Today I just have an ominous feeling we're in the beginning of the end of times.

But... the Ten Commandments are in the Old Testament. But people still hold tightly to those.

Soooo...

(and yes, I am absolutely testing your knowledge and ability to speak on your own without rehearsing the same rehearsed things your pastors/youth leaders have rehearsed over the years and told you because the same rehearsed things were rehearsed to them by people who rehearsed what they were told)
Your previous comment on churches thriving on making people afraid is accurate and unfortunate. I very rarely use the word hate but this is a time that I will. There are way to many fraudulent churches out there. Just one of the many tools the devil uses to trick and deceive people.

JESUS on the 10 commandments:

[h3]Matthew 5:17-30[/h3]

[h3]Christ Came to Fulfill the Law[/h3]
[sup]17 [/sup]“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. [sup]18 [/sup]For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. [sup]19 [/sup]Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. [sup]20 [/sup]For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
[h3]Anger[/h3]
[sup]21 [/sup]“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ [sup]22 [/sup]But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother[sup][a][/sup] will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[sup][b][/sup] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell[sup][c][/sup] of fire. [sup]23 [/sup]So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, [sup]24 [/sup]leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. [sup]25 [/sup]Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. [sup]26 [/sup]Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.[sup][d][/sup]
[h3]Lust[/h3]
[sup]27 [/sup]“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ [sup]28 [/sup]But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lu****l intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. [sup]29 [/sup]If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. [sup]30 [/sup]And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Skip to verse 43
[h3]Love Your Enemies[/h3]
[sup]43 [/sup]“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ [sup]44 [/sup]But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, [sup]45 [/sup]so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. [sup]46 [/sup]For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? [sup]47 [/sup]And if you greet only your brothers,[sup][a][/sup] what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? [sup]48 [/sup]You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

[h3]  [/h3][h3]Matthew 22:34-46[/h3]

[h3]The Great Commandment[/h3]
[sup]34 [/sup]But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. [sup]35 [/sup]And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. [sup]36 [/sup]“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” [sup]37 [/sup]And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. [sup]38 [/sup]This is the great and first commandment. [sup]39 [/sup]And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [sup]40 [/sup]On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
[h3]Whose Son Is the Christ?[/h3]
[sup]41 [/sup]Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them a question, [sup]42 [/sup]saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?” They said to him, “The son of David.” [sup]43 [/sup]He said to them, “How is it then that David, in the Spirit, calls him Lord, saying,

[sup]44 [/sup]“‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand,
  until I put your enemies under your feet”’?

[sup]45 [/sup]If then David calls him Lord, how is he his son?” [sup]46 [/sup]And no one was able to answer him a word, nor from that day did anyone dare to ask him any more questions.

Woah Ska!

Am I in the Sports & Training Forum? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Here goes the atheists again, talking smack about religion :smh:

Y'all don't believe...... we get it but there's no reason to talk smack about people who do.

Honestly the same could be said about Christians in general.. but I'm not gonna get involved in this NT religion mess.

Y'all don't believe...... we get it but there's no reason to talk smack about people who do.

Honestly the same could be said about Christians in general.. but I'm not gonna get involved in this NT religion mess.

they are annoying? let people do what they want, plain and simple. im catholic, believe in god. i know people who are atheist and what not, the hell do i care? i dont give a damn what anything does, thinks, or believes in. just do you, no need to talk trash.

But what happens if I don't go to church but I read and get my knowledge on my own from reading the Bible?    Last time I went to church was with my grandma when I was like 12 and I didn't understand anything that they were talking about.  it just went right over my head.    

Also I'm not  in here trying to push my beliefs on people who don't want to hear it.  In the Bible it says not to do this because it's a waste of time.
Being in the building has nothing to do with it.

Your relationship with Jesus is YOURS. It's in your heart. You don't have to be in a building to have that relationship; although being with and worshiping with other believers is what church is about. The CHURCH is all believers together as one, not a building.

You are correct about shoving it down people's throats. People have to be open to hearing the message. That is why I believe a one on one setting is always better because if that person is interested it's just them. You don't have people on an internet forum butting into a calm, civilized discussion with the intent on derailing a thread because they're an atheist or ignorant troll.

That being said I need to sign off for the night. I pray God's hand of protection and provision on all of you.

Last edited:

they are annoying? let people do what they want, plain and simple. im catholic, believe in god. i know people who are atheist and what not, the hell do i care? i dont give a damn what anything does, thinks, or believes in. just do you, no need to talk trash.

I agree completely.. I'm not an Atheist but I just had to point out the Hypocrisy.

You are correct about shoving it down people's throats. People have to be open to hearing the message. That is why I believe a one on one setting is always better because if that person is interested it's just them. You don't have people on an internet forum butting into a calm, civilized discussion with the intent on derailing a thread because they're an atheist or ignorant troll.
So, the millions of Muslims throughout the world just aren't "open" to hearing the message? Does that mean you aren't open to hearing the message of the Qur'an, or does it work differently for you?

I've heard a lot of people make this statement. It then translates to if you don't believe the message, you aren't being open. It's unfair to project yourself onto others.

I never knew NT had strong faith base religious people on their forums. Y'all sure do fool me by some of the treads y'all actively be posting in. Smh I guess ever sinner has a soul.

For y'all atheist I really don't get y'all at all?

Last edited:
GP9R, I'll save you the time.

FrankMatthews, it's the same way a parent loves their child. You want your child to do right, but when they fail to do so, you have to beat their ***... out of love, of course.

Of course, the major flaw here is that 'tough love' is not a requirement, just like fast food isn't a requirement. But screw it, just keep going along with the same wrong thing that's been done for centuries, because... well, just because.

Sure, you can raise wel-mannered kids without ever laying a hand on them... but why try that when so many others are using belts? Just grab a bet and go with the flow.

Tough love for all!

Including us, his creation. He loves us enough to create us, but if we don't stay in line, we're doomed to eternal suffering.

Because he loves us.

Let me just say I'm not trying to argue or offend you or anything, just trying to express some of the thoughts I have about religion.

But your analogy doesn't make sense here, to me. This isn't about doing right or wrong and being punished for it. For one, punishment implies being taught a lesson. Gods punishment is eternal, you get one chance to have faith in him otherwise you are punished forever. It's not even one chance to be a good person, or one chance to do right with your life. It's one chance to accept and praise jesus. You can do all the wrong in the world but if you ultimately accept jesus you are good. You can do all the right in the world and if you ultimately don't accept jesus you are tortured for eternity.

The crux of everything is worship and praise of an "individual". I say all this to highlight my previous point, it is all so human in nature. Why, above all else, must someone worship, praise and acknowledge a single being or follow a religion? Above all the love a person gives, above all the good deeds one does, above every single other act in your existence is placed this egotistical acknowledgement of individual, god, religion, however you want to view it. God doesn't need acknowledgement, he doesn't need praise and worship. That's something humans desire.

If it was all about loving your child and wanting him to do right, then an atheist who lived "right" should be allowed into heaven but he would not qualify. This is a key point here. Punishing a person who lives "right" says to me that the ultimate objective is not to influence everyone to live "right" but that loyalty to god, which manifests as loyalty to the church or religion is paramount to living right. This makes absolutely no sense to me. And then to claim you will be tortured for eternity, not for living wrong, but for not ultimately maintaining loyalty to the religion. The HUMAN power structure at play here is so obvious its laughable.

And above all else, in a world where child molesters and murderers are preaching the word of christ, where my path to salvation is directed by fallible men I am given the ultimate judgement for not "just believing". If god created me and everything in this world, who's fault is it that I am not able to develop an unquestionable faith in something I've never seen?

I don't understand how people who are seemingly intelligent and capable of thinking logically (or at least logically enough to form arguments) can possibly believe in any organized religion. Want to believe in some detached, all powerful creator entity who triggered the Big Bang and then dropped the mic, I might buy that. But how anyone can hold to one specific text when a) so much of what's written in it is patently ridiculous, and b) so many other variations on religious faiths exist around the world. If Christians want to argue against atheists on the basis of faith, that's one thing, but how can a self-respecting Christian tell a Muslim that their holy book is any less valid? Shouldn't your skepticism of their beliefs carry over to yours?

It just seems like arrogance. 

Last edited:
Accept that we're all going to die one day. Once you get this embedded in you psyche, things like "the end of times" or "biblical prophecies being fulfilled" or "doomsday" begin to seem less significant.

Christians: There is a God. And I love Him
Athiest: There is no god. And you're stupid for believing in a made up figure
Christians: Yes there is!
Athiest: No there isnt!
Christians: Is So!
Athiest: Is Not!
Christians: uh huh!
Athiest: Nuh uh!
Christians: Is!
Athiest: Not!
Christians: Yes there IS!
Athiest: No there is NOT!
Christians: But there is a God ( long drawn out explanation of why God exist, with Bible quotes, historical references, personal experiences)
Athiest: Thats crazy because...( long drawn out explanation of why God doesnt exist, with graphs, charts, big bang theory, personal experiences)
Christians: Well whatever
Athiest: Whatever then. you're stupid
Christians: No you're stupid. You're the one that doesnt believe in God
Athiest: You're the one that believes in god.
Christians: I know. That's why you're stupid and Im not.
Athiest: No. That's why you're stupid and Im not.
Christians: Am not!
Athiest: Am so!
Christians: Am not!
Athiest: Am so!

....until the end of time.

We only celebrate Halloween :evil:
I knew someone was going to bring that up, but it shouldn't matter atheist don't believe in a damn thing so I want to know do they celebrate any holidays?
Or are they like Jehovah's Witness and not celebrate a damn thing at all!!

Accept that we're all going to die one day. Once you get this embedded in you psyche, things like "the end of times" or "biblical prophecies being fulfilled" or "doomsday" begin to seem less significant.
I do accept that we're going to die, but at the same time LIFE and CIVILIZATION as we know it coming to an end are separate from that fact.

Imagine a radical shift in the way we communicate, law, commerce, agriculture, energy, technology, social interaction....a radical **** in these elements would cause mass hysteria.

I knew someone was going to bring that up, but it shouldn't matter atheist don't believe in a damn thing so I want to know do they celebrate any holidays?
Or are they like Jehovah's Witness and not celebrate a damn thing at all!!

Considering that only a fraction of holidays are based on religion, it's easy to come to the conclusion that atheists do indeed celebrate holidays.

Ska, if my memory serves me correct you used to be very religious. I think you even attended a bible college or something along those lines. Am I mistaken? My mind is seriously 
eek.gif
 by reading your comments. 

If I am reading into everything correctly, what made you change your mind? I hope that is appropriate to ask... and if not I apologize. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom