Tom Brady is the Greatest Athlete of All-Time

I think someone else posted it in this thread but the gap between Serena and the second best women's tennis player is the largest in any sport between the best and second best players.
Wayne Gretzky also has a huge gap over the second best hockey player.
With Brady, at least there's a debate. There is no debate with Williams and Gretzky
Agreed. Plus she has outlasted all of her peers. How's Martina Hingis doing these days?

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're trolling or you're very young.

1. Look at Tom Brady stat line in Super Bowl 53, fortunately for him his defense only came up three points

2. Kobe (my all-time favorite athlete) shot 6 for 24 in game 7 of the 2010 finals. Look at Kobe's entire finals series against the Pistons in 2004, he played awful

3. Magic Johnson choked so badly in the 1984 finals that people called him "Tragic" Johnson for an entire year after that.

4. Peyton Manning won MVP in 2013, through 55 touchdown passes and got blown out by 35 in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks, The broncos only scored eight points that game.

I can do this all day but it's obvious you don't really know that much about sports history, recent or into the past lol

Eh I still think LeBron was a little worse. No one expected that. Completely checked out against a team they were better than. Tom still got the win Kobe game 7 still got the win and hit a clutch shot plus went to work on boards. 04 eventful year he shot too much but that wasn't exactly shocking for young Kobe. Magic still went 7 games to the last minutes despite crucial mistakes. Peyton already had his playoff reputation and Seattle defense was all time.

I think someone else posted it in this thread but the gap between Serena and the second best women's tennis player is the largest in any sport between the best and second best players.
Wayne Gretzky also has a huge gap over the second best hockey player.
With Brady, at least there's a debate. There is no debate with Williams and Gretzky
I’m not arguing with the debate made by OP, I’m obviously a Thomas fan but I think there’s a difference between team sports and individual sports but to your point about gaps the gap between Tom and other QBs are just as huge as Serena’s and Gretzky‘s. Nobody in the league is close to him, especially now.

Tom Brady isn't even the greatest athlete in the sport of football. Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders are ahead of him

Tom Brady isn't even the greatest athlete in the sport of football. Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders are ahead of him
Yes he is? Are people getting athlete and athletic confused? You can be the greatest athlete but not be Athletic as others. He’s the winningest quarterback at the hardest position.

If your point is to list the most physically gifted athletes of all time, not the best, then Bo and Deion arent the only ones ahead of him. There are literally thousands of NFL players who are more athletic than Tom. Doesnt mean they are the greatest.

All things being equal Thomas's political views and affiliations put him over the top for me. You have to have a greater impact outside of sport and his impact is second only to Muhammad Ali and Jessie Owens.

All things being equal Thomas's political views and affiliations put him over the top for me. You have to have a greater impact outside of sport and his impact is second only to Muhammad Ali and Jessie Owens.

LOL. I know this is part of your shtick on NT, but no one has any idea where Brady stands politically. He is friends with Donald Trump. Thats it.

That's all one needs to know.

Is it though? You havent ever had a long standing friendship with someone who turned out to be a POS, and since that happened you distanced yourself from him? If not, congrats. But thats a normal part of life.

Is it though? You havent ever had a long standing friendship with someone who turned out to be a POS, and since that happened you distanced yourself from him? If not, congrats. But thats a normal part of life.

He had the MAGA hat in his locker. It's not a situation where they were friends a decade ago and Trump turned out to be a POS. He's a supporter of the movement, otherwise why would he have the hat

Yes, I am very aware of the hat in his locker. Tom came out and said that Trump sent it to Kraft for him, and it ended up there. You are also dead wrong about them not being friends a deade ago. It was well documented that they had been friends since they met in 2002.

Try to find one quote that says he backs Trump politically or that he voted for him. You wont be able to. In fact, there is a direct quote saying that he is supporting his friend, not his political beliefs.

What we do know:

-Brady declined to speak at a RNC when Trump requested it
-Brady has never said who he voted for
-Brady declined visiting the White House in 2017
-Brady dodges every political question he has been asked since 2016
-Brady's sister had a Biden sign in her front yard (she lives in my neighborhood)
-Gisele has publicly stated she didnt vote for Trump

None of those bullet points definitively prove Brady ISNT a Trump supporter. But they sure are a lot more convincing than "he had a MAGA hat in his locker" (which he never said was in there because "its because I support his campaign")

Yes, I am very aware of the hat in his locker. Tom came out and said that Trump sent it to Kraft for him, and it ended up there. You are also dead wrong about them not being friends a deade ago. It was well documented that they had been friends since they met in 2002.

Try to find one quote that says he backs Trump politically or that he voted for him. You wont be able to. In fact, there is a direct quote saying that he is supporting his friend, not his political beliefs.

What we do know:

-Brady declined to speak at a RNC when Trump requested it
-Brady has never said who he voted for
-Brady declined visiting the White House in 2017
-Brady dodges every political question he has been asked since 2016
-Brady's sister had a Biden sign in her front yard (she lives in my neighborhood)
-Gisele has publicly stated she didnt vote for Trump

None of those bullet points definitively prove Brady ISNT a Trump supporter. But they sure are a lot more convincing than "he had a MAGA hat in his locker" (which he never said was in there because "its because I support his campaign")

He supports our President Emeritus. Nuff said.

no, he's not

not close

greatest QB

When I think of being the best player in the history of a sport, I think of athletes who can do more than one thing and play more than one position. Tom is the best and most accomplished NFL QB but I wouldn't consider him the best all-around player. He couldn't play any other position on the field.

It makes more sense to make a generalization about being the best player in basketball because all basketball players do the same things. Every basketball player shoots, passes plays defense,etc.

Every position in the NFL is so different from one another that it's impossible to make a statement like "Tom Brady's the best football player ever". He doesn't run routes, he doesn't block, he doesn't tackle, he literally doesn't play half of the game.

When I think of being the best player in the history of a sport, I think of athletes who can do more than one thing and play more than one position. Tom is the best and most accomplished NFL QB but I wouldn't consider him the best all-around player. He couldn't play any other position on the field.

It makes more sense to make a generalization about being the best player in basketball because all basketball players do the same things. Every basketball player shoots, passes plays defense,etc.

Every position in the NFL is so different from one another that it's impossible to make a statement like "Tom Brady's the best football player ever". He doesn't run routes, he doesn't block, he doesn't tackle, he literally doesn't play half of the game.

the best analogy i got.. i consider lebron a better athlete than jordan.. but jordan is the greater basketball player (and he also was obviously great athlete.. but lebron is one of the greatest athletes ever put on this earth)

phelps is the greatest swimmer of all time, easily.. but i'd consider caeleb dressel a better athlete

jerry rice is a great WR and one of the greatest NFL players ever.. TO and randy, in my view are greater athletes

it's that marriage between skill and athleticism.. brady aint never had the strongest arm or been anywhere near the fastest or mobile, but he is very skilled at the position

"Athlete' needs defining. Greatest athlete is probably a gymnast or something :lol:

Most successful professional athlete? Yeah he's right up there.

athleticism starts with the mind first.. minorities are conditioned to be laborers in America

Back
Top Bottom