To everyone 19 years or younger with a car...

Or whoever got their first car when they were 19 or younger. How did you go about getting it. Did someone buy it for you, did you save up for it and how??
I just found out that at the rate im going, its gunna take me 2 years to save up for a 2000 dollar car
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Minimum minimum wage FTL

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I just found out that at the rate im going, its gunna take me 2 years to save up for a 2000 dollar car
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Minimum minimum wage FTL

where the hell you work at bo?
2 years? smh start hustlin

i got mine for $150 and it has zero problems just needed a new battery
And i purchased it
Work more hours and try to get a job with commission

Parents bought my sister a $2,000 bucket which she used for 5 years

i used it for 2-3 years...now it just over heats and doesn't go into gear at times

Parents old car...then that one got totaled, and the grandparents + insurance money from totaled car got me my new car.

Originally Posted by joshhassolex

damn, dude how much you getting paid?
anyways, i'm getting mines as a graduation gift
$7.20 an hour and only making about 260 every other week. I was planning on putting 50 in savings to save up but thats gunna take too long
smh.gif

But I wanted to know, especially to the people who bought it themselves, how they went about saving and such. i need some tips.

17 YO is when i got my first car and i live in the city so thats not to common.

got it from step dad who got it for free, 01 sebring
pimp.gif

got the car from moms.

she bought it brand new fully loaded in 2002. i got it in 2006 when she got a new car.

all together it was about 20k.

SpeakUp23 wrote:
joshhassolex wrote:
damn, dude how much you getting paid?
anyways, i'm getting mines as a graduation gift

$7.20 an hour and only making about 260 every other week. I was planning on putting 50 in savings to save up but thats gunna take too long
smh.gif

But I wanted to know, especially to the people who bought it themselves, how they went about saving and such. i need some tips.

That's 520 a month. 4 months of saving all your dough or 5 months of saving most your dough will get you 2000. Or saving 50 a week you'll have that in10 months. How the hell did you come up with 2 years? You tryna save 10 bucks a week or something?

My parents are about to get a new car. So there'll be 3 cars total. I won't have a car personally for myself but i'll always have one to drive.

I got lucky..
my moms friend was selling his mustang for a $1000
she asked me if i wanted it and i said yes...now i love this car

my bro is under 19, but he got a car when he was 18. parents bought it for him so he can go to school. then it got totaled, and they got him another one. (notnew cars btw, used)

i didn't get *%*! when i was 18
frown.gif

my parents paid like 2000 and i paid like 3000 which i saved from b-days and under table jobs for my 2001 ford taurus which i got when i was 16 1/2
just about a month ago after busting my %%$ working 5 somtimes 7 days a week i was able to by this (im 19 now)
2b81631cab0453fc2bb010d48f863aace3d11eb1.jpg

2008 Altima which i bought with all my own money.. now im working my %%$ off to get a lil house hopefully

For me, it happened at 18 in a less funny retelling of:

"So Rilla, you want the good news or the bad news"

"Bad, I guess"

"Your mom is dead"

"Well damn Gucci!"

Had my first car at 16. Worked all summer, saved $500 and bought a '89 Civic at an auction. I had busted heads and water pump. Just changed those, meand my pops. It was good to go. Sold it for $1000, six months later, turned around and bought a salvaged '90 Integra that needed light fender work. Theywere both salvaged, but with a little work, they turned out to be great cars while I was in HS.

parents bought me a 97 acura CL for $9000 when i was 17-18 years old.

drove it all through college and just recently bought an 08 bimmer 3-series myself back in September of 08.

i got mine at 20 by myself...paid 2500 for it. just sell all your shoes and stop buying new shoes/clothes/eat outside and you'll have more money than youthink.

Back
Top Bottom