TomTom or Garmin???

Garmin man.

I can't tell you how many Tom Tom's we got returned, when I worked in Electronics.

Plus, they use Garmins to navigate commercial planes, from what I've read. (If you think that's relevant/Helpful)

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by RFX45

I used to own a TomTOm and hated it.
If I had to pick between the two again, I would go with Garmin.
I purchased a Magellan during BF though but have not used it yet, will probably use it as a gift instead.

Magellan is the worst, at least based on my experience. Had one and it would seriously take 3-4 minutes to locate itself, 1-2 minutes to recalculate the route if I missed the turn, an then it just stopped working altogether after a while.
smh.gif

A gift it will be then.
happy.gif

anyone could recommend a really good garmin model...i'm gonna cop that for my brother and i was looking at the nuvi 700 series. any suggestions?

I have a Tom Tom xls or whatever and I hate it. Garmin imo, are more user friendly

Can somebody explain on the MSN Direct and FM Traffic works?

Is it a subscription service?

EDIT----When I compare the systems on the Garmin website, it says that one of the units comes with lifetime traffic and receiver included. I don't knowwhat that means but I thought if I added it somebody would explain it to me.

I have a SONY that I copped at Best Buy on sale for $80.. Bought it almost a year ago, I have no complaints...

I would buy something affordable but that works well. I don't think you have to go all out and buy one with all these extra features.. Half the people withthese don't even know how to fully use it... Just my two cents..

Originally Posted by Jordman23

I have a SONY that I copped at Best Buy on sale for $80.. Bought it almost a year ago, I have no complaints...

I would buy something affordable but that works well. I don't think you have to go all out and buy one with all these extra features.. Half the people with these don't even know how to fully use it... Just my two cents..

Yeah true but one of these sites has one that is regularly $250 for $140.

Back
Top Bottom