch. lebron is not. #@+% steve nash was drafted in 96 he didnt become and impact in the league until the rest of the 90's era left just shows how the league now compares to back then .some ppl need to do there homework b4 the compare ppl to jordan
eyes.gif
whats next Howard is better than Wilt
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

*flame suit on*

Go watch your reggie highlights LAME!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kobe more skilled than MJ???

O Rly?
indifferent.gif

Clapping.jpg

As it says in the DMP booklet..

"In the unique and illustrious career of Michael Jordan, those moments are at once recognizable, but more importantly, they have become indelibly linked to our collective memory of how greatness itself is defined."

Originally Posted by KMante

Stopped reading after that. Kobe is far more skilled than Jordan could ever dream of being and Lebooboo LeBron is far more athletic. Jordan was a star in his own right, but if he played today it'd be a different story.
*flame suit on*
Interesting.

I will give you LeBron being more athletic, but out of curiosity, how many times has Kobe shot over 50% in a season? When I think skill I think of efficiency and point outcome. Also skill isn't just on the offensive end, Jordan was a much more versatile defender and a better all around player.

You also mention that if Jordan played today that it would be a different story.  He played a little bit in this era and averaged 22.9 and 20.0 at the ages of 39 and 40 respectively! Have you ever thought to put LeBron and Kobe through the same era (80's-90's) as Jordan? That would be a different story also, but not in Kobe and LeBron's benefit.

This is the greatest response to the Jordan vs. Kobe argument I've ever read.

Kobe and Lebron wouldnt last during Jordans day. More complete teams he faced. Im no expert but if you took the star player off most teams in the league today there wouldnt be the same effect as if you did it with the 80s teams. Those teams would still school most. I just turned 37. Got a pair of black/blue ogs in grade school when they came out. Have had maybe 3 to 4 diff pairs of jordans through the years. I would love to have a bunch of retros and whole heartedly approve of them. Closest Ill get to owning them again. I remember those og Jordans like it was yesterday. The smell was like heaven. I studied that card what would eventually be the jumpman (my Jordan logo will always be a basketball with wings). I felt like when I wore those shoes I could jump higher, run faster just do it all. One of the main reason Jordan is the GOAT. That he could inject that imagination into some goofy white boy in Pittsburgh who will never have an NBA team to root for. He was the man and he backed it up every time. Not many you could say that about.

*flame suit on*
08f353fae39739495b9324ddaaeabda963386bc.jpg

they actually played defense when jordan played....

lmao at Kobe being more skilled than Jordan. Obviously you never saw Jordan play lil homie. smh at these 90s babies.

Nike is responsible for making Jordan what he is today. There were great (and far more dominant) players before him but why aren't they heralded like this? No player was ever marketed and endorsed in the manner that Jordan was. Nike took a great athlete and made him a global icon. If there was never a Nike deal you guys would view him in the same manner you guys view magic, bird, wilt, and bill and that would be as a great player.

I agree with your perspective OP...And as an "OG Head", This has to be one of the worst first posts ever. That is all!!

Nike is responsible for making Jordan what he is today. There were great (and far more dominant) players before him but why aren't they heralded like this? No player was ever marketed and endorsed in the manner that Jordan was. Nike took a great athlete and made him a global icon. If there was never a Nike deal you guys would view him in the same manner you guys view magic, bird, wilt, and bill and that would be as a great player.

Naw bruh......Jordan is responsible for making Nike what it is today.....you make some asinine post but this is your best one by far......

I was born in '91 and I know that MJ is way better then KB.
As said before Buy what you like, Know the history, and respect the culture.

MJ = GOAT

Why bother?
I prefer to let thes oldheads think they are the only true sneakerheads, buy my jordans, and wave them in front of their faces. I was watching jordan play in his second threepeat. So I am older than the average child they dis (im almost 23, they tend to go after people under 20) but idc. Anyone who thinks you need to watch or play basketball at a certain period of your life to appreciate a fashionable shoe is an idiot. And they need to find something better to do with their lives than blaming children for not being able to get a shoe. According to their stupid logic, anyone born after 1917 shouldn't be allowed to rock a pair of Converse all stars
30t6p3b.gif

But I love how you also see them rocking basketball shoes from players that came after their time
Either way, I know the history and have been a sneakerhead since I was 11. That's all I care about

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This guy thinks that the shoe made the man. naw the man made the shoe. So jordan wouldnt been the goat with out a pair of air jordans I guess you never seen him play in college when he had a pair of converse on. Ask Ewing if he believes that statement.
30t6p3b.gif

lol this guy

Back
Top Bottom