--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

Cool ep I suppose...

The whole SAS training bit went on for a bit too long.

this. when it comes to car segments, its the same as always. same formula, same humor, same stuff we've come to love. shame they couldn't take the stig wth them but o well.

celebrity brain crash....i don't get it. at all.

the SAS scene like you said was too stretched out...i hope they stick to the formula we are used to tho.

car reviews aside, what made top gear special was the travel specials, and the crazy things they do with cars aside from review them, whether it be a world series crazy taxi race, or finding out how indestructible the toyota helix is..that is what made top gear special.

the Africa top gear special is some of the best television i have ever seen...followed by bolivia.

im waiting for the grand tour to show us that.

The whole celebrity brain crash segment is to poke fun at BBC and TP since they actually can't have celebrity interviews on their show. If I recall correctly, they would be sued for copyright infringement if they actually do it.

Cool ep I suppose...

The whole SAS training bit went on for a bit too long.

this. when it comes to car segments, its the same as always. same formula, same humor, same stuff we've come to love. shame they couldn't take the stig wth them but o well.

celebrity brain crash....i don't get it. at all.

the SAS scene like you said was too stretched out...i hope they stick to the formula we are used to tho.

car reviews aside, what made top gear special was the travel specials, and the crazy things they do with cars aside from review them, whether it be a world series crazy taxi race, or finding out how indestructible the toyota helix is..that is what made top gear special.

the Africa top gear special is some of the best television i have ever seen...followed by bolivia.

im waiting for the grand tour to show us that.

Yeah I knew damn well they wouldn't be allowed to do the whole celebrity vibe, hence they keep dying. I hope they drop it from ep 3, cause we get the joke now.

There DEFINITELY wasn't enough car action for me...

Aston Vulcan...and then donuts in an Audi?!?

That's just unacceptable.

Last edited:
Btw, if I keep it ALL THE WAY funky with you...I sure as hell wasn't impressed that just outside of JHB, in Cradle, the audience was majority white? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smh:

The whole celebrity brain crash segment is to poke fun at BBC and TP since they actually can't have celebrity interviews on their show. If I recall correctly, they would be sued for copyright infringement if they actually do it.

im no IP lawyer but how can they sue? how can interviewing a celeb be infringement? regular priced vehicle around a track maybe...but having a celeb do something else should be fine right?

im no IP lawyer but how can they sue? how can interviewing a celeb be infringement? regular priced vehicle around a track maybe...but having a celeb do something else should be fine right?

I'm not either but the way I see it, then they will be literally stealing the entire show segment by segment. With them having some differences they can get away with it. Car reviews and other fun segments in pure jest can be defended. But if they steal that part, then BBC can argue that it's a carbon copy to the very last detail.

ok so they got back to basics with eps 3. 10/10 i laughed a good amount in this eps. its nothing new from prev top gear eps, and that is fine. i mean if it ain't broke why fix it?

celeb brain crash or w.e is still there. :lol: idk im over it but if they want to stick it to the bbc, well then ok. i still say a lawsuit if they interview a celeb is rubbish. great eps tho :pimp:

Ok, finally watched episodes 2 & 3.  2 was just so-so... I didn't really enjoy the SAS bit.  It started off just ok-funny, but it kept going and was too drawn out.  Episode 3 was better and back to their old self.

Are they really gonna stick with that hillbilly testdriver? 
laugh.gif

Ok, finally watched episodes 2 & 3.  2 was just so-so... I didn't really enjoy the SAS bit.  It started off just ok-funny, but it kept going and was too drawn out.  Episode 3 was better and back to their old self.

Are they really gonna stick with that hillbilly testdriver? :lol:

we are used to the stig so the hillbilly is hard to get used to. he's kind of corny. i can see a new driver next season tho

eps 3 and 4 was great.

That confused me - I was on a plane today so downloaded the latest episode. When it started I went back and checked because it looked the same - thankfully I gave it a few seconds and it became clear.

Pretty entertaining episode.

man i watched this show for the first time yesterday and man this show looks phenomenal on my 4k hdr set streaming from amazon in 4k hdr they really picked the right format to really show all the details on the cars. :pimp:

man that ferrari red is something to be seen on a 4k hdr set.

The Finnish episode was pretty good.  I have an irrational hatred for Ferrari, but that Ferrari/Ford Le Mans segment was really good and educational.  

I could have sworn Jezza was gonna hurt himself on that roller-boots thingy. 
laugh.gif

That was great - streaming in 4K on my new TV too.

Looking forward to part 2 tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom