Toronto Raptors Off-Season Post: Home of the Red, White, and BLACK

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

This just in:

Andrea Bargnani to be on the cover of NBA Live 09 (Italian Editions only),( parker/france, gasol/spain. deng/uk)

Also the italian version of the game comes with a few gameplay tweaks.

The game allows only 3's to be taken and rebounding is not allowed.

Also gamers can now take advantage of the new, drive all the way to the open basket and kick function.

Early game fouling frequency has also been racheted up 300%.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

This just in:

Andrea Bargnani to be on the cover of NBA Live 09 (Italian Editions only),( parker/france, gasol/spain. deng/uk)

Also the italian version of the game comes with a few gameplay tweaks.

The game allows only 3's to be taken and rebounding is not allowed.

Also gamers can now take advantage of the new, drive all the way to the open basket and kick function.

Early game fouling frequency has also been racheted up 300%.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Clutch FTW

Anyway, Carlos I see what your saying... but realistically how much better can the team be? With the players we have, how can we make moves that will improve the team to get to the top 4 in the conference like two years ago?

I definately agree, saying we are not a lock for playoffs. But what moves can be made to improve the team then?
-Draft an NBA ready player at 17
-Trade Ford for a starting SF or SG
-Sign a back-up Centre
-Trade Rasho to a team looking for cap space
-Sign a backup PG

Moon, Parker, Kapono should not be starters in the NBA.

The jury is still out on Bargnani.

is bargs really that popular in italy that EA is going to sell games off of him?

im pretty pumped for this draft. feels like something is in the works.

^ Well he is only one of two italian players in the NBA (Belinelli being the 2nd)

and he was the 1st ever European taken with the overall draft pick.

So I would expect that he would be pretty popular in Italia.

indifferent.gif
Clutch
2. Kevin Love will is NOT worth a lottery pick.
3. I really wish we kept this pick Bantum would be a good gamble.
4. We STILL don't have any permiter scoring.
5. Bargnani playing the 3?
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
@ Bryan Colangelo.

indifferent.gif
@ drafting Bargnani

indifferent.gif
@ keeping Sam Mitchell as coach

indifferent.gif
@ signing Jason Crapono

indifferent.gif
@ trading away our top 2 trading assets AND our #17 pick for aplayer as agile as Terry Fox

I have no reason to watch the draft tomorrow.

Rasho could've been traded later at the deadline (expiring contract) for a pretty good player. We also could've waited until next summer and had $10mill in cap room. The #17 pick could've been someone useful.

Toronto sports are dead. The Leafs are rebuilding from scratch, the Blue Jays are a $100 million club playing .500 ball and the Craptors just traded away alltheir assets for a player that hasn't been useful in 4 years.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Lets hope Ford or JO fail the physical?

I wish I knew were Ford lived in the city, I'd place a banana peel on his doorstep.
laugh.gif
You and me both
laugh.gif

Watch. JO will pull a Derek Anderson/Alonzo Mourning... nothing has to be said to explain that
laugh.gif

If that happens...

Nah, it wont happen.

When Bargnani gives his HOF of fame speech I will laugh at you all.
pimp.gif

Also what the hell is our cap situation?

Jermain O'neal from now is going to be referred to as 44 Million dollar 2010 expiring contract...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

When Bargnani gives his HOF of fame speech I will laugh at you all.
pimp.gif
And I will slap myself in my face for doubting him.

Honestly, I will.

But as of right now, he is a project that needs some major, MAJOR work.

Dude was drafted on strictly potential. Lets hope he gets ahold of that potential, and lets loose this year.

Someone photoshop LeBron James in a Raptors jersey...as of right now, that's the only rational I see in BC's decision making
smh.gif

Usually when a team trades away a terrible contract, they also include a 1st round draft pick as well. I dont understand why the Raptors had to include a 1stround pick for a guy making $44 mill in the next 2 years. The Pacers should be happy that they now have a starting PG and $13 million in cap relief for nextsummer.

Honestly this trade was a gamble but if Jermain O'neal is healthy he gives us that interior defense we need plus once his giant *%# contract comes off thebooks we can make some REAL moves. like you guys said were still along way away from being good.

That 17 pick was worthless to us, the only person worth picking was Bantum. TJ Ford clearly wasn't going to give us +!%*, did you really want Nocioni fromthe Bulls or Haslem from the heat? The Rasho expiring wasn't going to get us any thing by it's self. BC had to make a move, he wasn't just going tosit on his hands.

^ brilliant move by colangelo!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka have fun with joneal dude is an athletic specimen.. i wonder if he can still dunk?

Honestly this trade was a gamble but if Jermain O'neal is healthy he gives us that interior defense we need plus once his giant *%# contract comes off the books we can make some REAL moves. like you guys said were still along way away from being good.

That 17 pick was worthless to us, the only person worth picking was Bantum. TJ Ford clearly wasn't going to give us +!%*, did you really want Nocioni from the Bulls or Haslem from the heat? The Rasho expiring wasn't going to get us any thing by it's self. BC had to make a move, he wasn't just going to sit on his hands.

That makes me feel a little better...

Still, its a very big risk. The 11 pick should have come with it.

Honestly this trade was a gamble but if Jermain O'neal is healthy he gives us that interior defense we need plus once his giant *%# contract comes off the books we can make some REAL moves. like you guys said were still along way away from being good.

That 17 pick was worthless to us, the only person worth picking was Bantum. TJ Ford clearly wasn't going to give us +!%*, did you really want Nocioni from the Bulls or Haslem from the heat? The Rasho expiring wasn't going to get us any thing by it's self. BC had to make a move, he wasn't just going to sit on his hands.

That makes me feel a little better...

Still, its a very big risk. The 11 pick should have come with it.
laugh.gif

Not for a TJ Ford.

I already said this in the other thread, but it's a great trade for ya'll....you get a former all-star for a player that was on his way out anywaybecause of Calderon

But the problem is how will he hold up (response to JPZx)
If dude is injured, thats 44 mil gone down the drain.

I'm confident that before a team trades for a player coming back from an injury, they make sure that he's all good and ready to play...I mean they,would be dumb if they DIDN'T do that...I think this trade will work out for you guys, and even if it does happen to work out, it still kind of will. Youstill got depth at the PG spot so you're not losing anything there, the money is an issue though, I see you there.

But the problem is how will he hold up (response to JPZx)
If dude is injured, thats 44 mil gone down the drain.
But if he pans out?
pimp.gif

And again, look at the 2010 FA pool.

At the very least, you can let his big number come off the books and become a big time player in 2010.

Look I can't really blame BC.

1. Were not that good, like Tevez said were on the way out of the playoffs.
2. The only worthwhile pick was a big risk.(Bantum)
3. We need interior defense in a big bad way.
4. Udonis Haslem and Nocioni were the other options, neither address any of our needs aside from toughness
5. Nesterovic contract isn't big enough to help us
6. This free agent class is of no use to us.
7. Bargnani is still the center of the future, inhibiting the point of moving up
8. He has to get rid of TJ NOW.
9. We need perimiter scoring.

A. He sits on his hands and takes %#%@ from every one.
B. He takes either Nocioni or Haslem and we fall out of the playoffs or borderline 7-8 seed
C. He takes a risk on bantum and pray he can flurishes into a great player. menwhile adressing none of our needs

OR

D. He takes a risk on a player that IF healthy fixes are biggest glaring weakness and has a expring contract that come off the book during one of the best freeagent clases in recent history. If it fails we get a loterry pick and start over.

Back
Top Bottom