Toronto Raptors Off-Season Post: Home of the Red, White, and BLACK

I can't fathom any situation where anyone other than Andrea Bargnani is the starting C next year.

If we do a get a big he won't be young and were NOT going to pick one in the draft.

^ no?

who do you believe the choice is going to be?

imo any choice other than a big would be irresponsible.

interior d is the major glaring weakness of this team.

i think rlopez would be a solid call in that range.

i dont support moving that selecton unless its really a great deal or moving up.
That said.. How can you complain about O'Neal's injury proneness when 1 bad hit could end TJ Ford's career?

difference is that jo is already busted .

tj only missed time last season because of that cheapshot bs.

what's the word on this batum fellow?

ive seen him in a wide range of draft positions around the net.

Yeah, Ive seen Batum all around the board too.

Clutch touched on the major point, our interior D is the weakest part of our team. Thats really all that needs to be said, other than BC has to fix it.

i think mario chalmers would be a solid selection as well.

if they're intent on moving tj then Miracle is a proven ballhawk who has shown that he has great poise in the most important of games.

im gonna try to find some vids of lopez and batum.

Parker wont be a Raptor after next season. He shouldn't be a starter in the NBA, more of a 6th or 7th man.

WWWWHAAAAT
sick.gif
parker is leaving after next year?
the guy is an awesome 6th man imo, raps should try to keep him but i guess its too late

I personally want a rugger interior rebounder/hustler over the need for a slashing guard. I am gonna sit very tight the next lil while and wait for BC to makehis move. I have faith in that man, I am hoping he pulls something out of the hat that nobody has speculated yet.

Dude is my favorite present day Raptor (Bosh all time)

Man, I am deeply saddened. I loved his game.

Well, Parker is being traded this year. If BC were smart, get something of value in return.

yeah parker is a good ball player man.. dude doesnt want the spotlight, isn't flashy, isnt selfish .. just goes out there and plays every night

i totally respect his attitude and his game, he can rain 3s when hes feelin it or slash it to the rim. BC is really gonna have to try and fill that void hesgonna leave after next season. i still cant believe he wants to leave

ethanlee29, you got any more info on that? I want to see why he wants to leave. Then I will go to Toronto, picket outside the ACC, and make sure he stays withthe team.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

^ no?

who do you believe the choice is going to be?

imo any choice other than a big would be irresponsible.

interior d is the major glaring weakness of this team.

i think rlopez would be a solid call in that range.

i dont support moving that selecton unless its really a great deal or moving up.
That said.. How can you complain about O'Neal's injury proneness when 1 bad hit could end TJ Ford's career?

difference is that jo is already busted .

tj only missed time last season because of that cheapshot bs.

what's the word on this batum fellow?

ive seen him in a wide range of draft positions around the net.

BC still believes Bargnani is the long term future at C. Aside from the fact that Robin will be GARBAGE in the league he's not picking anyone thatcould usurp or further hinder Bargnani's development.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I want to see why he wants to leave. Then I will go to Toronto, picket outside the ACC, and make sure he stays with the team.

you can pick me up on the way through and we'll show 'em who really runs this team,
laugh.gif

we'll make the raps the first publicly owned, traded, and run team
eek.gif

it's a shame. parker is my fav raptor.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I want to see why he wants to leave. Then I will go to Toronto, picket outside the ACC, and make sure he stays with the team.

you can pick me up on the way through and we'll show 'em who really runs this team,
laugh.gif

we'll make the raps the first publicly owned, traded, and run team
eek.gif

it's a shame. parker is my fav raptor.
Well works for you cuz im coming from the land that is flat and dry...(hopefully thats not what she said).
And if we could make it a publically owned, traded, and run team...
eek.gif
is right. I freakin wish.

the toronto raptors very interesting ball club very interesting fans... i would even go as far to say that they are among the most passionate in the leaguealong with boston, golden state, detroit, and old school sac town..... the sea of red in this years playoffs was the most intimidating crowd throughout theplayoffs. If only they advanced.

The problem with this team is very simple they are straight up soft. They are built around soft players, and these guys dont back each other up. I remembersomeone ont his board posted up videos of all the times the raptors got into a near altercation and no one on the raptors came to the defence of a fellowplayer. Bosh is a leader he plays with intensity but sometimes he suffers from kg syndrome and looks lost out there unsure of what to do whether to take overthe game or defer to his teammates. A guy like Al Horford would have helped this team a lot. Someone with excellent interior defence capabilities and ahardworker who will not back down.

Calderon is excellent, plays the point guard position the way it should be played, parker is a great role player who plays great defence and can knock downopen threes... but aside from calderon, parker, bosh. This team is LACKING. Delfino is one of hte most inconsistent players in the game so he doesnt evencount. Babcock really +!%#%@ you guys over with his terrible drafting. You need a big guy, who can hustle, block shots, intimidate. Someone who doesnt backdown. Thats more of an issue right now than drafting any guard. Calderon should play 35-38 minutes a game. parker should get a lot of minutes but this teamneeds someone with a never back down attitude.

I like the raptors their a good squad, but sometimes watching them makes you think theyre so close yet so far away of attaining a tier 1 team. Team needstoughness with the quickness

Straight up draft KIMBO slice ...

^^^Pretty accurate analysis.

Parker got offered an enormous contract to go play in Greece. Something along the lines of double what he earns in the NBA and its a relatively long term deal(4 years). I dont care if he stays or goes, he's more of a back-up in the NBA, you dont see many shooting guards in the NBA who play 35 minutes a gameonly average 12 ppg.

Take a look at his playoff stats against Orlando and New Jersey. He's just another player over-rated by Raptor fans.

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 28[/td] [td]@ ORL[/td] [td]L 92-102[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]43:59[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]37.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]33.3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]100.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]11[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 26[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]L 94-106[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]37:06[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]46.2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]12[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 24[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]W 108-94[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]37:03[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]40.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]25.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]10[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 22[/td] [td]@ ORL[/td] [td]L 103-104[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]38:25[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 20[/td] [td]@ ORL[/td] [td]L 100-114[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]39:14[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]87.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]24[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Total[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]39:12[/td] [td] [/td] [td]20[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]40.8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]29.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]12[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]85.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]30[/td] [td] [/td] [td]10[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] May 4[/td] [td]@ NJN[/td] [td]L 97-98[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]40:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]44.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]66.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] May 1[/td] [td]NJN[/td] [td]W 98-96[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]45:40[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]41.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]100.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]18[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]M[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Def[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 29[/td] [td]@ NJN[/td] [td]L 81-102[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]28:14[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]16.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]75.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 27[/td] [td]@ NJN[/td] [td]L 89-102[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]39:10[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]25.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]87.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]14[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 24[/td] [td]NJN[/td] [td]W 89-83[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]44:56[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]61.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]75.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]77.8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]26[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Apr 21[/td] [td]NJN[/td] [td]L 91-96[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]41:51[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]41.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]57.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]50.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Total[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]40:00[/td] [td] [/td] [td]26[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]41.9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]40.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]31[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]79.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]32[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

^^^ Why is it that you say that Prinse gave a accurate analysis, when that is the exact same thing I said before and you flamed me for it. The Raptors aresoft, need a scorer, need depth and need a center.

The Raptors have Bosh and thats pretty much it (isnt Calderon a free agent?) I always root for the Raptors because I really like Bosh, but the bottom line isthe Raptors just are not that good.

^agreed.... he should be scoring more, but your right hes suited as 6th man who can come in hit shots and play defence.... gerald wallace would be a great fitfor this team (no concussions included)

Originally Posted by dland24

^^^ Why is it that you say that Prinse gave a accurate analysis, when that is the exact same thing I said before and you flamed me for it. The Raptors are soft, need a scorer, need depth and need a center.

The Raptors have Bosh and thats pretty much it (isnt Calderon a free agent?) I always root for the Raptors because I really like Bosh, but the bottom line is the Raptors just are not that good.

Because you said...
The Raptors are a lot further away from being a legit contender than most of you fans think. They are a work in progress that have the potential of being good someday. But you are NOT a player or two away.
Who on the first two pages of this thread said we were a couple of players away from becoming contenders?

In order for us to become contenders we need a new coach, a rebounder, a better SF and SG, and a bench...basically a new team altogether. We've wasted allof our 1st round draft picks in the past 4 years, other than Calderon and Bosh, this is a franchise that needs like 3-4 new solid players that could help uswin a playoff series.

colangelo's suits> tj ford

The one thing that worries me about this whole tj ford ordeal is that it seems like Colangelo is getting a lil bit nervous and antsy about dealing him. J'Oneal for Ford. %+$+#... thats terrible... colang can do better than that. There are teams who need a guy like ford as annoying as he is. Be patient wait tillsomething worthwhile comes along and make the deal. Colangelo is too good at this to only get a joneal

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

colangelo's suits> tj ford

The one thing that worries me about this whole tj ford ordeal is that it seems like Colangelo is getting a lil bit nervous and antsy about dealing him. J' Oneal for Ford. %+$+#... thats terrible... colang can do better than that. There are teams who need a guy like ford as annoying as he is. Be patient wait till something worthwhile comes along and make the deal. Colangelo is too good at this to only get a joneal
Heres the plan. Im going to beat BC down, put him in a potato sack. In the meantime, you are going to take over GM duties, and shut this trade downlike it should be.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. JO is washed up. Only if he has proven that he is over his injuries, then I would think about it. But at this point, Grangeris the best option if we were to try and trade.

And dland24, I said that I agree with you
laugh.gif

PrincSe3 -
pimp.gif
. Definitely like to see a guy who gives an honest opinion. Cool in my book.

As for Parker, I never said he was the best player on the team. I love his game because he actually gives a rats #%$ about defense, unlike the other 14 guys onthe roster. And dude will make the "right" play. I never said he was God, but dude is a very good role player. Thats why I like his game.

Ive got faith in BC, if we all know what the raps really need Im sure he does too. I hope he can pull the right strings and get together a more hard nosedteam.

Bosh is a lock for 20/10 everynight.. expect 12-15 ppg outta Parker and Calderon. I think Kapono is a key piece, if they can make him play more aggressivehe'll be money off the bench. I wouldnt mind if they traded guys like joey graham, delfino etc. Theyre way too inconsistent, rarely put together a decentgame.

I understand Bargnani is still very young, tentative etc but the dude reallllllllly needs to find this game this season man. Im starting to grow impatient withhim at times. Dude is so tall but he doesn't play like he is most times. When he puts the ball on the floor and drives, more often than not he either getsa good layup or atleast a shooting foul. But more often than not hes happy to jack up a J and pick up quick fouls. Like Bynum needed Kareem, Raps should find amentor for Bargnani to really help him refine his game. For a 7footer hes got a nice soft touch when he drives but it drives me NUTS when he just stands on theperimeter. Hes got a good wingspan too, look at how Prince uses his for his advantage. If andrea can manage like a 15ppg and 7-8rpg the raps would be a fardifferent team. It'll ease the pressure on Bosh on the inside, it'll throw the opponent's team defense off since Bargnani can play inside and hitthe long range Js. Also, dude needs to work on his court vision and decision making.. sometimes when hes frustrated he just tries to hit a 3 over and over.Dudes gotta try and get a double team, or atleast get the attention of a second defender and hit that pass to the open man.. hes so key to the raps success.

Back
Top Bottom