top 5 most untouchable NBA players right now

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

As far as Wall....no, he's not (yet) a top-5 PG...however that may, and probably will change in 2-3 seasons.   
laugh.gif

You say all that and still label him untouchable right now, cmon fam youre better than that. Again, were talking about the most untouchable players TODAY, not in 2-3 seasons.

Honest question , is Wall 1 of your favorite players ? If so you might need to take a step back and look at him for what he is, a good young PG with boatloads of potential. He hasnt proven enough to be mentioned in the same breath as most of the dudes on these lists.

Bron, KD, Wade, Rose, D12........and '' John Wall '' , he doesnt belong anywhere near that group.  
And I'll say it again...he's untouchable.  I don't know how there can be a top-5 list when there are other players who fall under that umbrella.  He's the EXACT type of player you build a franchise around.  The whole rebuilding/rebranding effort is keyed around Wall.  There isn't a chance in hell that he's moved today, tomorrow, next year, or 3 years from now.  Doesn't matter if he's on the same level as Bron, KD, or Wade...it doesn't even matter if he's considered a top-5 PG in the NBA.  He's untouchable.  I don't think you understand how much Ted Leonsis values him.....

On the flip....was Alex Ovechkin a top-5 player in the NHL or at his position when he was a rookie back in 05-06?  No.  Was he untouchable?  Yup.  Same goes for Wall. 

As far as Wall....no, he's not (yet) a top-5 PG...however that may, and probably will change in 2-3 seasons.   
laugh.gif

You say all that and still label him untouchable right now, cmon fam youre better than that. Again, were talking about the most untouchable players TODAY, not in 2-3 seasons.

Honest question , is Wall 1 of your favorite players ? If so you might need to take a step back and look at him for what he is, a good young PG with boatloads of potential. He hasnt proven enough to be mentioned in the same breath as most of the dudes on these lists.

Bron, KD, Wade, Rose, D12........and '' John Wall '' , he doesnt belong anywhere near that group.  
And I'll say it again...he's untouchable.  I don't know how there can be a top-5 list when there are other players who fall under that umbrella.  He's the EXACT type of player you build a franchise around.  The whole rebuilding/rebranding effort is keyed around Wall.  There isn't a chance in hell that he's moved today, tomorrow, next year, or 3 years from now.  Doesn't matter if he's on the same level as Bron, KD, or Wade...it doesn't even matter if he's considered a top-5 PG in the NBA.  He's untouchable.  I don't think you understand how much Ted Leonsis values him.....

On the flip....was Alex Ovechkin a top-5 player in the NHL or at his position when he was a rookie back in 05-06?  No.  Was he untouchable?  Yup.  Same goes for Wall. 

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

The only real answer is Kobe... He's done so much and been through so much in LA. Dude is officially untouchable. Plus, you'd NEVER get equal value out of a trade. He's the soul of LA now. You don't trade that away.
you sound like a homer. fix that

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

The only real answer is Kobe... He's done so much and been through so much in LA. Dude is officially untouchable. Plus, you'd NEVER get equal value out of a trade. He's the soul of LA now. You don't trade that away.

HANNSUM wrote:
HOOSIERdaddy282 wrote:

its true tho same with timmy and dirk, and albeit pierce

HANNSUM wrote:
HOOSIERdaddy282 wrote:

its true tho same with timmy and dirk, and albeit pierce

How in the blue hell is Dwight Howard untradeable?!?!? His contract is about to run out and he may leave the team. If anything he's VERY tradeable.

You all don't use your heads sometimes.

How in the blue hell is Dwight Howard untradeable?!?!? His contract is about to run out and he may leave the team. If anything he's VERY tradeable.

You all don't use your heads sometimes.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i like how the same person using the salary excuse to say blake is untouchable even for the most dominant defensive player and best center in the league in d12 says u would trade wall for KD in a heartbeat
laugh.gif
One player is just starting his 2nd contract. The other is about to start his 3rd. Huge difference there. (that difference might not stay the same with a new CBA). And I was speaking on KD specifically there because he's from MD.

Originally Posted by LDJ

When has the clips ever kept a squad. They had that potential core with dmiles,qrich,odom,mags, and brand. They have had plenty of almost successfull teams, but they never let them gel. Once they have a few seasons of not living up to full potential, the clips always blow up the team and start over.
Clippers have had two good teams in recent memory. The first one, that you mentioned, was kept together. Those 5 you mentioned all played forward positions, they have big contracts to the two best players, traded Miles for Andre Miller (good idea, except Miller sucked), and let Odom walk when he got a big offer from Miami (that he was never worth). Bobby Simmons was a more than adequate backup 3 to replace Q. Rich. The two players that were kept ended up leading the team to their best playoff run with an entirely different group of players around them. Cassell who was traded for and Mobley who was signed as a FA.

The Clippers haven't really ever been good, so to say they've blown up a team is not really applicable
laugh.gif
. Lamar Odom is still the best free agent they let walk in recent history, and he was the 3rd best forward on the team, had been suspended for weed a couple of times, and got a max deal.

i like how the same person using the salary excuse to say blake is untouchable even for the most dominant defensive player and best center in the league in d12 says u would trade wall for KD in a heartbeat
laugh.gif
One player is just starting his 2nd contract. The other is about to start his 3rd. Huge difference there. (that difference might not stay the same with a new CBA). And I was speaking on KD specifically there because he's from MD.

Originally Posted by LDJ

When has the clips ever kept a squad. They had that potential core with dmiles,qrich,odom,mags, and brand. They have had plenty of almost successfull teams, but they never let them gel. Once they have a few seasons of not living up to full potential, the clips always blow up the team and start over.
Clippers have had two good teams in recent memory. The first one, that you mentioned, was kept together. Those 5 you mentioned all played forward positions, they have big contracts to the two best players, traded Miles for Andre Miller (good idea, except Miller sucked), and let Odom walk when he got a big offer from Miami (that he was never worth). Bobby Simmons was a more than adequate backup 3 to replace Q. Rich. The two players that were kept ended up leading the team to their best playoff run with an entirely different group of players around them. Cassell who was traded for and Mobley who was signed as a FA.

The Clippers haven't really ever been good, so to say they've blown up a team is not really applicable
laugh.gif
. Lamar Odom is still the best free agent they let walk in recent history, and he was the 3rd best forward on the team, had been suspended for weed a couple of times, and got a max deal.

laugh.gif

John Wall is just untradeable for the fact that he's a very young, talented player with an unknown ceiling.  Management doesn't want to trade him until they have a better idea of what it is.  He very well could be a top pg in the nba and you certainly don't want to trade him if he has POTENTIAL to be that. 

However, he hasn't done anything yet in the nba to warrant untradeable status. 

He had a very good rookie year but that's not enough. 

Let's not use Blake as a counter-argument, the man made it on the all star team as a rookie and is already a top foward in the nba.  If his team was good..

laugh.gif

John Wall is just untradeable for the fact that he's a very young, talented player with an unknown ceiling.  Management doesn't want to trade him until they have a better idea of what it is.  He very well could be a top pg in the nba and you certainly don't want to trade him if he has POTENTIAL to be that. 

Let's not use Blake as a counter-argument, the man made it on the all star team as a rookie and is already a top foward in the nba.  If his team was good..

Originally Posted by amel223

laugh.gif

Which was my point (the bold)...and management DOES know what they have in the guy. 

*Let me ask you all...were Derrick Rose and Chris Paul untradeable after their rookie seasons?  I'll wait...

laugh.gif

Which was my point (the bold)...and management DOES know what they have in the guy. 

*Let me ask you all...were Derrick Rose and Chris Paul untradeable after their rookie seasons?  I'll wait...

My point was that if we're going to start listing young talented rookies as untradeable the list will be bigger, and you can start putting guys like Demarcus Cousins on the list just based on the unknown. 

My point was that if we're going to start listing young talented rookies as untradeable the list will be bigger, and you can start putting guys like Demarcus Cousins on the list just based on the unknown. 

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

You right "blow up" is a bad term. But for whatever reason they never can keep a talented team. I mean they maybe even worse then that toilet bowl team in ohio. Because unlike the cavs they have drafted/aquired talent, are in a city/state thats desirable, yet still never had a string of successfull seasons.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

You right "blow up" is a bad term. But for whatever reason they never can keep a talented team. I mean they maybe even worse then that toilet bowl team in ohio. Because unlike the cavs they have drafted/aquired talent, are in a city/state thats desirable, yet still never had a string of successfull seasons.

And I was saying that it's stupid to have a top-5 list because the list is actually bigger than that.  There are players who are deemed "untouchable" for a variety of reasons....you can group John Wall under that same umbrella w. Paul/Rose (as rookies). 

And I was saying that it's stupid to have a top-5 list because the list is actually bigger than that.  There are players who are deemed "untouchable" for a variety of reasons....you can group John Wall under that same umbrella w. Paul/Rose (as rookies). 

I understand DoubleJs07's point of view, but in a non-biased point of view, if you are not the best player in the league or in your position, you are not untouchable. I think most Wizards fans wouldn't trade Wall for Rose.  

For the record, DMC is very touchable in Sacramento.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I understand DoubleJs07's point of view, but in a non-biased point of view, if you are not the best player in the league or in your position, you are not untouchable. I think most Wizards fans wouldn't trade Wall for Rose.  

For the record, DMC is very touchable in Sacramento.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom