Toronto Raptors Off-Season Post: Home of the Red, White, and BLACK

WHOAWhoawhoawhoawhoa.

So in 2010 they gotta spend to keep bosh anyway?

676eyrq.jpg

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

WHOAWhoawhoawhoawhoa.

676eyrq.jpg

Theres plenty of time to re-sign CB4 to a longterm deal while letting go of JO after 2010 so why you sweatin'?

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Dude just put a home jersey when we are the away team
roll.gif
roll.gif

Priceless.

lol I wanted a pic with some other raps but i couldnt find a bargnani pose close enough to fit that JO pic.. didnt think it'd get figured out THISquick

Originally Posted by brrraptors

WHOAWhoawhoawhoawhoa.

676eyrq.jpg

Theres plenty of time to re-sign CB4 to a longterm deal while letting go of JO after 2010 so why you sweatin'?
I think BC is going to sign him midseason of 09.

I think Kapono's contract is going to kill us in the long run more than JO

Since this trade is "official" i think the Raptors should bring up Roko Ukic as our back up.
He seems to be a very good pg from the highlight vids i've seen on youtube.
laugh.gif

And great PS you did soulize.

Worst-case scenario: O'Neal is done, but in the 2009-10 season he is a US$23-million expiring contract/trade chip to be bartered before the most anticipated free-agent class in league history, which could theoretically include LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Kobe Bryant, Yao Ming, Dirk Nowitzki, Manu Ginobili, Carlos Boozer, Michael Jordan, Jesus, Pele, and Tiger Woods, or thereabouts. Even if he isn't dealt, O'Neal's deal comes off the cap in time to re-sign Bosh, and for some shopping.

laugh.gif
Oh F.

onealraptorslm9.jpg

nice.

Since this trade is "official" i think the Raptors should bring up Roko Ukic as our back up.
who's going to backup point if he doesnt come to the nba?

Im pretty sure Roko will come. We have him signed to angreement if I remember correctly.

If not, Carlos Delfino...
But dude should be forced to shoot only one jumper per quarter... that has to be inside the arc...
smile.gif

If Roko doesnt come, we will definately have to look around for a point guard.

From Raptors.com... parts bolded for emphasis
Report: Jermaine O'Neal Headed to Toronto

TORONTO (Canadian Press - It appears T.J. Ford's days in Toronto are done.

On the eve of the NBA draft, Raptors president and GM Bryan Colangelo reportedly agreed in principle to a deal to send Ford, plus Rasho Nesterovic, the team's No. 17 pick in Thursday's draft, and a player to be named later to Indiana for forward Jermaine O'Neal.

The deal would not be finalized until after July 9th and the league's signing moratorium.

oneal_062608_220.jpg
Earlier in the day, Colangelo said he was in the midst of four or five conversations with teams involving the point guard, saying he and Ford had come to an amicable agreement at season's end to find him another team.

"We're talking about a player in T.J. that's an asset, a starting point guard in the NBA," Colangelo said. "There's been a lot of interest, and teams that have called and inquired have not put deals on the table that have been insulting in any regard. In fact, it's pretty apparent that T.J.'s value is very high."

O'Neal is a six-time all-star, but is coming off a couple of injury-plagued seasons, playing just 42 games for Indiana this past season because of a problematic knee. He will earn US$44 million over the next two seasons.

The Raptors and Phoenix Suns had been rumoured to be talking about a trade for Boris Diaw, while another report had the Raptors talking to Detroit about swapping Ford for Richard Hamilton.

"We are holding our cards close to the vest right now as we need to," Colangelo said. "Some of the deals could make us significantly better."

Ford shared point guard duties with Jose Calderon this past season, but what had originally been one of the team's biggest strengths turned into its Achilles heel, Colangelo said, with the two battling for minutes.

ford_062608_220.jpg
The Raptors are keen to hold onto Calderon as their starting point guard when he becomes a free agent July 1, rendering Ford's role almost obsolete.

While the Raptors lose their No. 17 pick in this deal in what Colangelo called a deep draft, the GM said he was interested in acquiring another pick, perhaps late in the first or in the second round.

"There's a couple of bigs that we feel could step into an NBA game and contribute. There's also a couple of bigs that have great upside that would be considered longterm projects. We're intrigued by both those scenarios," Colangelo said. "There's also one or two wings that we feel could potentially step into an NBA game right now."

The Raptors need to add some toughness, and improve on defence and rebounding.

Among the players Colangelo said are intriguing: Stanford's Robin Lopez, Alexis Ajinca of France, DeAndre Jordan (Texas A&M), JaVale McGee (Nevada) and Roy Hibbert (Georgetown), as well as Ante Tomic of Croatia and Omer Asik of Turkey, who would probably require another season or two in Europe to develop.

Among the power forwards available, Colangelo mentioned Jason Thompson (Rider), Darrell Arthur (Kansas), Marreese Speights (Florida), J.J. Hickson (NC State), and D.J. White from Indiana, who Colangelo said had a great workout for the Raptors.

The Raptors had the No. 17 pick in 2001, selecting Villanova forward Michael Bradley ahead of Jason Collins, Zach Randolph and Brendan Haywood.

Toronto didn't have a pick last season, but Colangelo made a late-night deal, swapping the team's second-round pick for this year to San Antonio for Greek forward Giorgos Printezis.
We could have had RIP?

Thats it. I quit...

Then again, if yall hate me for showing love to AP, you all would dispise me for showing love for RIP's game... One of my favorite current NBA'ers

Damnit BC... not mad with Jermaine... but... urg.

Yeah, we were talking about this on ISS yesterday...it was all over realgm as well.

Rip, Diaw, Marion, Crawford/Curry/Randolph, Frye/Webster and possibly RJ were all linked to the Raptors trade rumors...

I'm good with JO...for now. We need to make another move.

Just for interest sake, Im posting the Free-Agents of this summer.
Im going to assume that we are going to go after a vet PG for not too much cash...

Key: ETO = Early Termination Option; P = Player Option; T = Team Option; '07 QO's = BOLD

[h2]Atlanta Hawks[/h2]
Restricted: Josh Childress, Jeremy Richardson, Josh Smith, Salim Stoudamire, Mario West

Unrestricted: None

Limited Salary Protection: None

[h2]Boston Celtics[/h2]
Restricted: Tony Allen

Unrestricted: P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, Eddie House, Scot Pollard, James Posey

Limited Salary Protection: Leon Powe (no salary protection if waived on or before 7/15/08, thereafter full)

[h2]Charlotte Bobcats[/h2]
Restricted: Jermareo Davidson (T), Ryan Hollins, Emeka Okafor

Unrestricted: Derek Anderson, Earl Boykins, Othella Harrington (T)

[h2]Chicago Bulls[/h2]
Restricted: Luol Deng, Demetris Nichols, Ben Gordon

Unrestricted: Shannon Brown, Chris Duhon

Limited Salary Protection: JamesOn Curry (salary protection of $100,000 will increase to $250,000 if not waived on or before 7/31/08 and to full if not waived on or before 10/31/08)

[h2]Cleveland Cavaliers[/h2]
Restricted: Daniel Gibson, Dwayne Jones, Delonte West

Unrestricted: Devin Brown

Limited Salary Protection: Lance Allred (no salary protection), Billy Thomas (no salary protection)

[h2]Dallas Mavericks[/h2]
Restricted: Jose Juan Barea

Unrestricted: Malik Allen, Devean George, Eddie Jones (P), Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue, Jamaal Magloire, Antoine Wright

Limited Salary Protection: Brandon Bass (no salary protection if waived on or before 10/1/08, thereafter full)

[h2]Denver Nuggets[/h2]
Restricted: Yakhouba Diawara, J.R. Smith

Unrestricted: Anthony Carter, Eduardo Najera

Limited Salary Protection: Bobby Jones (no salary protection if waived on or before 8/15/08, therafter full), Taurean Green (no salary protection if waived on or before 8/1/08, thereafter full)

[h2]Detroit Pistons[/h2]
Restricted: Alex Acker, Walter Herrmann

Unrestricted: Juan Dixon, Jarvis Hayes, Lindsey Hunter, Theo Ratliff

[h2]Golden State Warriors[/h2]
Restricted: Kelenna Azubuike, Andris Biedrins, Monta Ellis

Unrestricted: Matt Barnes, Austin Croshere, Baron Davis (ETO), Patrick O'Bryant, Mickael Pietrus

Limited Salary Protection: C.J. Watson (no salary protection if waived on or before 7/25/08, thereafter will increase to $100,000)

[h2]Houston Rockets[/h2]
Restricted: Carl Landry, Steve Novak (T)

Unrestricted: Dikembe Mutombo

Limited Salary Protection: Mike Harris (no salary protection), Loren Woods (no salary protection, but will increase to $166,400 if not waived prior to 8/15/08 and to $312,800 if not waived on or before 8/31/08)

[h2]Indiana Pacers[/h2]
Restricted: David Harrison, Andre Owens

Unrestricted: Flip Murray, Kareem Rush

[h2]Los Angeles Clippers[/h2]
Restricted: Paul Davis, Nick Fazekas, Shaun Livingston, Marcus Williams

Unrestricted: Elton Brand (ETO), Dan Dickau, Corey Maggette (ETO), Smush Parker, Quinton Ross

Limited Salary Protection: Josh Powell (no salary protection if waived prior to 7/31/08, thereafter full)

[h2]Los Angeles Lakers[/h2]
Restricted: DJ Mbenga, Ronny Turiaf, Sasha Vujacic

Unrestricted: Ira Newble

Limited Salary Protection: Coby Karl (no salary protection, but will increase to $100,000 if not waived prior to the day before the first day of the 2008-09 season)

[h2]Memphis Grizzlies[/h2]
Restricted: Andre Brown, Juan Carlos Navarro

Unrestricted: Kwame Brown, Casey Jacobsen

[h2]Miami Heat[/h2]
Restricted: Blake Ahearn, Chris Quinn, Kasib Powell, Dorell Wright

Unrestricted: Earl Barron, Ricky Davis, Shawn Marion (ETO), Alonzo Mourning, Jason Williams

Limited Salary Protection: Joel Anthony (no salary protection if waived on or before 7/25/08, thereafter full), Stephane Lasme (salary protection of $100,000 will increase to $300,000 if not waived on or before 7/22/08, to $400,000 if not waived on or before 9/16/08 and to full if not waived on or before 10/26/08)

[h2]Milwaukee Bucks[/h2]
Restricted: Ersan Ilyasova, Awvee Storey (T)

Unrestricted: Royal Ivey, Michael Ruffin, Jake Voskuhl

Limited Salary Protection: Ramon Sessions (no salary protection if waived on or before 7/1/08, thereafter full)

[h2]Minnesota Timberwolves[/h2]
Restricted: Ryan Gomes, Craig Smith, Chris Richard, Kirk Snyder, Sebastian Telfair

Unrestricted: Michael Doleac

[h2]New Jersey Nets[/h2]
Restricted: Nenad Krstic

Unrestricted: Darrell Armstrong, DeSagana Diop, Bostjan Nachbar, Stromile Swift (P)

Limited Salary Protection: Keith Van Horn (no salary protection)

[h2]New Orleans Hornets[/h2]
Restricted: None

Unrestricted: Chris Andersen, Ryan Bowen, Melvin Ely (P), Jannero Pargo, Bonzi Wells

[h2]New York Knicks[/h2]
Restricted: Randolph Morris

Unrestricted: Fred Jones

[h2]Orlando Magic[/h2]
Restricted: James Augustine

Unrestricted: Carlos Arroyo, Keith Bogans (P), Keyon Dooling, Maurice Evans, Adonal Foyle, Pat Garrity

Limited Salary Protection: Marcin Gortat (salary protection for $177,879 will increase to full if not waived on or before 7/31/08)

[h2]Philadelphia 76ers[/h2]
Restricted: Louis Amundson, Herbert Hill, Andre Iguodala, Shavlik Randolph, Louis Williams

Unrestricted: Kevin Ollie

[h2]Phoenix Suns[/h2]

Unrestricted: Gordan Giricek, Grant Hill (P), Linton Johnson, Sean Marks, Eric Piatkowski, Brian Skinner

Limited Salary Protection: .J. Strawberry (no salary protection, but will increase to $200,000 if not waived on or before 10/31/08)

[h2]Portland Trail Blazers[/h2]
Restricted: Von Wafer

Unrestricted: James Jones (P)

[h2]Sacramento Kings[/h2]

Unrestricted: Ron Artest (ETO), Kenny Thomas (ETO), Beno Udrih, Anthony Johnson, Lorenzen Wright

[h2]San Antonio Spurs[/h2]

Unrestricted: Brent Barry (P), Michael Finley, Robert Horry, DerMarr Johnson, Damon Stoudamire, Kurt Thomas, Jacque Vaughn (P)

[h2]Seattle SuperSonics[/h2]
Restricted: Mickael Gelabale, Robert Swift

Unrestricted: Ronald Dupree, Francisco Elson

Limited Salary Protection: Adrian Griffin

[h2]Toronto Raptors[/h2]
Restricted: Jose Calderon, Carlos Delfino

Unrestricted: Primoz Brezec

[h2]Utah Jazz[/h2]
Restricted: C.J. Miles, Paul Millsap (T)

Unrestricted: None

[h2]Washington Wizards[/h2]

Unrestricted: Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Roger Mason

I would have loved Webster coming into TO as well. But we already have Jamario... I think Webster is better, and has better potential as well.
If we got any, and I mean ANY Knick players, I would renounce Raptorism.

Im thinking BC may go after Mighty Mouse? Possibly?

From Raptors.com... parts bolded for emphasis
Report: Jermaine O'Neal Headed to Toronto

TORONTO (Canadian Press - It appears T.J. Ford's days in Toronto are done.

On the eve of the NBA draft, Raptors president and GM Bryan Colangelo reportedly agreed in principle to a deal to send Ford, plus Rasho Nesterovic, the team's No. 17 pick in Thursday's draft, and a player to be named later to Indiana for forward Jermaine O'Neal.

The deal would not be finalized until after July 9th and the league's signing moratorium.

oneal_062608_220.jpg
Earlier in the day, Colangelo said he was in the midst of four or five conversations with teams involving the point guard, saying he and Ford had come to an amicable agreement at season's end to find him another team.

"We're talking about a player in T.J. that's an asset, a starting point guard in the NBA," Colangelo said. "There's been a lot of interest, and teams that have called and inquired have not put deals on the table that have been insulting in any regard. In fact, it's pretty apparent that T.J.'s value is very high."

O'Neal is a six-time all-star, but is coming off a couple of injury-plagued seasons, playing just 42 games for Indiana this past season because of a problematic knee. He will earn US$44 million over the next two seasons.

The Raptors and Phoenix Suns had been rumoured to be talking about a trade for Boris Diaw, while another report had the Raptors talking to Detroit about swapping Ford for Richard Hamilton.

"We are holding our cards close to the vest right now as we need to," Colangelo said. "Some of the deals could make us significantly better."

Ford shared point guard duties with Jose Calderon this past season, but what had originally been one of the team's biggest strengths turned into its Achilles heel, Colangelo said, with the two battling for minutes.

ford_062608_220.jpg
The Raptors are keen to hold onto Calderon as their starting point guard when he becomes a free agent July 1, rendering Ford's role almost obsolete.

While the Raptors lose their No. 17 pick in this deal in what Colangelo called a deep draft, the GM said he was interested in acquiring another pick, perhaps late in the first or in the second round.

"There's a couple of bigs that we feel could step into an NBA game and contribute. There's also a couple of bigs that have great upside that would be considered longterm projects. We're intrigued by both those scenarios," Colangelo said. "There's also one or two wings that we feel could potentially step into an NBA game right now."

The Raptors need to add some toughness, and improve on defence and rebounding.

Among the players Colangelo said are intriguing: Stanford's Robin Lopez, Alexis Ajinca of France, DeAndre Jordan (Texas A&M), JaVale McGee (Nevada) and Roy Hibbert (Georgetown), as well as Ante Tomic of Croatia and Omer Asik of Turkey, who would probably require another season or two in Europe to develop.

Among the power forwards available, Colangelo mentioned Jason Thompson (Rider), Darrell Arthur (Kansas), Marreese Speights (Florida), J.J. Hickson (NC State), and D.J. White from Indiana, who Colangelo said had a great workout for the Raptors.

The Raptors had the No. 17 pick in 2001, selecting Villanova forward Michael Bradley ahead of Jason Collins, Zach Randolph and Brendan Haywood.

Toronto didn't have a pick last season, but Colangelo made a late-night deal, swapping the team's second-round pick for this year to San Antonio for Greek forward Giorgos Printezis.
We could have had RIP?

Thats it. I quit...

Then again, if yall hate me for showing love to AP, you all would dispise me for showing love for RIP's game... One of my favorite current NBA'ers

Damnit BC... not mad with Jermaine... but... urg.

No, Detriot was trying to get Calderon.

That makes it a bit more interesting.
Rip has experience, and IMO is much better than Jose...

What if we did the TJ for Rip. Would anybody like that?

That wasn't an option. They wanted Calderon for Rip.

Rip would just give us a another jump shooter.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

That wasn't an option. They wanted Calderon for Rip.

Rip would just give us a another jump shooter.
But dude is an actual good jumpshooter.
If he were on the team, he would force TJ to give him the ball moving off screens.

Not a bad scenario... but Im happy with JO.

they could have gotten rip?!!!!!!!!!!

317gxnr.jpg

rip hamilton, jose calderon is not.

i dont care if they wanted calderon, tj is a chucker but a backcourt of tj and rip is better than what calderon will become.

I really don't think Rip makes us that much better. He's really not that much different Kapono except he plays better defense and more athletic and itdoesn't solve our biggest problem. I think a healthy JO makes us much better than having Rip.

But Rip is exactly what were needing; a slasher. Dude can create his own shot by driving to the hole, as well as come off screens and make the right play.

Rip isn't that great of a slasher/finisher in comparison...he's a great shooter off screens and creating his own shot off the dribble, but Iwouldn't put him in the same class as Maggette, let's say, in terms of getting to the hole, finishing and/or getting to the free throw line.

Back
Top Bottom