to all the OG heads

Originally Posted by sickickz23

tired of these Kobe vs MJ arguments...but this video is a really good one...shows Kobe's incompetent decision makings sometimes....
Watching MJ play, just beautiful.
I loved one play in the series where Jordan goes behind the back on the break and hits a layup. Then Bill Walton says this guy is pretty good

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

tired of these Kobe vs MJ arguments...but this video is a really good one...shows Kobe's incompetent decision makings sometimes....
Watching MJ play, just beautiful.
I loved one play in the series where Jordan goes behind the back on the break and hits a layup. Then Bill Walton says this guy is pretty good
Not to mention that the NBA finals 1996 was the most decent series for MJ in his 6 NBA finals.
Usually he averages over 30 ppg in the NBA finals, in 1993 even 41 ppg.

But in 1996 he took less shots and created more opportunity for his teammates.

In 1998 he and Scottie Pippen were the only scoring factors until game 5 when

Scottie Pippen had a bad shooting day of 2-of-15 and injured himself

in the first quarter in game 6 forcing MJ to take over even more.

This Thread Again?
indifferent.gif

Ive watched basketball here and there since the goat left and what i see is basketball is boring until the 4th quarter, now with that being said and it applies to all of the NBA then im going to have to say since MJ played hard the whole game then im going with jordan as hands down better than anyone today. yeah yeah if he was here he could....fill in the blank.... but hes not and do you honestly think he couldnt still adapt to his surroundings like he always did and come out on top and the thing about jordan that we all know is that he makes EVERYONE around him work harder and become better so with that in mind nobody comes close to his greatness. and im done lol

This is just ridiculous. I agree Jordan is better but comparing the 96 bulls to last years lakers SMH. This whole video is biased. Jordan made incompetent decisions too. They are both selfish players. If you watched his hall of fame speech, he is the same guy that said his coach said "Mike there is no I in team," and Mike said " You're right but there is an I in WIN." The clips showed Michael slashing to rim and passing to the open man and the open man making it. While you have Kobe passing to his teammates and then missing. Kobe needs better role players. I can say that Mike didn't have a SHAQ type player to help him win a championship but Mike certainly had more players that could hit the jumper consistently as role players on the 96 team. Kobe doesn't have that at all.

Originally Posted by shindo03

This is just ridiculous. I agree Jordan is better but comparing the 96 bulls to last years lakers SMH. This whole video is biased. Jordan made incompetent decisions too. They are both selfish players. If you watched his hall of fame speech, he is the same guy that said his coach said "Mike there is no I in team," and Mike said " You're right but there is an I in WIN." The clips showed Michael slashing to rim and passing to the open man and the open man making it. While you have Kobe passing to his teammates and then missing. Kobe needs better role players. I can say that Mike didn't have a SHAQ type player to help him win a championship but Mike certainly had more players that could hit the jumper consistently as role players on the 96 team. Kobe doesn't have that at all.

I agree with the hall of fame thing. His whole speech was a very crass display of egotism and selfishness. But at the same time, would he be Michael Jordan if he wasn't that selfish and self-centred?
I don't watch modern basketball (it's lame) but from what I saw in the video, it appears that the lakers' offense is based on kobe dribbling the ball up and shooting while 4 other players stand around and watch.

I agree with the hall of fame thing. His whole speech was a very crass display of egotism and selfishness. But at the same time, would he be Michael Jordan if he wasn't that selfish and self-centred?
I don't watch modern basketball (it's lame) but from what I saw in the video, it appears that the lakers' offense is based on kobe dribbling the ball up and shooting while 4 other players stand around and watch.
Basically the triangle offense. And trust me there is clips of michael doing the same thing and everyone else watching. Its called an ISO.....you know when you spread the floor for the star player and he just does his thing. I think michael had that play called a few times hahaha.I have no problem with ego, I am just saying both players are selfish. Kobe wouldn't be Kobe and Mike wouldnt be Mike witout that. They wouldn't have there competitive spirit without there selfish egos. I don't really mean selfish, what I mean is when Michael gives people chances and they answer by scoring and he passes more. Kobe does the same when his teammates answer by scoring but WOW last games playing Dallas. You could tell Kobe just didn't trust his teammates after the first games of the series. So, he took it upon himself. He took the on his back and rolled with it because he didn't trust his teammates to score cause they weren't! Michael does the same thing when his teammates don't score. Listen to his HOF speech. He says it himself. But, crap with BJ armstrong what I think he had like a 45% 3 point percentage and then being replaced by Steve Kerr. Man John Paxson, BJ armstrong, Steve kerr, Toni Kukoc, ron harper.... man Kobe needs Kyle Korver or back in the day Rashard Lewis would have been a great fit..... Lamar's height plus can hit the 3. What's that dudes name on the magic that can hit 3's anderson, I think.... He would be a good fit too. Lakers need a really good 3 pointer.... Matt Barnes is alright at the perimeter and they got Gouldelock or whatever that was in the 3 pt contest for college or whatever.... but you get the jist.

The triangle offense is about spacing and getting open shots. What kobe was doing in the clip was bringing up the ball and shooting.
Obviously, the stars should get more scoring opportunities than the 4th or 5th option, but taking 11 dribbles to get a bad shot?

This whole thread went form a kid trying to tell you he isn't a hypebeast and appreciates jordan like we all do to a thread about who's better jordan/kobe/lebron smh. They are all great players you can't compare them head to head and expect to get a factitious answer. Jordan is a legend his name will go down in basketball as a legend. Lebron and Kobe are still playing once they are done with the game their name will also go down as legends. Right now Jordan is the greatest player of all time.

Back to the hypebeast thing, why are you even writing a letter to everyone. You don't need to prove your point as a hypebeast or not. If you like jordans than you like jordans simple as. Have your own reasons and think for yourself, don't let the community decide if you're a hypebeast or not. Stupid post you aint achieving anything with this one.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Biggest cornball on this site and easily the biggest hypebeast on here. 

Coming from you this means absolutely nothing to me

I already put you in your place behind closed doors, I can expose you for the female mutt you are in public on the boards if you like....stay in your lane Barney....you dont want it with me...now run along before I gotta bend you over my knee and teach you a lesson again

Oh and obviously you're the cornball based on the response you are getting to your post
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Stay outta section 8 Reggie
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's obvious you were a Pacer fan and you're still salty MJ whipped your team all through the 90's.....deal with it, it's been 15 yrs lol

Some wounds never heal I guess
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The triangle offense is about spacing and getting open shots. What kobe was doing in the clip was bringing up the ball and shooting.
Obviously, the stars should get more scoring opportunities than the 4th or 5th option, but taking 11 dribbles to get a bad shot?

No the triangle offense if a Point forward type of player....normally pippen or lamar bringing up the ball....of course its much more intricate than just that. But, it works best when a Point Forward brings up the ball. In this case it looks like Kobe is bringing it up and to set it up and it goes into an iso....If the guys would score sure.... but most likely they cluck it.... for now your right andrew bynum needs more touches...

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by 2JORDAN3

hello, this is a letter to all "og jordan heads" who thinks hypebeast when they see a kid in a pair of retro jordans. Kids today do not have a MJ to look up to. All there is, is Kobe and Lebron. Kobe and Lebron are great players but they cannot compare to his abilities on the court or his sneakers. A lot of people believe that kids wear j's because Wale or other rappers or famous people wear them. Me personally I wear jordans because when i wear them for basketball or just for casual wear I feel proud to be rocking the greatest shoes of all time. The reason a lot of u guys wear j's is because u grew up watching him and wanted to be him. Or because u wanted them real bad as a kid but could not afford them but u can now. These shoes are nostalgic to u. Because of the recent hype releases and now the 4 hour line every release u guys are blaming kids who want the shoes but have zero knowledge of the shoe. There is alot of kids like this out there. U feel like they are stealing ur hobby. The point of this letter was to make u realize that not all kids are hypebeasts. There are a lot of kids who r real sneakerheads like me... 

tumblr_m2i0tizju91r9rw6k.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 mcgruber

People should back up a little bit...

Is Kobe a better basketball player than Magic Johnson even?

I think Kobe is an AMAZING player and one of the best ever.

BUT

I don't even think that Kobe is the best Laker ever, let alone being compared to the GOAT.

Take a look at the numbers alone:

draft_lens2018466module9873822photo_1212807413offense-jordan-versus-kobe.jpg

draft_lens2018466module9874349photo_1212810108defense-jordan-kobe-stats.jpg

Originally Posted by super23freak

BUT

I don't even think that Kobe is the best Laker ever, let alone being compared to the GOAT.

super23freak just shut up anybody who claims   kobe is better than MJ. Good job

No the triangle offense if a Point forward type of player....normally pippen or lamar bringing up the ball....of course its much more intricate than just that. But, it works best when a Point Forward brings up the ball. In this case it looks like Kobe is bringing it up and to set it up and it goes into an iso....If the guys would score sure.... but most likely they cluck it.... for now your right andrew bynum needs more touches...
You missed the point of the triangle offense if you think the defining characteristic is having a point forward bring up the ball to go into an iso. If you watched the bulls  games, full games not youtube highlights, you'd see that Harper brought the ball up just as much as pip. How many isos were run for Harper? Not many, if any. Even MJ brought the ball up occasionally, but he didn't go straight into an iso, unless it was the end of game.
The triangle offense is an equal opportunity offense. That's why Phil Jackson had to hard sell it Jordan. You think MJ wouldn't have jumped at an offense that gave him a scoring opportunity right after bringing the ball up?

BUT

Thank you sir
pimp.gif

BUT

But but but.......he's more skilled....I know the numbers don't prove it but I'm gonna say it anyways in a Jordan forum cause Im a big

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopSince1980

At 31, going on 32....I still buy/wear Jordans for many reasons (memory association, reflection of some of the best times of my life, etc). I also say that about Flight 89s, AM90s, 93s, & 95s. Personally I think a lot of the stuff thats being designed and sold now doesn't look appealing. Sure Lebrons/Kobes/KDs/Etc are great performance shoes, but some of the designs are really out there and too futuristic looking.

I'm an older head too. but i wouldnt say the new shoes are any more futuristic than the early 00s with the alpha project shoes. Most of those were just too much. Somewhat ironic though they had the candy dipped painted colors back then and they werent as big as they are today. oh and i cant stand the young sneakerheads

Im 17 and i dont know what i'll be labeled as.But i do know that i have always had j's and anynother type of nike's ever since i was walking and i have always had love for jordans as much as the OG sneakerhead's .Im not a fan of following at all, and nowadays with all the hype and bull@*#& over some shoes is just making me :SMH at the entire sneaker community. majority of people are just following the media. so therefore dont be surprised if you see me posting on the SHAQ'S THREAD

i'm sorry but anyone who was old enough to understand basketball and watched jordan play thru the 90's and then has watched kobe over the last decade +, it's a no brainer. you KNOW jordan was a better player.

and phil jackson didn't quite go as far as to say kobe was all the way better, after he elaborated a bit he sounded more like jordan was better, had better hands and handling, better shooting average, better defense, etc. he also went on to say jordan was hands down the best in interior game, but kobe was better outside.

you can kinda hear phil walking back on saying kobe is better, and it's prolly just cuz at the time he was still working with kobe and seeing him play and the way jordan played wasn't fresh in his mind anymore...

at the end of the day the numbers don't lie, and those stats up there rest the case.

but here's phil, listen for yourself:

Back
Top Bottom