Today I just have an ominous feeling we're in the beginning of the end of times.

Before it all hits the fan, gov't will turn on all religion..once you start seeing that happening worldwide, remember this.. thats when the end will be here..dead serious,..

Christians: There is a God. And I love Him
Athiest: There is no god. And you're stupid for believing in a made up figure
Christians: Yes there is!
Athiest: No there isnt!
Christians: Is So!
Athiest: Is Not!
Christians: uh huh!
Athiest: Nuh uh!
Christians: Is!
Athiest: Not!
Christians: Yes there IS!
Athiest: No there is NOT!
Christians: But there is a God ( long drawn out explanation of why God exist, with Bible quotes, historical references, personal experiences)
Athiest: Thats crazy because...( long drawn out explanation of why God doesnt exist, with graphs, charts, big bang theory, personal experiences)
Christians: Well whatever
Athiest: Whatever then. you're stupid
Christians: No you're stupid. You're the one that doesnt believe in God
Athiest: You're the one that believes in god.
Christians: I know. That's why you're stupid and Im not.
Athiest: No. That's why you're stupid and Im not.
Christians: Am not!
Athiest: Am so!
Christians: Am not!
Athiest: Am so!

....until the end of time.
You summed it up perfectly.

I do accept that we're going to die, but at the same time LIFE and CIVILIZATION as we know it coming to an end are separate from that fact.

Imagine a radical shift in the way we communicate, law, commerce, agriculture, energy, technology, social interaction....a radical **** in these elements would cause mass hysteria.

I would welcome a radical shift. I've always wondered why people interpret the times changing as a negative thing. Look at the world today. It could definitely use a revamp cl

The world isn't perfect. These things always happen, no way to prevent natural disasters or psychopath's killing people. The world is not ending lol

Ska, if my memory serves me correct you used to be very religious. I think you even attended a bible college or something along those lines. Am I mistaken? My mind is seriously 
eek.gif

by reading your comments. 

If I am reading into everything correctly, what made you change your mind? I hope that is appropriate to ask... and if not I apologize. 

lol silly putty must have got to him.

I would welcome a radical shift. I've always wondered why people interpret the times changing as a negative thing. Look at the world today. It could definitely use a revamp cl
But I think it's gonna get really bad before it gets really good. Like 30-50 years of HARDCORE BAD ...I'm talking getting blown away over a rusty can of ravioli and 24 pack of crayons with 6 in them Book Of Eli/Waterworld style.

Out running laser shooting Twitter drones on a mission for a loaf of bread, Google Bots retrofitted with 50 cals blowing you and your loved ones of the expressway of abandoned cars.

Some anti-depressant that turned half the world's population into a diseased deranged psychos ...every man for himself Wesley Snipes Demolition Man type dude overrun the white house.

Just a website I visit frequently that reports and matches with the Bible scriptures of THE END TIMES. 

Yes, I believe it. I can feel it. My body is ready.  Am I scared of the END TIMES? No, I am not scare because I know I am well taken care of by my spiritual belief. My spirit is just that high to not be scared. All is in the hands of God. And under him, who can be against me. 

http://propheciesoftheendtimes.com/

Great site for those who seek more relations. GREAT sites for those who HAVE OPEN MINDS and dont mind venturing out of their comfort zone of thoughts. Sometimes the best remedy for understanding people, is to simply, open your mind and put yourself in every position possible. You dont gotta believe it, but understand, there is something much more larger and Godly in the universe, created by God. 

"Your arms too short to box with God." - Nasir jones 

Google (a.k.a.Skynet), school shootings, hate crimes, Sandy, the tornadoes I know it's nothing new. But for some reason it feels different. Like stuff is gonna get really weird and then REALLY bad.

I believe within the next 5 years life and civilization as we know it will drastically come to an end.
This is the most peacefully era in human history though

Ska, if my memory serves me correct you used to be very religious. I think you even attended a bible college or something along those lines. Am I mistaken? My mind is seriously 
eek.gif

by reading your comments. 

If I am reading into everything correctly, what made you change your mind? I hope that is appropriate to ask... and if not I apologize. 

I may be wrong but it doesn't look like he left his beliefs. I hope he hasn't.

Do y'all not know how effed up World War II was? 60 Million people died

Effed up things have always happened and will continue to happen

1. God has said in Bible prophecy that natural disasters would grow in frequency and intensity as the end of the age approaches—to shake people out of their complacency and lead them to seek Him (Matthew 24:7
; Luke 21:25-26

; Revelation 6:12
; Revelation 11:13
; Revelation 16:18
).

2. In His design for the world, God allows many events to run their course according to "time and chance" (Ecclesiastes 9:11
), so that many tragedies are, for those affected, accidental and unforeseeable.

3. Those who die in accidents or natural disasters are not necessarily greater sinners than those who survive (Luke 13:1-5

).

4. Personal tragedies or calamities are not necessarily the result of one's sins (John 9:2-3

).

5. Natural disasters or accidents should humble us, helping us to see our dependence on God to sustain and deliver us (Revelation 16:8-11

).

6. Natural disasters have sometimes been the direct judgment of God on a rebellious humanity (Genesis 6:6-7

; Genesis 11-13; Genesis 17; Genesis 18:20
; Genesis 19:24-25

).

7. Some natural disasters are made worse by man's poor judgments (Proverbs 14:12
) and age-long rejection of God and His laws, resulting in worsening environmental and climatic conditions.

8. God is a truly loving God who is working out a great plan for all humanity (John 3:16
; 2 Peter 3:9
; 1 Timothy 2:4
; 1 Corinthians 15:22-24

).

9. Converted Christians who die in natural disasters will be resurrected to immortality in the first resurrection at the return of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:51-52

; 1 Thessalonians 4:16
; Revelation 20:4-6

).

10. Non-Christians who die in natural disasters, those who never had a genuine understanding of God or real opportunity for eternal salvation, will be raised in the second or general resurrection to live again in the flesh with their first real opportunity to learn God's way, repent and be saved (John 5:28-29

; Matthew 12:41-42

; Revelation 20:5
).

11. The multitudes of humanity who are raised in the second or general resurrection will experience joyful and abundant life under the rule of the Kingdom of God (Ezekiel 37:12-14

).

12. The sufferings experienced now in "this present evil age" (Galatians 1:4
)—this era of man's self-rule under the influence of Satan the devil—are writing a lesson of experience about what it means to live in a world cut off from God and His ways.

13. We don't know all the reasons God brings or permits specific calamities or why particular people are made to suffer by them, but we should trust that in God's omniscience and ultimate wisdom He knows how to work out what is best for everyone in the end (Romans 8:28
).

14. Jesus Christ will eventually return to usher in the rule of the Kingdom of God (Revelation 11:15
; Daniel 7:14
), under which natural disasters will no longer plague mankind.

15. When all humanity is at last glorified, there will be no more pain, suffering or sorrow (Revelation 21:4
).

16. All the sufferings of this brief present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory we will ultimately experience for all eternity to come (Romans 8:18
; 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

).

http://www.ucg.org/news-and-prophecy/natural-disasters-biblical-perspective/

Churches teach you to be afraid?

You couldn't be any more wrong.

The only fear you should have in you is the fear of God. When you truly fear God then He can pour out His Spirit on you. 

It's a shame you have such a warped view of Christianity and what Jesus is all about. Like I said before, if people are not living their lives according to the teachings of Jesus then they're fake Christians. It's a shame that there are so many out there.

As Christians we are called to go out into the places of the world where others won't go. Your thing about the tree is completely backwards.

If you are referring to the garden of Eden then you're still wrong.

This^ and I would rep but I'm all out.

I wish I still had some reps.

Arguing with non believers online turns from debate, to defending your beliefs that you hold dear and your faith that you put your life on against endless bashing.

I don't want any parts of it. Because a lot of people who jump into the debates aren't there for a debate. They're there to slip in their two slick jabs to try to get a rise out of someone.

This is the most peacefully era in human history though

You can't be serious.

Have you seen how war itself has advanced? Never in history has man been capable of what it is now.

The advanced weaponry keeps people in check. Dude, think about WWII. I believe some already said it in this thread, but 60 million people died in 6 years. Nothing today even comes close to that. Not gun violence, war, or whathaveyou.

Last edited:
1. God has said in Bible prophecy that natural disasters would grow in frequency and intensity as the end of the age approaches—to shake people out of their complacency and lead them to seek Him (Matthew 24:7
; Luke 21:25-26

; Revelation 6:12
; Revelation 11:13
; Revelation 16:18
).

2. In His design for the world, God allows many events to run their course according to "time and chance" (Ecclesiastes 9:11
), so that many tragedies are, for those affected, accidental and unforeseeable.

3. Those who die in accidents or natural disasters are not necessarily greater sinners than those who survive (Luke 13:1-5

).

4. Personal tragedies or calamities are not necessarily the result of one's sins (John 9:2-3

).

5. Natural disasters or accidents should humble us, helping us to see our dependence on God to sustain and deliver us (Revelation 16:8-11

).

6. Natural disasters have sometimes been the direct judgment of God on a rebellious humanity (Genesis 6:6-7

; Genesis 11-13; Genesis 17; Genesis 18:20
; Genesis 19:24-25

).

7. Some natural disasters are made worse by man's poor judgments (Proverbs 14:12
) and age-long rejection of God and His laws, resulting in worsening environmental and climatic conditions.

8. God is a truly loving God who is working out a great plan for all humanity (John 3:16
; 2 Peter 3:9
; 1 Corinthians 15:22-24

).

9. Converted Christians who die in natural disasters will be resurrected to immortality in the first resurrection at the return of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:51-52

; 1 Thessalonians 4:16
; Revelation 20:4-6

).

10. Non-Christians who die in natural disasters, those who never had a genuine understanding of God or real opportunity for eternal salvation, will be raised in the second or general resurrection to live again in the flesh with their first real opportunity to learn God's way, repent and be saved (John 5:28-29

; Matthew 12:41-42

; Revelation 20:5
).

11. The multitudes of humanity who are raised in the second or general resurrection will experience joyful and abundant life under the rule of the Kingdom of God (Ezekiel 37:12-14

).

12. The sufferings experienced now in "this present evil age" (Galatians 1:4
)—this era of man's self-rule under the influence of Satan the devil—are writing a lesson of experience about what it means to live in a world cut off from God and His ways.

13. We don't know all the reasons God brings or permits specific calamities or why particular people are made to suffer by them, but we should trust that in God's omniscience and ultimate wisdom He knows how to work out what is best for everyone in the end (Romans 8:28
).

14. Jesus Christ will eventually return to usher in the rule of the Kingdom of God (Revelation 11:15
; Daniel 7:14
), under which natural disasters will no longer plague mankind.

15. When all humanity is at last glorified, there will be no more pain, suffering or sorrow (Revelation 21:4
).

16. All the sufferings of this brief present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory we will ultimately experience for all eternity to come (Romans 8:18
; 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

).

http://www.ucg.org/news-and-prophecy/natural-disasters-biblical-perspective/

Churches teach you to be afraid?

You couldn't be any more wrong.

The only fear you should have in you is the fear of God. When you truly fear God then He can pour out His Spirit on you. 

It's a shame you have such a warped view of Christianity and what Jesus is all about. Like I said before, if people are not living their lives according to the teachings of Jesus then they're fake Christians. It's a shame that there are so many out there.

As Christians we are called to go out into the places of the world where others won't go. Your thing about the tree is completely backwards.

If you are referring to the garden of Eden then you're still wrong.

This^ and I would rep but I'm all out.

I wish I still had some reps.

Arguing with non believers online turns from debate, to defending your beliefs that you hold dear and your faith that you put your life on against endless bashing.

I don't want any parts of it. Because a lot of people who jump into the debates aren't there for a debate. They're there to slip in their two slick jabs to try to get a rise out of someone.

Yep then they say believers are trying to push stuff onto them.

Ska, if my memory serves me correct you used to be very religious.
Yes.
I think you even attended a bible college or something along those lines. Am I mistaken?
No, you're not mistaken. Yes, I graduated from a Christian university w/ a BA in Advanced Biblical Studies (and moved on to grab a BS in Counseling Psychology).
You're fine.

What made me change my mind? My mind didn't change, anymore than my son 'changed' from a newborn to a toddler. He didn't 'change'; he grew, he was transformed, he... advanced.

What I was enlightened to was the very critical fallacies in not only Christianity, but the APPLICATION (key word) of nearly all organized religions.

That last sentence was pretty loaded, so I'll just leave that there.

Yep then they say believers are trying to push stuff onto them.
Well that's because they do.

What you do in your mind or your home is up to you; what I do in my mind and my home is up to me.

Right?

"I believe (insert belief here), and as such, in my house, we (insert practice here)."

That's not pushing your belief on anyone.

"I believe (insert belief here), and as such, in my house, we (insert practice here), and everyone else needs to do the same."

THAT'S... pushing your beliefs on someone else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom