--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

I thought it was 99 a year for all that free 2day shipping that comes with it
Not for me. I signed up for a promotion years ago as a college student that left my yearly payments at 35 bucks, with all the cool things included (Shipping, video, and music streaming, etc). I love it. :pimp:

200x200px-ZC-1091fd0a_churchladyfaint.gif

That's comes out to be 27,750,000 per year....... each if that deal is purely salary. Could be a combination of salaray and stock incentives.

Makes far more sense. Thought they meant the value of the three hosts contract was $250. This show is going to be ridiculous. I imagine that being far more than the BBC's budget since the BBC is gov't funded

Former Top Gear Presenter Jeremy Clarkson will be Britain's highest-paid TV host after signing a £10 million (over $15 million) per year deal with Amazon.

After putting pen to paper, Clarkson basically improved on his former salary at the BBC by 10 times!

Of course, Amazon had to be "equally" generous with Richard Hammond, James May and producer Andy Wilman, with each of them allegedly earning £7.2 million ($11.1 million) per year.

Wow Amazon is throwing the big money at them. Hopefully this means a big budget for the show as well

Wow Amazon is throwing the big money at them. Hopefully this means a big budget for the show as well

Budget is pretty massive.

With Amazon Prime spending £160 million on 36 episodes over three years, each individual episode will have a massive budget of £4.5 million ($7.0 million).

What this means is that the gang can basically do just about anything they set their minds to and be as creative as possible with their content, locations and so on.

If you're having trouble picturing the difference between what the budget was for a Top Gear episode and what they'll have with Amazon Prime, just know that the BBC only spared £500,000 ($770,000) per show, with the occasional £1 million ($1.5 million) episode.

Former Top Gear Presenter Jeremy Clarkson will be Britain's highest-paid TV host after signing a £10 million (over $15 million) per year deal with Amazon.

After putting pen to paper, Clarkson basically improved on his former salary at the BBC by 10 times!

Of course, Amazon had to be "equally" generous with Richard Hammond, James May and producer Andy Wilman, with each of them allegedly earning £7.2 million ($11.1 million) per year.
Hang on... They were "only" making $1.5M/yr as the most watched show in the world?
eek.gif

From BBC UK, yes but I believe he gets paid more for international sales of the show and merchandise. Not 100% sure on the details.

Well I guess I'm getting Amazon prime then. Shout out to free shipping on my tooth paste. Never going shopping again. :pimp:

I said this back in July - I bought a 2014 Fiesta ST in September, been loving it ever since. Thanks, Top Gear!

Bout to grab a 2014 model same color. Can't wait. Drive so nice. Focus st would be good but I don't need to spend that much as nice as it'd be be

[emoji]128558[/emoji][emoji]128558[/emoji][emoji]128558[/emoji]

CQuxDyjWoAEQpwB.jpg

Last edited:
Interested to see the results. Anyone know if these were cars provided by the manufacture or customer cars?

Last edited:
Given all the restrictions/guidelines we've seen from the manufacturers in the past, surely these will be from owners?

Given all the restrictions/guidelines we've seen from the manufacturers in the past, surely these will be from owners?

I would think manufacturers would only provided tweaked versions of their production cars.

Hence owner cars would be a necessity for this to work.

You would think they would remove the license plates to protect the identities of the owners since, if it is owner cars, this would blacklist them from ever getting a car with their respective companies. Maybe not Porsche since I believe they have wanted to do this for the longest. This would be a big no no for Ferrari (wonder if rear license plate was taken off)

Back
Top Bottom