Toronto Raptors Off-Season Post: Home of the Red, White, and BLACK

Sucks to see Chuck go. I'm ok with either Paul Jones or Eric Smith...or maybe it's because I'm so used to listening to them since FAN590 is my onlyreliable commentary for a Raptors game.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

zkiznt.jpg

Yes, he's got an impressive stroke for a 7 footer. Yes, he's mobile. Yes, every once in a while he will pull out a jaw dropping play.

BUT, he's also soft, unmotivated, inconsistent. Things that over history we've seen are, the majority of the time, hard for players to shake.

He's going to nothing more than a set shooter A LOT sooner than people think.

Why would you trade him while he's on his rookie contract? Thats like folding in poker when you're the big blind, it just doesn't makesense.
He'd only be a Junior in College, dude has so much time to blossom. Dirk put in work in the Euroleague before he became the player he is today,Bargs is so young.
If you think Bargnani will become a set shooter you lack credibility. Dude shows that he wants to drive. Its just that he doesn't rebound and sometimesgoes cold from the outside. All that stuff is workable. His defense has improved as well. He can only get better numbskull.

Jamario Moon making the All-Rookie second team earlier this week.
pimp.gif

Now this.
Raptors Exercise Option On Moon

moon_051408_insider.jpg
The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have exercised the team option on the contract of forward Jamario Moon for the 2008-09 season. Per team policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

"We are very proud of Jamario for what he has accomplished and for the way he handled himself this year," said Bryan Colangelo, president and general manager of the Raptors. "Jamario's path to the NBA and the Toronto Raptors is a great example of perseverance."

Moon, 6-foot-8, 205 pounds was signed to a free agent contract July 10, 2007. He appeared in 78 games this past season, averaging 8.5 points, 6.2 rebounds, second on the team, and a team-best 1.38 blocks. He set a club record for starts by a rookie with 75.

Moon was named to the 2007-08 T-Mobile NBA All-Rookie Second Team, and participated in the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge and Sprite Slam Dunk contest during All-Star Weekend in New Orleans. He ranked first among NBA rookies in steals (1.03), second in blocks (1.38), third in rebounds (6.2), fourth in minutes (27.
glasses.gif
and 10th in scoring (8.5). He became the seventh player in team history to receive NBA Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month honours when he averaged 10.2 points and 5.9 rebounds in January, while shooting .516 from the field and .889 at the foul line.

I'm happy.

Jamario shouldnt be starting for an NBA team, but he fits in our team. Honestly, I would like to see this lineup. I know its small ball, but against some teamswe can run and gun.

5-Bosh
4-Moon
3-Kapono
2-Parker
1-Jose

I know its small, but against some teams (example Washington with an athletic 4), it may work.

Im looking for BC to make a major move tho. Its going to happen, just no idea when.

Now that it's June, I wonder who we're gonna take in the draft.

Some mock drafts say we're getting Robin Lopez.
sick.gif

and some say random names like Jerryd Bayless or another Euro by the name of Nicolas Baturn (the hell?)

Discuss?

btw, I aint new. You guys can still call me Apoc.
wink.gif

I just got a bit of banishment.
laugh.gif

I knew, as soon as I saw the SN, it was you Apoc.
Banned for what?

Anyway, this is what I would love to see. Trade up to get Brook Lopez, or OJ Mayo. I think those two players could be used quite a bit for us, and would workwell in the future.

Thats no fun.

So what, 7K posts gone down the drain?
Should have wasted that on a cavs fan. Would have made you feel much better.
laugh.gif

I don't understand the Raptors. They are the Syracuse of the NBA. Extremely talented but not used to their potential.

I really like Ford and Calderon together starting but I guess it doesn't work that way...my best guess is to see if Colangelo can bring in a slasher likesomeone recommended earlier.

We need to trade up, Rasho expiring and TJ Ford, have to be worth something.

I like Nocioni but how different is he from Garbajosa.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

More athletic. Garbo is good, but I think Nocioni is much better. Also, with Garbo's injury, I think he wont be the same player. Nocioni however,seems to have his "groove" in how he plays. Not sure if that is the right word, but he just has his own kind of game, where as Garbo may have to findhis game again.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Agreed with Boykz. He can run the floor much better than Garbo.

And plus, he isnt as injury prone
laugh.gif

No one here should ever mention Garbo's name again. His career as a Raptor is done. Luckily his contract expires next summer.

I hope BC can do something to get someone with a tough interior presence. One guy that I really thought could be it was Humphries, Im a bit disappointedbecause I wanna see him go after the boards much much harder. It can be argued that he hasn't been given enough time during the games to really develop andfit in better into his roles. He needs to be more tenacious in the rebounding, sorta like a rodman or barkley in attitude, and have a much better defensivepresence.

I have no problem with Moon being on the starting squad, his energy and athleticism is key! The guy should go harder to the basket but he plays much biggerthan his size on the defensive end and the raps really need every bit of that.

Its too bad that its looking like TJ and Jose can't be the PG duo that they were in the first half of last season, but I personally prefer Jose's play.Hes more controlled, rarely turns it over, hits some key 3s, distributes the ball every bit as good as most NBA starting 1s.

^ truth right there.

If Humph gets the playtime, I think he will crash boards alot more. Thats just me though. He is never guaranteed playtime. Its always just random
laugh.gif

Bosh is covering the Finals for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno

bf01ab6ca721d8b88565121fdbc6d612-getty-81330572jm022_media_avail.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 4: Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors interviews Derek Fisher of the Los Angeles Lakers during media availability of the 2008 NBA Finals on June4, 2008 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using thisPhotograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2008 NBAE (Photo by JoeMurphy/NBAE via Getty Images)
NBAE/Getty Images Email to a Friend | View Popular

sweet!.. i hear bosh has been working on more characters for his videos. cant wait to see what hes got in store
hes a fun dude, its refreshing to see the lighter side of players we follow all season long as opposed to the cliche interviews. someone confirm when its gonnaair, i gotta watch it!

Most likely, in Canada, we wont see it, because basketball is forbidden.
If I miss, I gotta have a copy
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Friggin Bosh should spend his entire summer in the weight room. If Iever see him shoot a 3 again I will jump off the CN Tower.

Back
Top Bottom