Toby Gerhart Deserves the Heisman.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

CJ SPILLER DESERVES THE HEISMAN.
he is having a monster game, BUT 9 carries for 17 yards in that game last week killed his shot. If you fools continue to say Spiller should win, why don't I throw out Jaquizz Rodgers, he plays on a good team with a not so good record similar to Spiller, has great numbers that are possibly better than CJ's. See what I did there, both of those dudes are great backs and have done alot, but neither are at the heisman level this year

how many long TDs does Rodgers have? how many kick returns TDs?

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

CJ SPILLER DESERVES THE HEISMAN.
he is having a monster game, BUT 9 carries for 17 yards in that game last week killed his shot. If you fools continue to say Spiller should win, why don't I throw out Jaquizz Rodgers, he plays on a good team with a not so good record similar to Spiller, has great numbers that are possibly better than CJ's. See what I did there, both of those dudes are great backs and have done alot, but neither are at the heisman level this year

how many long TDs does Rodgers have? how many kick returns TDs?

Rodgers doesn't return kicks, as you probably know, his brother takes care of that. I would still say he is a more complete back than Spiller. He canblock alot better, and check out his recieving stats. They outshine Spillers and just about any other RB. Don't get this confused though, I am not sayingQuizz should be in the heisman race this year, but if Spiller gets recognition his name should be put in there as well.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Unfortunately Stanford stumbled at the end of the season and finished 8-4, didn't win their conference. If you look at the winners of the Heisman Trophy in the past 20 years, all winners were on teams that at least won their conference championship.
If I'm not mistaken, Oklahoma didn't win their conference championship against Kansas State the year Jason White won.

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Exactly, You get the point that many other fans can't.
Ingram plays for a 12-0 team. That would still be 12-0 without him.
Gerhart is the most VALUABLE player in the nation, without him Stanford is a 3-9 team this season.
Get the hell out of here w/ that BS.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

If your name isn't Suh then you arent the best player in the nation. Period. He is the best player and its not close, dude is unreal.

Originally Posted by GodofWar

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Unfortunately Stanford stumbled at the end of the season and finished 8-4, didn't win their conference. If you look at the winners of the Heisman Trophy in the past 20 years, all winners were on teams that at least won their conference championship.
If I'm not mistaken, Oklahoma didn't win their conference championship against Kansas State the year Jason White won.
No they didn't. Oklahoma got upset by Kansas State in the Big XII Championship game. Even though they lost they still went on to play in theBCS title game. That Oklahoma team was that good. That Oklahoma team was stomping everyone out and then lost it's last two games. The beginning of BigGame Bob.

For the record I thought Larry Fitzgerald deserved it that year.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Gerhart is the most VALUABLE player in the nation, without him Stanford is a 3-9 team this season.

You really think Richardson is a drop off from Ingram?

Originally Posted by acidicality

33e7y4l.jpg
%!%% Stanford

Rodgers doesn't return kicks, as you probably know, his brother takes care of that. I would still say he is a more complete back than Spiller. He can block alot better, and check out his recieving stats. They outshine Spillers and just about any other RB. Don't get this confused though, I am not saying Quizz should be in the heisman race this year, but if Spiller gets recognition his name should be put in there as well.

the award you are describing is the doak walker. not the heisman.

I do want either Suh or Gerhart to win cuz Gerhart is such a trhow-back, down & dirty back. Hey, this will be the most unpredictable heisman in history

Suh, he tossed Colt like he was a ragged doll and straight destroyed the Texas O-line. And im from texas. Suh straight carried his team.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

You really think Richardson is a drop off from Ingram?
olh4w.jpg

Toby's gotta be taking something, i mean this dude is a freak. too big and moves too easy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ryaneff23

Nope, it should go to Suh. He won't get it and probably won't even get an invite. They should just call it what it is- offensive player of the year award.
QFT and I think Gerhart should be runner up... I really don't think Ingram is as valuable to Alabama as Gerhart is to Stanford... But we allknow how this works, it's the star offensive player on the "best team" in the country
grin.gif
Spiller shouldn't even be in the discussion. He's nice, and had a biggame tonight but you don't win the heisman in one week at the end of the season.

can't believe people are even bringing up spillers name. That's crazy. Like somebody else said, even quizz rogers had a better year than spiller andyou don't hear a damn thing about him.

Rushing yards are tougher to come by in the SEC compared to the Pac-10. SEC defenses as a whole allowed 3.86 ypc, Pac-10 defenses allowed 4.10 ypc.

Ingram's 6.5 ypc in the SEC is more impressive than Gerhart's 5.6 ypc in the Pac-10.

Here is a key stat that I got from Tobyforheisman.com
Alabama went 7-0 in games where Ingram carried the ball LESS than 20 times. That doesn't sound like the impact on a team that a Heisman winner should make.

Alabama won 5 of those games by 28+ pts, I doubt Ingram played the 4th quarter in those blow-outs.

Yes, Alabama would be 12-0 without Ingram. They were damn near 12-0 last year with Glenn Cofee. If Cofee comes back or Richadson is satarting they still beatFlorida and are 12-0. I think when we look back this we'll be one of the weakest Heisman trophy winners.

They both arent doing jack in today's NFL but Toby Gerheart should win it.

toby.jpg

Originally Posted by acidicality

Alabama went 7-0 in games where Ingram carried the ball LESS than 20 times. That doesn't sound like the impact on a team that a Heisman winner should make.
And they're also undefeated in games where Ingram carried the ball MORE than 20 times.

roll.gif
roll.gif

I was waiting for somebody to call that one out. That goes down as the worst stat I've ever heard. Of course they won every game when he didn't carrythe ball 20 times, they went undefeated smart guy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The converse of that stat is that they went 6-0 when he carried the ball over 20 times
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Yes, Alabama would be 12-0 without Ingram. They were damn near 12-0 last year with Glenn Coffee. If Coffee comes back or Richardson is starting they still beat Florida and are 12-0. I think when we look back this we'll be one of the weakest Heisman trophy winners.
Ya, they might beat Florida. But would they have beaten VT 1st game of the year?

Undefeated streak could've been snapped 1st game of the year.

McElroy played like some +%!!. You would've had to depend on a FROSH RB, 1st game of the year, National TV, Huge game vs. VT.

I @%!@ w. T-Rich, think he's gonna do big things in the future, and will be better than Ingram, but lets not act like he was putting up 6 ypc every gameand would've automatically replaced what Ingram did from game 1.

ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom