--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

They hate anything Lexus though
laugh.gif

LOL at the Audi product placement...they did it twice too

Im probably in the minority bit i absolutely HATE the design of the e60 M5. Good job to whoever design the new one

btw,

Top Gear‘s souped-up Season 18, which, we can reveal, will premiere Monday, April 16 on BBC America. 

laugh.gif

Im probably in the minority bit i absolutely HATE the design of the e60 M5. Good job to whoever design the new one

btw,

Top Gear‘s souped-up Season 18, which, we can reveal, will premiere Monday, April 16 on BBC America. 

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I'm sure it's great, it is a Lexus after all not to mention the quality factor, but it looks ugly if you ask me, especially when considered to a 5 series.

Quality isn't an issue for sure but I've read reviews that it's a drivers car now. Before it was just a soft, luxury sedan but now they are more driver oriented and are much close to the 5-series than ever. To me, that is a huge leap so I really want to know how it compared. I don't like how it looks either but the F-Sport look better but only by a bit.
I'll try and test drive the M5 when I bring my car in for service.

Kook, I also hate the E60 so you aren't alone there. The F10 is lightyears better looking, I'm still not a fan of big sedans but the F10 looks good and refined, especially compared to the E60.

I'm sure it's great, it is a Lexus after all not to mention the quality factor, but it looks ugly if you ask me, especially when considered to a 5 series.

Quality isn't an issue for sure but I've read reviews that it's a drivers car now. Before it was just a soft, luxury sedan but now they are more driver oriented and are much close to the 5-series than ever. To me, that is a huge leap so I really want to know how it compared. I don't like how it looks either but the F-Sport look better but only by a bit.
I'll try and test drive the M5 when I bring my car in for service.

Kook, I also hate the E60 so you aren't alone there. The F10 is lightyears better looking, I'm still not a fan of big sedans but the F10 looks good and refined, especially compared to the E60.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

laugh.gif

btw,

I hate the E60 as well, it was designed by Chris Bangle, It was definitely different, but not in a good way. He was fired from BMW and is designing for Samsung now-a-days if I am correct. Hooydonk has been the head of the design department for the past few years, who in my opinion is extremely talented.

laugh.gif

btw,

I hate the E60 as well, it was designed by Chris Bangle, It was definitely different, but not in a good way. He was fired from BMW and is designing for Samsung now-a-days if I am correct. Hooydonk has been the head of the design department for the past few years, who in my opinion is extremely talented.

He definitely did not impress me with the new 3-series, it's just plain hideous to me. The front is horrid, the overall silhouette isn't sleek, it doesn't look fast and the back is just the 5-series and the car is bigger and wider than before. Really not a good look.

He definitely did not impress me with the new 3-series, it's just plain hideous to me. The front is horrid, the overall silhouette isn't sleek, it doesn't look fast and the back is just the 5-series and the car is bigger and wider than before. Really not a good look.

Wow at his resume
roll.gif

e63 M6
sick.gif

Didnt know he was also responsible for the e65. I always wondered why the trunk looked like it came from another car
laugh.gif

800px-BMW_E65_rear_20070609.jpg

Wow at his resume
roll.gif

e63 M6
sick.gif

Didnt know he was also responsible for the e65. I always wondered why the trunk looked like it came from another car
laugh.gif

800px-BMW_E65_rear_20070609.jpg

laugh.gif
the trunk lights aren't even connected to the rearlights, also with the M5 top gear said that the car plays exhaust noise through the speakers, if true then
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
the trunk lights aren't even connected to the rearlights, also with the M5 top gear said that the car plays exhaust noise through the speakers, if true then
30t6p3b.gif

Well the 7 series and the older 6 were both done under the supervision of Bangle even if they werte sketched up by Hooydonk. ANd yeah, I agree they're ugly. I think that 7 series was voted amongst the 10 most ugliest cars of all time....

And yeah motor noise through the stereo, I mean honestly...

But I disagree on the 3 series, I actually like the overall look.

Well the 7 series and the older 6 were both done under the supervision of Bangle even if they werte sketched up by Hooydonk. ANd yeah, I agree they're ugly. I think that 7 series was voted amongst the 10 most ugliest cars of all time....

And yeah motor noise through the stereo, I mean honestly...

But I disagree on the 3 series, I actually like the overall look.

i like the e60... hell i wanna trade my TL in for a 550.... the new 3 and 5 series look the same just one is bigger....

i like the e60... hell i wanna trade my TL in for a 550.... the new 3 and 5 series look the same just one is bigger....

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

the new 3 and 5 series look the same just one is bigger....

The rear is just about identical but the front, no way you can compare the 5-series to the ugly 3-series and that is coming from a guy who doesn't like the 5-series much.
zeOh0.jpg

FcDZw.jpg

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

the new 3 and 5 series look the same just one is bigger....

The rear is just about identical but the front, no way you can compare the 5-series to the ugly 3-series and that is coming from a guy who doesn't like the 5-series much.
zeOh0.jpg

FcDZw.jpg

Ever since someone pointed out the line that goes across the hood of the 5-series and 3-series, I just can't stop looking at it 
30t6p3b.gif
.  I really liked the new M5, but damn that pedestrian system ruined a beautiful car 
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom