top 5 most untouchable NBA players right now

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

can you guys please not put dirk, kobe, pierce

im talking purely from a youth+talent standpoint

? Then you should change the topic, that isn't what you were asking at all...  Very few young 'potential' type players are truly untouchable.  Durant might be the only one as far as I'm concerned.  Love is not even close, I would honestly not be surprised to see him traded.
Edit: And Rose is untouchable too

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

can you guys please not put dirk, kobe, pierce

im talking purely from a youth+talent standpoint

? Then you should change the topic, that isn't what you were asking at all...  Very few young 'potential' type players are truly untouchable.  Durant might be the only one as far as I'm concerned.  Love is not even close, I would honestly not be surprised to see him traded.
Edit: And Rose is untouchable too

If you've got a list in this thread and Dirk isn't on it, you're brain dead.

Coming off a title, having just taken less money a year ago to stay here, and a no trade clause to boot?

There is literally no circumstance under which Dirk Nowitzki can/will be traded RIGHT NOW... No way, no how. Not for Dwight, LeBron, Wade, nobody.

Coming off a title, having just taken less money a year ago to stay here, and a no trade clause to boot?

There is literally no circumstance under which Dirk Nowitzki can/will be traded RIGHT NOW... No way, no how. Not for Dwight, LeBron, Wade, nobody.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

As far as Wall....no, he's not (yet) a top-5 PG...however that may, and probably will change in 2-3 seasons.   
laugh.gif

You say all that and still label him untouchable right now, cmon fam youre better than that. Again, were talking about the most untouchable players TODAY, not in 2-3 seasons.

Honest question , is Wall 1 of your favorite players ? If so you might need to take a step back and look at him for what he is, a good young PG with boatloads of potential. He hasnt proven enough to be mentioned in the same breath as most of the dudes on these lists.

Bron, KD, Wade, Rose, D12........and '' John Wall '' , he doesnt belong anywhere near that group.  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

As far as Wall....no, he's not (yet) a top-5 PG...however that may, and probably will change in 2-3 seasons.   
laugh.gif

You say all that and still label him untouchable right now, cmon fam youre better than that. Again, were talking about the most untouchable players TODAY, not in 2-3 seasons.

Honest question , is Wall 1 of your favorite players ? If so you might need to take a step back and look at him for what he is, a good young PG with boatloads of potential. He hasnt proven enough to be mentioned in the same breath as most of the dudes on these lists.

Bron, KD, Wade, Rose, D12........and '' John Wall '' , he doesnt belong anywhere near that group.  

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Is this thread looking at it from the respective teams' perspective, or just from our own point of view? If the former, I'd agree Dirk is untouchable. Regarding the latter, the fact is Dirk is 33; if the Clippers came calling with Blake on the table I'd make that deal without blinking. I mean the guy is currently projecting as a 6'10 Charles Barkley
laugh.gif

Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Blake Griffin
Derrick Rose

Based on age, talent, intrinsic value, etc.

DJs, no one is a bigger believer in John than I, but you can't quite put him top 5 yet. We know he will, but he still has to go out and demonstrate improvement and a high level of production/efficiency.

Is this thread looking at it from the respective teams' perspective, or just from our own point of view? If the former, I'd agree Dirk is untouchable. Regarding the latter, the fact is Dirk is 33; if the Clippers came calling with Blake on the table I'd make that deal without blinking. I mean the guy is currently projecting as a 6'10 Charles Barkley
laugh.gif

Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Blake Griffin
Derrick Rose

Based on age, talent, intrinsic value, etc.

DJs, no one is a bigger believer in John than I, but you can't quite put him top 5 yet. We know he will, but he still has to go out and demonstrate improvement and a high level of production/efficiency.

I don't think you can look at this and discuss it logically without taking into account the current situation for the player and their respective team... How do we define untouchable if we're looking at everything in a vacuum that ignore what team they play for and what the contract/team situation dictates for that player? It makes no sense to discuss this independent of that.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of how we feel about him, Dwight Howard is NOT untradeable right now. He's absolutely tough as hell to pry loose, but if someone gave them a serious offer, Orlando HAS to think about it.

Right now:
Dirk Nowitzki - He's a top 10 player in the league and means too much to the franchise... Cuban's personal relationship with him is also huge.
Dwyane Wade - He is the Miami Heat... The best player on that team and absolutely the least disposal of the Big 3.
Blake Griffin - Clippers finally have a young superstar of their own. Under team control on the cheap and he's already elite.
Derrick Rose - Same as Blake. First superstar in Chicago since Jordan and he's a point guard.
Kevin Durant - Same as above. He's that franchise and he's young and wants to be there. Cannot trade.
LeBron James - He's still a best or second best player in basketball (though I think he's the easiest of this bunch to pry loose)...

Those six, I think mean the most to their respective franchises as a whole. The last five are in their prime or coming up on it, and Dirk is still playing at an elite level and capable of carrying a franchise on his back.

One that I find particularly interesting here... What about Amare Stoudemire? He stepped up in a big, big way for the Knicks this year, and he went there with the intention of helping the Knicks get back. Is there anything they'd trade him for right now, given the way he played this year and how well they played before the Carmelo trade?

I don't think you can look at this and discuss it logically without taking into account the current situation for the player and their respective team... How do we define untouchable if we're looking at everything in a vacuum that ignore what team they play for and what the contract/team situation dictates for that player? It makes no sense to discuss this independent of that.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of how we feel about him, Dwight Howard is NOT untradeable right now. He's absolutely tough as hell to pry loose, but if someone gave them a serious offer, Orlando HAS to think about it.

Right now:
Dirk Nowitzki - He's a top 10 player in the league and means too much to the franchise... Cuban's personal relationship with him is also huge.
Dwyane Wade - He is the Miami Heat... The best player on that team and absolutely the least disposal of the Big 3.
Blake Griffin - Clippers finally have a young superstar of their own. Under team control on the cheap and he's already elite.
Derrick Rose - Same as Blake. First superstar in Chicago since Jordan and he's a point guard.
Kevin Durant - Same as above. He's that franchise and he's young and wants to be there. Cannot trade.
LeBron James - He's still a best or second best player in basketball (though I think he's the easiest of this bunch to pry loose)...

Those six, I think mean the most to their respective franchises as a whole. The last five are in their prime or coming up on it, and Dirk is still playing at an elite level and capable of carrying a franchise on his back.

One that I find particularly interesting here... What about Amare Stoudemire? He stepped up in a big, big way for the Knicks this year, and he went there with the intention of helping the Knicks get back. Is there anything they'd trade him for right now, given the way he played this year and how well they played before the Carmelo trade?

Right now:

If you go in the Knicks thread you'll see there are already idiots clamoring to trade Amare for some reason...
Amare has done everything he was paid for and more for that franchise.  Id give up Melo first in a heartbeat.

Right now:

If you go in the Knicks thread you'll see there are already idiots clamoring to trade Amare for some reason...
Amare has done everything he was paid for and more for that franchise.  Id give up Melo first in a heartbeat.

Again, that's based on the fact that he's going to be a free agent and there's only a very small chance he comes back. They have to get something for him. Two years ago he was truly untradeable, and now he's even better, but the team is afraid of losing him and getting nothing in return.

Again, that's based on the fact that he's going to be a free agent and there's only a very small chance he comes back. They have to get something for him. Two years ago he was truly untradeable, and now he's even better, but the team is afraid of losing him and getting nothing in return.

Absolutely, dmbrhs... But that would mean that RIGHT NOW, he's not one of the most untouchable players in basketball. Right?

A year ago? Sure. Six months from now after he's traded or a year from now when he signs elsewhere? Sure. But RIGHT NOW? Nope.

Absolutely, dmbrhs... But that would mean that RIGHT NOW, he's not one of the most untouchable players in basketball. Right?

A year ago? Sure. Six months from now after he's traded or a year from now when he signs elsewhere? Sure. But RIGHT NOW? Nope.

I left Dirk off my list for the same reason as Kobe, they're getting older.

I feel like any argument being made for Dirk can be made for Kobe, he is the Lakers, he is LA, of course mngmt loves him, and
he's still playing at a pretty hi level although recently he's taken a slight dropoff.

I tried to make my list thru the eyes of an impartial owner, and it seems Youth AND Talent is usually their top priority.

I left Dirk off my list for the same reason as Kobe, they're getting older.

I feel like any argument being made for Dirk can be made for Kobe, he is the Lakers, he is LA, of course mngmt loves him, and
he's still playing at a pretty hi level although recently he's taken a slight dropoff.

I tried to make my list thru the eyes of an impartial owner, and it seems Youth AND Talent is usually their top priority.

I would NOT trade Wall for Westbrook.. & IMO OKC would do that in a heartbeat

I would NOT trade Wall for Westbrook.. & IMO OKC would do that in a heartbeat

The only real answer is Kobe... He's done so much and been through so much in LA. Dude is officially untouchable. Plus, you'd NEVER get equal value out of a trade. He's the soul of LA now. You don't trade that away.

The only real answer is Kobe... He's done so much and been through so much in LA. Dude is officially untouchable. Plus, you'd NEVER get equal value out of a trade. He's the soul of LA now. You don't trade that away.

Back
Top Bottom