Toyota vs Honda vs Nissan? Most Reliable brand, looking to eventually get a new car.

Would you guys advise saving money to pay for a car in full or majority of the price, or putting down a decent down payment? With my current job I could put down 2-3k on a car easy, but I could save money on the side and put down a larger down payment (say 50-70%) in like 6 months, or I could wait almost a yr and buy one at full price.

I dont want to put alot of money into my current car being that it has over 250k miles on it. All the cars I`m looking at cost about 13-16k for one with low miles.

Would you guys advise saving money to pay for a car in full or majority of the price, or putting down a decent down payment? With my current job I could put down 2-3k on a car easy, but I could save money on the side and put down a larger down payment (say 50-70%) in like 6 months, or I could wait almost a yr and buy one at full price.

I dont want to put alot of money into my current car being that it has over 250k miles on it. All the cars I`m looking at cost about 13-16k for one with low miles.

If its only a year to save up full price then I'd wait. If you need a car now, just try to get a low APR, decent downpayment and just pay extra every month.

If its only a year to save up full price then I'd wait. If you need a car now, just try to get a low APR, decent downpayment and just pay extra every month.

Buy American. Go on Google and look at all the positive press American cars are getting, then read about all the foreign ones.

Buy American. Go on Google and look at all the positive press American cars are getting, then read about all the foreign ones.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

In regards to Fuel efficiency and look, I cant think of a recent American car that would look good lol The fusion joints from Ford look weird

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

In regards to Fuel efficiency and look, I cant think of a recent American car that would look good lol The fusion joints from Ford look weird

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I hate owing money, so I'd say wait and pay it all off at once, if possible. It's all about your situation though. If you need a car now, get one.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I hate owing money, so I'd say wait and pay it all off at once, if possible. It's all about your situation though. If you need a car now, get one.

So the maintenance/ cost of parts for an Acura, Infiniti, or Lexus is similar to Honda, Nissan, and TOyota? IE cost of keeping up the car wouldnt be as wild as getting something German?

So the maintenance/ cost of parts for an Acura, Infiniti, or Lexus is similar to Honda, Nissan, and TOyota? IE cost of keeping up the car wouldnt be as wild as getting something German?

^in my experience, Acura/Honda and Nissan/Infiniti have similar maintenance costs (slightly more for the luxury make), but Lexus costs are much higher than Toyota's.

^in my experience, Acura/Honda and Nissan/Infiniti have similar maintenance costs (slightly more for the luxury make), but Lexus costs are much higher than Toyota's.

Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox

oh ok cool, because I use to wonder how the whole hood was whipping Acura Legends, so I never looked at Acura as being a Luxury brand, but more so the Premium line for Honda if that makes sense.

So would the 100k mile Rule that dudes give buying BMW or Mercedes used apply for Acura and Infiniti? I seen a few G35s and TLs and TSXs for 14-15k with  45- sub 70k miles,but of course I could get one with a few more miles for less, is it as big as a red flag?

Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox

oh ok cool, because I use to wonder how the whole hood was whipping Acura Legends, so I never looked at Acura as being a Luxury brand, but more so the Premium line for Honda if that makes sense.

So would the 100k mile Rule that dudes give buying BMW or Mercedes used apply for Acura and Infiniti? I seen a few G35s and TLs and TSXs for 14-15k with  45- sub 70k miles,but of course I could get one with a few more miles for less, is it as big as a red flag?

honda civic hands down. my dad had one for my entire life. and its still going strong with my cousin.

honda civic hands down. my dad had one for my entire life. and its still going strong with my cousin.

Audi, like most German cars, have high maintenance costs and aren't nearly as reliable as Japanese models.

Back
Top Bottom