Tony Parker is slowly building himself a Hall of Fame Career (yeah i said it ).

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Multiple All star? ..i dont think he's been in there more than twice ..correct me if im wrong..

If he leads them to a couple of more championships, MVPs (season and finals), individual achievements.. i dont see why not..

He's definitely a baller tho.. once Manu gets back..watch out!
I don't think all-star selections should have anything to do HOF status, it's a popularity contest now anyways.

He's a PG. In order to be a HOF'er he'd have to be outstanding among the PG's in his era.
Numberwise, he just doesn't get it. He'd have to have a ton more assists to be a HOF type PG in my book. He's 67th in career APG avg.

Basketball-reference.com is a great website. It has a HOF probability indicator that takes into account a massive statistacal equation. They rate his HOFprobability at just 38% at this point.
He's definately a clutch player, but overall his numbers just don't cut it.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

so he scores 50 and the HOF threads start coming?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Seriously. I wish I was here to see the Tony Delk HOF posts.

because tony delk had a full resume like that,
eyes.gif
He's saying it cause Delk dropped 50. The sarcasm meter must be malfunctioning.

that's not the only thing malfunctioning. you obviously arent so great at detecting yourself.

downtown: tony doesnt deserve it just because he dropped 50.

barbone: i agree, insert tony delk related material.

clutch: tony delk's career cant see tony parker's career.

if that's not clear enough for you. i dont know what would be.

Has a chance? Yall are sleeping on TP...

Tony has been been consistent throughout the run for the Spurs.

He's going to the Hall of Fame, you find me a player who has won Finals MVP and has as many rings as he does (THAT HE ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTED TO). He'snot a first ballot, definitely not yet, but he's going into the HoF.

EDIT: And this is coming from a rival fan.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

so he scores 50 and the HOF threads start coming?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Seriously. I wish I was here to see the Tony Delk HOF posts.

because tony delk had a full resume like that,
eyes.gif
He's saying it cause Delk dropped 50. The sarcasm meter must be malfunctioning.

that's not the only thing malfunctioning. you obviously arent so great at detecting yourself.

downtown: tony doesnt deserve it just because he dropped 50.

barbone: i agree, insert tony delk related material.

clutch: tony delk's career cant see tony parker's career.

if that's not clear enough for you. i dont know what would be.
my bad if I interpreted your defending of parker by taking offense to the delk comment. OBVIOUSLY Delk isn't on the same stratosphere asParker, so why entertain that comment in the first place? Hence, the lack of seeing the sarcasm.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Doesn't seem like he's still only 26, does it?

he's gota chance..
youre kidding right??

that's why we need the age limit, he's been in the league for like 8 years.

well we see what he does when Tim Duncan retire. He is just a good second tier pg to me. top 10 at most. That is alot of respect from me.

^ i remember when i first saw him playing i was like 'damn that dude looks young, but he's fast as hell'.

pimp.gif

I hate how people say he's overrated. I don't know how they come to that conclusion?

He gets into the paint as easy as AI.. he can finish in the paint, he's super quick, he can pass (although not his strongest point) and he's a humblecharacter.

He may not be on the same level as Deron, Nash, CP3 etc.. but I guarantee you at any given time, he can play on the same level as them, if not better.

Dude already has the rings, if he continues to put up numbers, I don't see why not.

i still remember when he first came into the league and pop would get on his case constantly.

he's grown to be an amazing, amazing player.

that jumpshot is becoming deadly, i remember when he could not shoot worth @!*@!

Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Jason Kidd
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
TJ Ford
Jose Calderon
Andre Miller
Brandon Roy (if u consider him a PG)
Jamaal Tinsley
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose...yea i said it
i have more id even rather be my PG than these but ima keep it conservative
laugh.gif

...all better PGs than Tony Parker. He's one of the better scoring PGs in the league by far, but as far as his skills being transferable at the PGposition which is the only position he can play..nahhhhh he wouldn't look nearly this good around diff teams in the league. He doesn't really see thefloor well and he's not a good defender despite whatever columnist came up with that rediculous stat saying he was 1st team all NBA defense based on pointsscored when he was on the floor
laugh.gif
He can set other people up, butliterally ONLY off his driving which isnt a negative, but he wouldn't be able to do that as much in a diff system. Tim Duncan made like 50% of thisman's career. Dude can score at will on the Spurs though, but there's much more to the game than just scoring

Originally Posted by JCH3

Multiple All star? ..i dont think he's been in there more than twice ..correct me if im wrong..

If he leads them to a couple of more championships, MVPs (season and finals), individual achievements.. i dont see why not..

I don't think all-star selections should have anything to do HOF status, it's a popularity contest now anyways.

I'm referring to the OP ..

I'm not saying the fact that he needs to have multiple all-star appearance to be in the HOF.. ugghh

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Jason Kidd
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
TJ Ford
Jose Calderon
Andre Miller
Brandon Roy (if u consider him a PG)
Jamaal Tinsley
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose...yea i said it
i have more id even rather be my PG than these but ima keep it conservative
laugh.gif

...all better PGs than Tony Parker. He's one of the better scoring PGs in the league by far, but as far as his skills being transferable at the PG position which is the only position he can play..nahhhhh he wouldn't look nearly this good around diff teams in the league. He doesn't really see the floor well and he's not a good defender despite whatever columnist came up with that rediculous stat saying he was 1st team all NBA defense based on points scored when he was on the floor
laugh.gif
He can set other people up, but literally ONLY off his driving which isnt a negative, but he wouldn't be able to do that as much in a diff system. Tim Duncan made like 50% of this man's career. Dude can score at will on the Spurs though, but there's much more to the game than just scoring

laugh.gif
I don't think you know anything about basketball.

Originally Posted by JCH3

I'm referring to the OP ..

I'm not saying the fact that he needs to have multiple all-star appearance to be in the HOF.. ugghh
I apologize there, I misinterpreted the point. My bad.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Has a chance? Yall are sleeping on TP...

Tony has been been consistent throughout the run for the Spurs.

He's going to the Hall of Fame, you find me a player who has won Finals MVP and has as many rings as he does (THAT HE ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTED TO). He's not a first ballot, definitely not yet, but he's going into the HoF.
I dont like the dude but i agree w/ this statement 100%

he's got a great chance definitely, I think he'll probably make it before it's all said and done

his game is highly underrated

Back
Top Bottom