Top 5 Teams In Baseball

go mariners
tongue.gif

I am going on the record with my prediction with the Reds winning the Central.
what is drastically different about this years reds team and last years team that went 72-90 only finishing ahead of the pirates? o well, i guessthats the benefit of playing in the worst division in baseball. every team has a chance.

needless and irrelevant to say but, nationals > reds.

On paper right now, seems crazy that one of the following won't be in the postseason; NY, Boston, Cle, or Detroit

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

laugh.gif
@ Cubs fans already starting %+@!, crossing out the Cards
tired.gif
get ready for another 100 years losers!

laugh.gif
First Born, you are one cold dude.

but after the Cubs, i believe our division is W I D E open. should be fun, can't wait.
glasses.gif

I am going on the record with my prediction with the Reds winning the Central. I know the Cubs will be hovering around first all season, but I see a collapse (as usual) unfolding.

laugh.gif
you picked us last season too, but i hope you're right.
what is drastically different about this years reds team and last years team that went 72-90 only finishing ahead of the pirates?

well, let's see...would a new coach be "drastically different?" did you not see what happened after Jerry Narron was fired? we had the bestrecord in baseball for about 2 and a half months. what about getting an all-star closer who was second in the league in saves last season? especially sincewe lead the league in blown saves and bullpen era. maybe having the favorite for ROY?
and we still might add Joe Blanton.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

On paper right now, seems crazy that one of the following won't be in the postseason; NY, Boston, Cle, or Detroit

thats nuts to think about

Fede DPT wrote:
jpap348 wrote:
Dodgers instead of Yankees and your list is straight

roll.gif

how is that funny? freaken lame
whats funny is that the yankees over pay every single player thinking money can buy everything
but it cant and its extremely sad that thats how they expect to win a ring

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

1. B. Sox
2. Tigers
3. Angels
4. Indians
5. Dodgers

Yanks @ 6 and Pads 7
I'll give the Mets 8 because they aren't better than the Dodgers just because of Johan.... Mets won't sniff a W.S. title
How could you sit there and say the Dodgers are better than the Mets....The Dodgers are not as good as the Mets. You know it. I know it. And so doeseverybody else in this thread.....Thats just a biased opinion and you're trying to hype up your team.
mad.gif

^ Relax dude, he's just a hater.

Even when the Mets acquired Johan, he says "Mets still suck".

That's all he pretty much says.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Fede DPT wrote:
jpap348 wrote:
Dodgers instead of Yankees and your list is straight

roll.gif

how is that funny? freaken lame
whats funny is that the yankees over pay every single player thinking money can buy everything
but it cant and its extremely sad that thats how they expect to win a ring

Yeah, because the Yankees are paying millions to all of their Starting Rotation
eyes.gif
(Hughes, Kennedy, I'll include Joba in there too).

Granted, that's only 3 players I listed, but what does it matter? The Yankees over pay every single player,right...
Since we are ranking teams based on their off-season moves, who have the Yankees got that cost them a substantial amount of money? A-Rod right?That's what you call an investment.

My argument may not be the best, but I hate hearing every so often that the Yankees "buy their way to the World Series". Look, I'm a Yankee fan,and we haven't been to the World Series since 03'. We aren't "buying championships". It's all about the farm system for years tocome.

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

needless and irrelevant to say but, nationals > reds.

1990 Reds team > The Nationals/Expos entire existence. You seriously pull for the wackest team in all of baseball, besides the Rays
laugh.gif

seriously, how is someone a memphis grizzlies, and Washington Nationals fan at the same time. I don't know what football team you root for (except Mossobv.) but its probably the Arizona Cardinals.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

seriously, how is someone a memphis grizzlies, and Washington Nationals fan at the same time. I don't know what football team you root for (except Moss obv.) but its probably the Arizona Cardinals.

my apologies for not being a front runner. and i don't like any football team, my lone allegiance is pledged to my man moss. here's a briefbiography of why i like the unique teams that i do. grizzlies = miller is my favorite player along with rudy gay. nationals = became an expos fan in 01',vlad was my favorite player back then and i have stuck with them ever since.
1990 Reds team > The Nationals/Expos entire existence. You seriously pull for the wackest team in all of baseball, besides the Rays
laugh.gif

i hate when people bring up ancient history when i was referring to the present. RIGHT NOW, the nationals > the reds (won 6 of 7 last yr) andyour cards (won 5 of 6 last yr) too. teams like the marlins, royals, rays, orioles, and pirates are currently way more "wack" franchises than thenationals. all of those teams are sadly stuck where they are have little to no chance of being relevant in the coming years. the nationals however are afranchise on the rise and have one of the most promising futures in baseball.

teams like the marlins, royals, rays, orioles, and pirates are currently far more "wack" franchises than the nationals. all of those teams are sadly stuck where they are have little to no chance of being relevant in the coming years.
That's just inexplicably wrong.

my apologies for not being a front runner. and i don't like any football team, my lone allegiance is pledged to my man moss. here's a brief biography of why i like the unique teams that i do. grizzlies = miller is my favorite player along with rudy gay. nationals = became an expos fan in 01', vlad was my favorite player back then and i have stuck with them ever since.

i didn't mean like that, it's just that they seem random to me. but that makes sense.
wink.gif

J Rain: the nationals are just not that great....you try to make them sound like they are an elite team....andthe thing that bugs me the most is you're saying Zimmerman is better than David Wright
mad.gif
....c'mon dude, you know deep down that Zimmerman is not better than Wrightbut you still have it in your sig? Someone even proved you wrong by posting stats of both players and we all saw that David Wright was way better.

you know deep down that Zimmerman is not better than Wright but you still have it in your sig?
why would i state something in my sig if i didn't whole heartedly believe it 100%? i would take zimmerman over the pansy product of the nychype machine any day of the week. i wouldn't pick any other player in baseball to build a foundation upon than zimmerman. i'll take that even further,i wouldn't replace zimmerman with any other player (no matter the position) in baseball period.

thanks for trying to play the role of psychiatrist and reading my mind saying that "deep down" i don't believe zimmerman is better than wright.once zimmerman starts to get some national exposure (starting with game 1 of the season vs the braves on espn) people will begin to realize zimmerman is themost precious and valuable gem of them all. he's already the best defensive 3b in baseball and makes plays that other 3b could only dream of, and once hestarts to get some support surrounding him in the lineup he'll be one of the best hitters too.

you know deep down that Zimmerman is not better than Wright but you still have it in your sig?
why would i state something in my sig if i didn't whole heartedly believe it 100%? i would take zimmerman over the pansy product of the nyc hype machine any day of the week. i wouldn't pick any other player in baseball to build a foundation upon than zimmerman. i'll take that even further, i wouldn't replace zimmerman with any other player (no matter the position) in baseball period.

thanks for trying to play the role of psychiatrist and reading my mind saying that "deep down" i don't believe zimmerman is better than wright. once zimmerman starts to get some national exposure (starting with game 1 of the season vs the braves on espn) people will begin to realize zimmerman is the most precious and valuable gem of them all. he's already the best defensive 3b in baseball and makes plays that other 3b could only dream of, and once he starts to get some support surrounding him in the lineup he'll be one of the best hitters too.

The "New York Hypemachine" or whatever you call it, is not the reaosn why Wright is better than Zimmerman.....He is better because hisstats show that he is betetr in every aspect of the game. I don't care if David Wright played in Antarctica, he's still better because hisstats show us he is better.

i hate when people bring up ancient history when i was referring to the present. RIGHT NOW, the nationals > the reds (won 6 of 7 last yr) and your cards (won 5 of 6 last yr) too. teams like the marlins, royals, rays, orioles, and pirates are currently way more "wack" franchises than the nationals. all of those teams are sadly stuck where they are have little to no chance of being relevant in the coming years. the nationals however are a franchise on the rise and have one of the most promising futures in baseball.

What you fail to realize is baseball is a sport of tradition and history. Either you don't know that or your blinders are on a little too tight. Whenthe Reds do eventually win a World Series again, it will be compared to the great Reds teams of the past. The storied Big Red Machine, the magical 1990 team.If the Nationals ever were to win a World Series, it would be as relevant as the Marlins or D'Backs titles. Actually, it would be less relevant since thoseteams have existed a fraction of the time and have already won it all. I understand your are enthused about the team you support, but do realize you areamongst an entire different breed when it comes to baseball and the tradition it posses. When some lame breaks a season record in baseball, we don't dubhim the G.O.A.T.
wink.gif

That's just inexplicably wrong.
care to elaborate? i'll break it down.

the orioles and rays have no chance of being competitive with the yankees and red sox ruling the al east. so unless they move out of the division, they willremain irrelevant.

the pirates franchise is in shambles right now. their only bright spot is that beautiful stadium of theirs. it's sad to see such a stunning stadium likepnc filled 1/4 to capacity. pirates ownership consistently resists to make any majors moves and seems satisfied with where they are.

the marlins are a fish out of water franchise. they are in complete disarray. all they have is han ram and once his contract is up they'll trade him likethey do with all of their young talent. they have no plans to build a new stadium, and they are probably the most probable team to be packing it up and movingout.

the royals i can't envision ever being anything more than average. they are a small market team and will likely never have a superstar that can propel themto the playoffs on their roster.

now the nationals on the other hand are a distinctly different than the afore mentioned clubs. we are a team on the uprise with a promising future andownership that is dedicated to winning with one of the best managers in baseball. our farm system which was depleted is now becoming legit, and we arededicated to bringing in young talent. in a span of 6 months our outfield was pretty much set for the foreseeable future with the acquisitions of pena,milledge, and dukes. there is no doubt in my mind that the nationals will be a large market powerhouse team in the very near future.

i wouldn't pick any other player in baseball to build a foundation upon than zimmerman. i'll take that even further, i wouldn't replace zimmerman with any other player (no matter the position) in baseball period.

news-quiz-ferrell.jpg

you're crazy man. i like you but you're cr..you're crazy man.

i wouldn't pick any other player in baseball to build a foundation upon than zimmerman. i'll take that even further, i wouldn't replace zimmerman with any other player (no matter the position) in baseball period.
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

I guess Zimmerman = Moss huh?

Originally Posted by jrp44

roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

I guess Zimmerman = Moss huh?

ya, i guess you could say that. zimmerman is in a three way tie of my favorite nationals with belliard and dukes.

Back
Top Bottom