Tony Parker is slowly building himself a Hall of Fame Career (yeah i said it ).

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

laugh.gif
yall take it for what yall want. about half of that list is like hands down no brainers. The other half is personal preference b/c I prefer the traditional POINT GUARD and for the record i said they were better in POINT GUARDING. Being a POINT GUARD is not just scoring or driving and drawing defenses and dumping off to a big man. You have to control a team's flow, ball movement, make good decisions and a host of other things. TPs only decision is drive and if its way too clogged dump off to TD. Most of the time he can go with option 1 b/c he's so quick and it never matters. Pay attention to his decision making skills when he has to though. He misses open players in transition. It's not exposed in the half court b/c he's not even really controlling the offense.

Not that it justifies me more than any next man, but I'm sure I watch like 10x as much basketball as the majority of you dudes, so I aint really trippin on yalls opinions cuz thats all it is at the end of the day. opinion. and again I fully stand behind my statement that those guys are better at playing the POINT GUARD position than Tony Parker

and its cool if somebody doesn't agree with everyone on that list, but whoever said they'd take Tony Parker over all of those POINT GUARDS other than Chris Paul needs a severe backhand. That is outrageous. matter fact, TMAC is a better POINT GUARD than Tony Parker
laugh.gif

What does it matter if they're better "point guards" or not (and more than half of those are not better), TP is still the superior player.
it matters cuz u got cats arguin over me saying whos better at the PG position. and I'm in here reading the rest of these comments, and I gotsome pretty weak refutations. People talkin bout this man's hardware like he was the sole reason for it. If I sat here and listed all the players thatdon't have nearly the hardware Parker ALREADY has there are HOFers that he will never be as good as. He will never be half the player of Jason Kidd, GaryPayton, John Stockton, I'll save it. And to dude up above who shunned me on Gilbert Arenas being a better PG than Tony Parker. Hibachi is merely injuryhaggled. I mean cmon yall act like I'm naming a bunch of bums. It's like people only look at accolades and only pay attention to people who are inthe spotlight.

Do yallselves a favor and cop NBA League pass. Watch some of these dudes who ball and have been balling on wack %#! teams and don't get any national TVairplay.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Dropping a double nickel in one game and winning a few chips isn't going to cut at. I would put him in the second tier point guards of this era. He needs to earn a few more individual honors first before going to the hall.
Makes me wonder how a guy like Jason Kidd never won a championship.

Back
Top Bottom