--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

On BBC2. Probably available on iPlayer now - not sure about overseas though.

still got under half and our left, and i picked up on the weather, and cold thinking it led to the punch....but wasn't he drunk tho?

this episode is vintage top gear. laughing my *** off :rofl: :rofl:

:smh: BBC can't recreate this chemistry. i was thinking they bring clarkson back but give the guy like 1 yr advance pay at clarkson's salary rate, as punishment/compensation respectively.

as far as im concerned this is the final eps of Top Gear in all.

edit:

:smh: too many lulz this eps. a bit awkward to watch those 2 host. footage for 3 eps, recut and re recorded for audio, this show will sorely be missed.

on to Netflix....

It'd be conceivable JC was drunk (he could have downed a brew as he got to the venue then the buzz kicked in by the time he realized there was no hot food :lol:). But I'm pretty sure you're referring to James May being drunk; this was his excuse for not wanting to further comment to the media.

While I agree that Top Gear will no longer be the TG we've grown to love, BBC had no choice. They let JC get away with too much in the past and they weren't interested in maintaining the same precedent of turning the other cheek. At the end of the day, JC couldn't keep his hands to himself and he's the reason why TG will wither away and eventually die (unless Chris Evans and his two co-hosts knock it out the park).

Fingers crossed JC doesn't ruin the new ITV gig......

yea i guess i am thinking of may

i think a lot of the stuff in the past has been blown out of proportion...maybe he simply wasn't pc enough for bbc2. anyways i hope they dont get budget constraints with the new move

I doubt Jezza x Hamster x Cpt Slow would ever get budget constraints moving to a new network. Whereever they go, someone will splash the cash on them, because of their proven formula.

edit-just watched the latest episode that was comedy :lol:
mann i miss the news and the test track and clarkson :frown: the goodbye at the end was def sad will prob remember that for a long time :frown:

Welp, I'm more than ready to watch the final episode as soon as its available. I can't wait!

As for the hypercar race, maybe its more feasible to be done with Chris Evans now set to be the new host; he won't mind having his LaFerrari tested. Only obstacle is Ferrari and their willingness for a test to be completed. I'm willing to continue watching Top Gear on BBC for the Stig's Power Laps alone - its literally the only universal benchmark for the plethora of super (and soon to be hyper) cars out there.

O BTW....LaFerrari already completed a Power Lap around the TG test track, albeit.....:rolleyes

man that laferrari run dont even count why didnt they let that boy lewis hamilton whip :smh:

Last edited:
edit-just watched the latest episode that was comedy :lol:
mann i miss the news and the test track and clarkson :frown: the goodbye at the end was def sad will prob remember that for a long time :frown:
man that laferrari run dont even count why didnt they let that boy lewis hamilton whip :smh:

Haha, 100% agreed. Even Lewis said he should have been the one driving :lol:

Non-compete clauses are quite common... I guess JC and the gang never expected that it would affect them.

And I don't think they can just take it to another channel, whether it's ITV or Netflix or whatever.  I guess it depends on the contract, but they probably can't make any car-show period. 

Reports are saying that they can't go to any major rival British Network but it sounds like they can go Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Last personal lap

Back
Top Bottom