To sell or to keep...Collecting since 1991

Kinda off topic, but everytime I see a thread by an "older" NT member, it makes me a happier Niketalker. I just get excited to hear from someone that is 1) in a similar point in their non-sneakerhead life than I am and 2) is NOT *****ing and complaining the whole time.

Not saying irrelevent, stupid %*** like "robocopped" or "aww man, when are they gonna put the Nike Air back on teh Jordans" or my personal favorite, when people say that "x" sneaker is releasing, in "x" colorway but with no pictures, in like 16 months and people are like "Oh Man, those are gonna be SICK"

OP, thanks for making a relevent, meaningful post...even if it's just meaningful and relevent to a few...I, for one, appreciate it

^my favorite is when someone posts a teaser pic of a shoe and a link to their website

^my favorite is when someone posts a teaser pic of a shoe and a link to their website

I would say keep your top 25... that still ranks you as a "collector", and I'm sure you can narrow down to 25

I would say keep your top 25... that still ranks you as a "collector", and I'm sure you can narrow down to 25

Thanks everybody for your feedback. I think that for now I will hold onto what I got. My soon to be wife surprised me this past Christmas with some retro white/varsity red XIII's which I think is a good indication that she appreciates my love for my collection. It blew me away that she actually was able to find a colorway that I did not have without even asking me. Yeah, coming up with my top 25 pairs would be a no brainer. I could stand to lose a few more pairs here and there that were pure impulse buys but we will wait and see. Again, thanks to all the collector's out there for keeping this crazy culture alive. Who knows, maybe Jordan Brand will once again raise the bar...One day

Thanks everybody for your feedback. I think that for now I will hold onto what I got. My soon to be wife surprised me this past Christmas with some retro white/varsity red XIII's which I think is a good indication that she appreciates my love for my collection. It blew me away that she actually was able to find a colorway that I did not have without even asking me. Yeah, coming up with my top 25 pairs would be a no brainer. I could stand to lose a few more pairs here and there that were pure impulse buys but we will wait and see. Again, thanks to all the collector's out there for keeping this crazy culture alive. Who knows, maybe Jordan Brand will once again raise the bar...One day

im 29 aand got married in april and only have around 35 pair but every pair reminds me of that time of my life and is worth more money than i could ever put out. keep what you love cuz memories arent forever but reminding yourself of a greater time in life is priceless

im 29 aand got married in april and only have around 35 pair but every pair reminds me of that time of my life and is worth more money than i could ever put out. keep what you love cuz memories arent forever but reminding yourself of a greater time in life is priceless

I think that if you need the money to pay for something important then do it. However if you aren't strapped for cash then keep them. I am definetly in a similiar situation. I am 27 and expecting my first and have slowed down considerably with my Jordan purchases or sneaker purchases period. From like 2002 to 2007 I was buying at least two pairs of sneakers a month. Now I get maybe 3-4 purchases a year. Funny thing is my fiance is the one that buys me most of my new pairs now anyways so I don't have a problem with my fiance asking me why I am crazy or spend my money on stuff like that. So if you aren't broke keep what you like. You might regret selling them later when there really wasn't a need.

I think that if you need the money to pay for something important then do it. However if you aren't strapped for cash then keep them. I am definetly in a similiar situation. I am 27 and expecting my first and have slowed down considerably with my Jordan purchases or sneaker purchases period. From like 2002 to 2007 I was buying at least two pairs of sneakers a month. Now I get maybe 3-4 purchases a year. Funny thing is my fiance is the one that buys me most of my new pairs now anyways so I don't have a problem with my fiance asking me why I am crazy or spend my money on stuff like that. So if you aren't broke keep what you like. You might regret selling them later when there really wasn't a need.

Keep your collection. I didnt have a huge collection. I had maybe like 20 pair and I sold them and now I regret it. I am actually trying to get most of the OG colorways back. Its part of your youth. But if you have to sell for more important things in life by all means do that, but at least try and keep a few your fav pairs.

Keep your collection. I didnt have a huge collection. I had maybe like 20 pair and I sold them and now I regret it. I am actually trying to get most of the OG colorways back. Its part of your youth. But if you have to sell for more important things in life by all means do that, but at least try and keep a few your fav pairs.

I'd say sell of the ones you can live without...
Come out for releases you really want, but don't stop a 100%

I'd say sell of the ones you can live without...
Come out for releases you really want, but don't stop a 100%

If there's still love for your grails, then keep them. I'm getting older, and have been offing pairs left and right, but when it comes to pairs I love, there's nothing that would make me part with them. Just keep enough where you won't have any regrets.

If there's still love for your grails, then keep them. I'm getting older, and have been offing pairs left and right, but when it comes to pairs I love, there's nothing that would make me part with them. Just keep enough where you won't have any regrets.

i just turned 27 and in the past year i lost a lot of interest in jordans, the only ones that are timeless to me is the 3s hands down but i mostly rock air max 90 and 95s now.

i just turned 27 and in the past year i lost a lot of interest in jordans, the only ones that are timeless to me is the 3s hands down but i mostly rock air max 90 and 95s now.

Sell the collection!!!

BTW what size are you
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Sell the collection!!!

BTW what size are you
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Ill just put my .2cents in. Keep what you can and love. If you got something you won't miss or don't care for let it go if you please.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Sell the collection!!!

BTW what size are you
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Ill just put my .2cents in. Keep what you can and love. If you got something you won't miss or don't care for let it go if you please.

Back
Top Bottom