To sell or to keep...Collecting since 1991

DO NOT sell them.
If you have them in this stage of your life it's because you love them.
They'll bring in a good amount of money but money goes quick.
The way JB retros stuff youll never be able to retrieve your grails, in their true form at least.
Keep your shoes, you'll regret selling them in a couple of years.

DO NOT sell them.
If you have them in this stage of your life it's because you love them.
They'll bring in a good amount of money but money goes quick.
The way JB retros stuff youll never be able to retrieve your grails, in their true form at least.
Keep your shoes, you'll regret selling them in a couple of years.

If you don't feel the same way about them anymore, best to part with them.
1. Will make a pretty penny
2. Let someone else enjoy them

If you don't feel the same way about them anymore, best to part with them.
1. Will make a pretty penny
2. Let someone else enjoy them

I also have been collecting since 1991. I have sold just about everything (400+ pairs) over the past few years and never looked back. Keep the ones that mean something and sell the rest.

Take the family on vacation with the money you make and make new memories.

I also have been collecting since 1991. I have sold just about everything (400+ pairs) over the past few years and never looked back. Keep the ones that mean something and sell the rest.

Take the family on vacation with the money you make and make new memories.

if you have to ask, than i would say sell them.

But if you dont need the extra money, than keep them shoes.

if you have to ask, than i would say sell them.

But if you dont need the extra money, than keep them shoes.

I'd say go through each and every single individual pair you have right now and make a judgment call on each one as to whether or not they have enough sentimental value to merit being kept if you really must get rid of your shoes. I'd get rid of the pairs you definitely won't wear if I were you.

I'd say go through each and every single individual pair you have right now and make a judgment call on each one as to whether or not they have enough sentimental value to merit being kept if you really must get rid of your shoes. I'd get rid of the pairs you definitely won't wear if I were you.

hey man, i am 31 and i've been going through the same thing...
it has taken me quite some time to get to the way that i am thinking now...
but i've realized that it's wwwaaayyy cooler to have $10,000 in my bank account, than it is to have $10,000 worth of sneakers sitting in my closet...

do not let your air jordan collection get in the way of anything that is truly important in your life...
sell that #*$*...it feels so good.

hey man, i am 31 and i've been going through the same thing...
it has taken me quite some time to get to the way that i am thinking now...
but i've realized that it's wwwaaayyy cooler to have $10,000 in my bank account, than it is to have $10,000 worth of sneakers sitting in my closet...

do not let your air jordan collection get in the way of anything that is truly important in your life...
sell that #*$*...it feels so good.

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

i've realized that it's wwwaaayyy cooler to have $10,000 in my bank account, than it is to have $10,000 worth of sneakers sitting in my closet...

amen to that.
ive narrowed down my most-wanted list to 5 shoes, and God-willing, after that ill be hitting the shoe stores very sparingly.

i gave up a lot during my 20s to end up with nothing but a closet full of shoes.

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

i've realized that it's wwwaaayyy cooler to have $10,000 in my bank account, than it is to have $10,000 worth of sneakers sitting in my closet...

amen to that.
ive narrowed down my most-wanted list to 5 shoes, and God-willing, after that ill be hitting the shoe stores very sparingly.

i gave up a lot during my 20s to end up with nothing but a closet full of shoes.

If you're not hurting for money I'd say keep what you got and stop now. If you need money I'd say let it go.

You can always sell the ones that you don't care as much as the ones that are heat/grail status to you. Just make sure you don't regret it later and try and buy em again!

If you're not hurting for money I'd say keep what you got and stop now. If you need money I'd say let it go.

You can always sell the ones that you don't care as much as the ones that are heat/grail status to you. Just make sure you don't regret it later and try and buy em again!

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm down to the point where I'm only interested in OG colorways 1 through 13. Nothing else.
anythign above 13 is pretty hideous.... 14's are debatable. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm down to the point where I'm only interested in OG colorways 1 through 13. Nothing else.
anythign above 13 is pretty hideous.... 14's are debatable. 

Sell off the ones you don't or can't wear anymore. I'm starting to get to this point with my collection which is only 40+. starting to get tired of whipping out some older og's or retro's and finding out something wrong with them I.e. Cracked midsoles or midsole separation due to age. Whatever you decide you can't go wrong either way imo.

Sell off the ones you don't or can't wear anymore. I'm starting to get to this point with my collection which is only 40+. starting to get tired of whipping out some older og's or retro's and finding out something wrong with them I.e. Cracked midsoles or midsole separation due to age. Whatever you decide you can't go wrong either way imo.

Shoot... I'm 37 with a 16yo and 4yo. I'm a professional archaeologist with a PhD from Berkeley and I still have a Jordan fix. Nothing wrong with liking what you like, as long as it doesn't get in the way of living life. In short, too much of anything makes you a addict, just keep it to a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom