Tony Parker is slowly building himself a Hall of Fame Career (yeah i said it ).

tony delk didn't win 3 rings and have a finals MVP.

regardless, i don't think he's HOF material yet.
But he's only in his mid 20s.
he'll make it.

Nobody in the league can stay in front of this guy.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Jason Kidd
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
TJ Ford
Jose Calderon
Andre Miller
Brandon Roy (if u consider him a PG)
Jamaal Tinsley
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose...yea i said it
i have more id even rather be my PG than these but ima keep it conservative
laugh.gif

...all better PGs than Tony Parker. He's one of the better scoring PGs in the league by far, but as far as his skills being transferable at the PG position which is the only position he can play..nahhhhh he wouldn't look nearly this good around diff teams in the league. He doesn't really see the floor well and he's not a good defender despite whatever columnist came up with that rediculous stat saying he was 1st team all NBA defense based on points scored when he was on the floor
laugh.gif
He can set other people up, but literally ONLY off his driving which isnt a negative, but he wouldn't be able to do that as much in a diff system. Tim Duncan made like 50% of this man's career. Dude can score at will on the Spurs though, but there's much more to the game than just scoring

indifferent.gif
Please exit the sports forum

Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Jason Kidd
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
TJ Ford
Jose Calderon
Andre Miller
Jamaal Tinsley
Gilbert Arenas
laugh.gif

...all better PGs than Tony Parker.
I would take Tony P. over all these guys except Chris Paul. And I do believe he will make it to the Hall.

Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Jason Kidd
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
TJ Ford
Jose Calderon
Andre Miller
Jamaal Tinsley
Gilbert Arenas
laugh.gif

...all better PGs than Tony Parker. He's one of the better scoring PGs in the league by far, but as far as his skills being transferable at the PG position which is the only position he can play..nahhhhh he wouldn't look nearly this good around diff teams in the league. He doesn't really see the floor well and he's not a good defender despite whatever columnist came up with that rediculous stat saying he was 1st team all NBA defense based on points scored when he was on the floor
laugh.gif
He can set other people up, but literally ONLY off his driving which isnt a negative, but he wouldn't be able to do that as much in a diff system. Tim Duncan made like 50% of this man's career. Dude can score at will on the Spurs though, but there's much more to the game than just scoring

This might honestly be the dumbest #*%% I've ever read in S&T... and I've seen a ton of dumb #*%%.

If you truly believe that all of those guys are better than Tony Parker...
smh.gif

laugh.gif
yall take it for what yall want. about half of that list is likehands down no brainers. The other half is personal preference b/c I prefer the traditional POINT GUARD and for therecord i said they were better in POINT GUARDING. Being a POINT GUARD is notjust scoring or driving and drawing defenses and dumping off to a big man. You have to control a team's flow, ball movement, make good decisions and ahost of other things. TPs only decision is drive and if its way too clogged dump off to TD. Most of the time he can go with option 1 b/c he's so quickand it never matters. Pay attention to his decision making skills when he has to though. He misses open players in transition. It's not exposed in thehalf court b/c he's not even really controlling the offense.

Not that it justifies me more than any next man, but I'm sure I watch like 10x as much basketball as the majority of you dudes, so I aint really trippin onyalls opinions cuz thats all it is at the end of the day. opinion. and again I fully stand behind my statement that those guys are better at playing thePOINT GUARD position than Tony Parker

and its cool if somebody doesn't agree with everyone on that list, but whoever said they'd take Tony Parker over all of those POINT GUARDS other than Chris Paul needs a severe backhand. That is outrageous. matter fact, TMAC is a better POINT GUARD than Tony Parker
laugh.gif

Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Jason Kidd
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
TJ Ford
Jose Calderon
Andre Miller

Jamaal Tinsley
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose...
yea i said it
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

LOL

laugh.gif
yall take it for what yall want. about half of that list is like hands down no brainers. The other half is personal preference b/c I prefer the traditional POINT GUARD and for the record i said they were better in POINT GUARDING. Being a POINT GUARD is not just scoring or driving and drawing defenses and dumping off to a big man. You have to control a team's flow, ball movement, make good decisions and a host of other things. TPs only decision is drive and if its way too clogged dump off to TD. Most of the time he can go with option 1 b/c he's so quick and it never matters. Pay attention to his decision making skills when he has to though. He misses open players in transition. It's not exposed in the half court b/c he's not even really controlling the offense.

Not that it justifies me more than any next man, but I'm sure I watch like 10x as much basketball as the majority of you dudes, so I aint really trippin on yalls opinions cuz thats all it is at the end of the day. opinion. and again I fully stand behind my statement that those guys are better at playing the POINT GUARD position than Tony Parker

and its cool if somebody doesn't agree with everyone on that list, but whoever said they'd take Tony Parker over all of those POINT GUARDS other than Chris Paul needs a severe backhand. That is outrageous. matter fact, TMAC is a better POINT GUARD than Tony Parker
laugh.gif

Once again
indifferent.gif
. You just explained what you think a"POINT GUARD" is and what they do and you watch basketball 10X more than anyone on here and etc etc etc.With that said,You HONESTLYthink Gilbert is a better "POINT GUARD" than TP????? Once again,EXIT THE SPORTS FORUM PLEASE

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

so he scores 50 and the HOF threads start coming?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Seriously. I wish I was here to see the Tony Delk HOF posts.
roll.gif
but seriously.....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tony parker? HOF?!?
roll.gif

laugh.gif
yall take it for what yall want. about half of that list is like hands down no brainers. The other half is personal preference b/c I prefer the traditional POINT GUARD and for the record i said they were better in POINT GUARDING. Being a POINT GUARD is not just scoring or driving and drawing defenses and dumping off to a big man. You have to control a team's flow, ball movement, make good decisions and a host of other things. TPs only decision is drive and if its way too clogged dump off to TD. Most of the time he can go with option 1 b/c he's so quick and it never matters. Pay attention to his decision making skills when he has to though. He misses open players in transition. It's not exposed in the half court b/c he's not even really controlling the offense.

Not that it justifies me more than any next man, but I'm sure I watch like 10x as much basketball as the majority of you dudes, so I aint really trippin on yalls opinions cuz thats all it is at the end of the day. opinion. and again I fully stand behind my statement that those guys are better at playing the POINT GUARD position than Tony Parker

laugh.gif

What does it matter if they're better "point guards" or not (and more than half of those are not better), TP is still the superior player.

I think he is fantastic. He always surprises me because I just never watch a Sprus game expecting him to go off and sure enough, he does things to help themwin.

Originally Posted by Djoker33

I agree, i believe he could score alot more if he wanted to, but he does exactly what the team needs him to....and i believe duncan is a big part of his sucess but i dont think duncan is the one breaking ankles and making the opposition miss on blocks. You gotta respect his game. And im not even a Parker fan

LOL we got dudes claiming tinsley (who hasn't played in a year) and ford (who wishes he had half the offensive prowess tp has) and calderon are better thanTP
laugh.gif

Between these 3 is a grand total of zero allstar appearances, all NBA nods, and hardly any sucess in the post season. Y'all crack me up
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom