Top 5 in the game RIGHT NOW (or at least since 2010)

Are you going by who YOU like? Or who's actually out doing %*%% right now?

because Ross, Nicki, Ye', and Wiz have EVERYTHING on lock right now.

Jay is the GOAT, but he's not top 5 killing the game 2010-2011 in the public eye right now. And neither is Eminem. They sell because of their legacies leading to this point. They're selling off name alone.

But as far as who's grinding out and making moves happen for them these past 2 years? Ross, Drake, Ye', Wiz, Nicki, and Wayne. Straight like that.

No Hip Hop artist is musically focused like Kanye West.
He's been our best artist for quite some time now.

Em
J Cole
KRIT
Drake
Wayne...lightweight
Wiz fell off for me, Kanye is whack to me, and Jay hasn't put much out in the last year, but he is for sure up there. Jeezy is dope too, but his new stuff is actually ehh to me....some is like his old stuff though.

Overall Since 2010
5. Wiz Khalifa
4. Nicki Minaj
3. Drake
2. Kanye West
1. Rick Ross

At this Very Moment
5. Big Krit/Big Sean
4. Wale
3. Drake
2. J.Cole
1. Rick Ross

Right now today
1. Ross
2. Wayne
3. Wale
4. Big Sean
5. KRIT

Honorables: Pusha, Fab, Em, Cole, Killer Mike, Kanye, Jeezy, Wiz

I don't see how Jay-Z is on ANYONE'S list at this very moment, dude has done next to nothing (besides H.A.M.) for the last year

its no way Pusha should be over Krit or Wale should be over Cole...I think thats pretty much fact when you look at how Krit and Cole poppin in ery region

Ross has cooled waaaay down, Wayne has cooled waaaay down but becuz they are bigger names I guess they get a pass

Kanye stayed afloat, same with Drake and i think if the four dropped projects now these two would be better and more well received 

an all the criteria top 5

5.Ross 4.Wiz 3.Wayne 2.Drake 1.Kanye

just off the music top 5 tho

5. Drake

4. Curren$y

3. J. Cole

2. Kanye

1. Big KRIT

Originally Posted by hella handsome

I explained this in the first post and then in another reply. Good list btw, I put Jay because he's kept himself in the limelight with a handful of hits since 2010 (Young Forever, Hot Tottie, Monster) and guest verses galore which Luda would be proud of lyrically.

LtB, nice post
smokin.gif
I'll add Big Sean to the honorables.

Krit is doing his thing, but he isn't on here because of lack of commercial exposure. I might put him in the honorables though since he put out the dope mixtapes. Push did the same thing Krit did in the mixtape circuit PLUS has seen some commercial spotlight with Kanye/GOOD Music.

Hip hop culture is worse than almost any other genre culture when it comes to sales and merit as an artist. Some of these lists... 
laugh.gif

I think people consider Jay a top MC based on potential and name sake, more than actual music. Yes, we all check for a Jay single, but only because of his past achievements and belief that he COULD kill the verse (versus him actually doing it like in the past). In the past 5 years, he's given us less than before. We keep waiting on him to slaughter a verse and it is a rare occurrence. I think people are scared to talk negatively about him
laugh.gif

No wayne on OPs list means list is already bs.... Wayne just dropped an album in like Oct or Nov....

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Drake at number one though? Yikes

This and Wiz?
laugh.gif

No particular order: Jay-Z, Weezy(not a fan but respect his career), Kanye, Nicki, and Emimen....

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Drake at number one though? Yikes

This and Wiz?
laugh.gif

No particular order: Jay-Z, Weezy(not a fan but respect his career), Kanye, Nicki, and Emimen....

sick.gif
alien.gif

plz tell me you are not a male...

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by hella handsome

I explained this in the first post and then in another reply. Good list btw, I put Jay because he's kept himself in the limelight with a handful of hits since 2010 (Young Forever, Hot Tottie, Monster) and guest verses galore which Luda would be proud of lyrically.

LtB, nice post
smokin.gif
I'll add Big Sean to the honorables.

Krit is doing his thing, but he isn't on here because of lack of commercial exposure. I might put him in the honorables though since he put out the dope mixtapes. Push did the same thing Krit did in the mixtape circuit PLUS has seen some commercial spotlight with Kanye/GOOD Music.
Ah ok, my bad then fam. I should have thought through when posting. 
And since I see where you're coming from now, then yeah Jay and Em I guess are in on it, and I forgot all about Big Sean, he's been grinding too. 

Originally Posted by illfrozn

I think people consider Jay a top MC based on potential and name sake, more than actual music. Yes, we all check for a Jay single, but only because of his past achievements and belief that he COULD kill the verse (versus him actually doing it like in the past). In the past 5 years, he's given us less than before. We keep waiting on him to slaughter a verse and it is a rare occurrence. I think people are scared to talk negatively about him
laugh.gif
I didn't put him on here because of name sake, I put him here because I actually thought he put out good music.

A dozen records that he's been on since 2010, three singles, and I thought he delivered with his output IMO.

Back
Top Bottom