To those that oppose Gay Marriage, WHY?

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

because marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman.
I don't understand how sacred something married is when it's so easily forsaken, as shown in US divorce rate data.

i find it that many people are just too encumbered with emotion to logically evaluate situations.

i am all for gay rights and everything, and as forsaken as marriage is today, we have to respect that marriage is a religious institution and most religions are against homosexuality.

where we have to make a change is with the government; separate church from state and grant the same rights to homosexual civil unions as they do with heterosexual marriages.
jeez..someone with some damn common sense..co-sign on 100% of this quote.

and for the record, most people aren't against the union of 2 gay people as opposed to the "agenda" its gonna bring on society..people have a problem when you try to normalize homosexuality, because quite frankly its not normal.
It's not normal to who, you? %%$%@ with that and open your eyes just because something isn't normal to you doesn't mean it's not normal to someone else...
look last time i check the human body is catered for heterosexual reproduction, not homosexual reproduction. so can gay people can argure tillthey turn blue in the face about having equal rights, which they already have since they're humans, but being normal isn't something they are...ya canholla at me when homosexuals figure out a way to reproduce without the rest of us heterosexuals....we'll be waitin.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ReliantJ:
KingofIlladelph:
Thousands upon thousands of gay couples live together, have families, and lead lifestyles that parallel most American families. That will never change. So what will be different if they are allowed the same rights? They'll still hold hands in public. They'll still engage in sexual acts. And you'll still have to explain homosexuality to your kids. Seriously, what do you gain by opposing gay marriage?
"It will confirm my fragile confidence in my sexuality"
Suggesting that people are anti-'gay marriage' because they are insecure in their sexuality is a tired and baseless as the argument from the opposite side suggesting that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because then people would be allowed to marry animals.

Some people who are completely comfortable and aware of their sexuality feel that allowing gay marriage would drop the collective morality of the country a little more, and they're opposing that.

No, I'm not one of those people. I don't oppose gay marriage.
another person with common sense.

gays having sex with eachother isn't the MAIN problem...its the agenda BEHIND it.

AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA....

Originally Posted by stunner157

i am hetero.
i am Christian.

I do not believe in gay marriage in that i would not practice it myself.

I believe that homosexuality is frowned upon by God, but he has given us two laws after the Mosaic Law.

Love God above all.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

Hating on gays would not be loving your neighbor, would it?

If you don't think gay marriage is right, then DON'T ENTER A GAY MARRIAGE.

there is always room for tolerance regardless of religion or faith.

i agree with everything until the last statement cause if God tolerated sin then there would be no reason for us to repent of our wrong-doings.
maybe you meant theres always room for forgiveness
and God does a little more than frown on homosexuality He calls it an abomination
im not judging anybody for their sins cause we all haved sinned. sin is sin their is no sin that is greater than the other.
cause we all have done wrong so we as humans cant judge anybody else

^ 'There is always room for tolerance' does NOT mean 'There is always room for God to tolerate sin'; it means 'There is always room forpeople to be tolerant of each other.'

Are you God, or people?

wink.gif

This whole debate stems from religion. If religion didnt exist there wouldnt even be a debate over gay people living their lives. Religion is the problem withtodays society and will always be the problem with todays society.

Most people think it's gross and it don't want to see it, nor do they want to make gaymarriage "popular" tv shows, mags, ect. Another reason I believe people don't want gays to get married is RELIGION they're so hooked on thisbook that they're obliviouse to the fact that by preventing gay marriage they're going against what religion is really suppose to do.

Originally Posted by Black Milk

This whole debate stems from religion. If religion didnt exist there wouldnt even be a debate over gay people living their lives. Religion is the problem with todays society and will always be the problem with todays society.

chuuch.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Rightguard

your like why im like why not

you should have made the thread wit your question. you didnt, so support your argument or be gone.

Originally Posted by Black Milk

This whole debate stems from religion. If religion didnt exist there wouldnt even be a debate over gay people living their lives. Religion is the problem with todays society and will always be the problem with todays society.

the older i get, the more i feel this way.

Black Milk:
Religion is as much to blame for moral issues as minorities are to blame for racism.

The reason we have racism is not because we have minorities; it's because we have intolerant idiots who refuse to let go of the stubborn, insensitive waythey live with minorities.

The reason we have wars and what not over issues like this is not because of religion; it's because we have intolerant idiots who refuse to let go of thestubborn, insensitive way they practice their religion.

Saying 'Well, the problem is religion then. Get rid of religion and there won't be a problem' solves the problem just as effectively as racismcould be solved by saying 'Well, get rid of all minorities, and there won't be any racism.'

if u allow gay marriage, then marriage going to be exploited; for example... Man marries his Dog name Shelly...

Originally Posted by LAzianBoi

if u allow gay marriage, then marriage going to be exploited; for example... Man marries his Dog name Shelly...

Exploited? I just can't understand some of the arguments for taking away someone's rights. Since when is two consenting adults the same as a consentingadult and a dog? Voted No on Prop 8.

That's your arguement? FAIL
roll.gif
roll.gif

I always say... If people would mind their own business, the world would be a better place!

Originally Posted by micheal623

I just voted NO on 8. You should be able to marry the person you love.

i voted no to AZ's equivalent prop 102.

did the "yes" folks spend huge amounts of money in yall state?
there were so many signs and commercials. S!!! there was a sign right outside the 75ft line
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

That's your arguement? FAIL
roll.gif
roll.gif

i dont believe i have read a valid arugment...did i read over it? i doubt it.

Let gay people marry.

They have rights just as every individual in this country does.

If this gets voted against the gov't will only be taking just another one of our rights, which they haven't been doing already? patriot act? huh

Back
Top Bottom