To those that oppose Gay Marriage, WHY?

Im sure its like this every time an election year rolls around but why is it that folks are so against gay marriage?

In Arizona, its Prop 102,(from my limited understanding) if voted for (yes) the State will create an amendment that would make gay marriage illegal, and makeit so no "judge" could change that.

the commercial in support of it does not give legitimate reasons why gay marriage should be disallowed, or even how effects anyone.

so thats the point of my thread, why and how does gay marriage effect you?

I'm sayin'.. why are people so concerned with what gay people do behind closed doors.

Let them live.. they're going to be gay whether they are allowed to marry or not.

I feel like the people that are against gay marriage are against gay people period.

And they say history repeats...

It doesn't effect me at all. No on prop 8!!

However, the majority of religious people don't want them to get married in their church because the bible states "marriage should be between a manand woman," or something along those lines. Many are just against gays in general.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

because marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman.
I don't understand how sacred something married is when it's so easily forsaken, as shown in US divorce rate data.

so holy and sacred yet people do it with elvis, drunken only to have it annuled the following business day, and after their third divorce when they stillchoose to wear white right?

indifferent.gif

see this is one of the comments i want clarification on. Sacred to who, and what makes marriage sacred? is it a religion/moral thing?
and why should your relgious and moral beliefs be placed upon someone else?

I will post once and leave because I know I am preaching what people don't want to hear.

Gay Marriage is a church and State issue, not a moral one. I am against prop 8.

But NO MARRIAGE should be sanctioned by the state.

To say that Gay Marriage is Ok is fine with me, but who is to say that polygamy is not okay?

Or how about other religious entities such as Marriage?

Rasta's believe in herbal healing. Where is that Proposition?

People will say that people quoting the bible are not separating religion from state. In actuality neither are you.

i should take pics of the catholic church by my block, BOMBARDED with vote yes on prop 8 signs

My thing is, life is too damn short to care that much, who are we to determine who can get married to who? We are on this earth temporarily, why keep twopeople from spending their life together in a legal bond, regardless if they are homosexuals?

Originally Posted by Steve Hartridge

I'm sayin'.. why are people so concerned with what gay people do behind closed doors.

Let them live..
they're going to be gay whether they are allowed to marry or not.

I feel like the people that are against gay marriage are against gay people period.

And they say history repeats...

QFT

At the end of the day....

Religious BibleThumpers will ALWAYS be TOO damn worried about the way OTHERS live their lives that they themselves will not live their own to the maximum oftheir potential.

you won't get to heaven being gay.
if you ain't gay then what the hell you worried about?

If I lived in Cali, I'd vote no.

Gay people have their own lifestyle, let them do and be entitled to what they want; I'm not responsible for guiding their lives and it doesn't affectme in any way.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

the only people who are gonna say no are either homophobs or people blinded by religion
LOL WUT?

Yes on prop 8 means you're against gay marriage.
No means you're for gay marriage.

i guess i'm a "homophob"?

Originally Posted by Sidewayze

God made Adam and Eve, not Adam & Steve
I agree.

what next? barnyard animals? Homosexuality is deviance

Honestly, I believe you have the right to choose your own lifestyle whether it be straight or homosexual, but for it to be legally recognized is absolute BSand if you disagree
indifferent.gif
and
smh.gif
x100 to you.

Back
Top Bottom