Toyota vs Honda vs Nissan? Most Reliable brand, looking to eventually get a new car.

Audi, like most German cars, have high maintenance costs and aren't nearly as reliable as Japanese models.

Originally Posted by scshift

Audi, like most German cars, have high maintenance costs and aren't nearly as reliable as Japanese models.

oh ok, seen some A6s and A4s on Auto Trader for like 6-8 stacks, with 80-130k miles.

So is an Infiniti G35 with 100k+ on it good? being that it is Japanese

oh ok, seen some A6s and A4s on Auto Trader for like 6-8 stacks, with 80-130k miles.

truck wise...

Toyota Tacoma >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other trucks.

They are tanks, no problems, good on gas, and the four door prerunners are practical for truck purposes/family purposes and they look good
smile.gif

truck wise...

Toyota Tacoma >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other trucks.

They are tanks, no problems, good on gas, and the four door prerunners are practical for truck purposes/family purposes and they look good
smile.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Infiniti G35s are solid, but stay around 100k. Too much over that and you're pushing it. Try and look for one that isn't modded, as those ones are usually driven hard.

Infiniti G35s are solid, but stay around 100k. Too much over that and you're pushing it. Try and look for one that isn't modded, as those ones are usually driven hard.

Now what would you consider to much over?  I pretty much want a whip that will last me the next 3-5+ yrs. If that.

Now what would you consider to much over?  I pretty much want a whip that will last me the next 3-5+ yrs. If that.

Im 6'2 and i have an 04 accord. They leg room is excellent in them so you and ur passengers will be comfortable. I also had a 2000 maxima and im a huge fan of those so go with either the honda or maxima my man

Im 6'2 and i have an 04 accord. They leg room is excellent in them so you and ur passengers will be comfortable. I also had a 2000 maxima and im a huge fan of those so go with either the honda or maxima my man

My vote is Toyota. Ive had 3 Toyota's and have had no issues at all. Currently I'm in an 07 Camry SE V6 and I love it. Plenty of speed, looks good, reliable and good on gas. Can't ask for more than that.

My vote is Toyota. Ive had 3 Toyota's and have had no issues at all. Currently I'm in an 07 Camry SE V6 and I love it. Plenty of speed, looks good, reliable and good on gas. Can't ask for more than that.

Very Nice, I've now set my price range at < 10k being that I dont want a car note, but I want a car made in the 2000s lol drive a 90 something whip is like whipping a 86 joint back in 2001, any reccomendations

Very Nice, I've now set my price range at < 10k being that I dont want a car note, but I want a car made in the 2000s lol drive a 90 something whip is like whipping a 86 joint back in 2001, any reccomendations

At around 10k, I'd say you could probably get one on average with about 100-120k miles. This is just a rough estimate, based on what I've seen on eBay. The G35s around me (Boston area), are usually more expensive - I just saw a Black sedan 2004, with 102k miles going for $11k on craigslist.

They could be cheaper depending on where you live. Also, it depends whether you want a sedan or not, an automatic or manual. An automatic sedan is probably the cheapest (Manuals are rarer, sedans are cheaper), I think you said you wanted a sedan.

They could probably last you until 180k+ depending on how you treat it, and whether you mod it or not. To be honest, if you want a car lasting you 3-5 years, you should either get one new, or one that has been used very slightly. If you drive around alot, the miles will pile up and naturally the car won't last as long.

Your best bet is to get the Honda - accord or civic. I'm a huge fan of the fit, cause of the space and style, but a lot of people don't seem to like it. Since you plan to keep the car for 3-5 years, you should really get a cheaper, more reliable car. Infinitis are great cars, but Honda I'd say is better.

At around 10k, I'd say you could probably get one on average with about 100-120k miles. This is just a rough estimate, based on what I've seen on eBay. The G35s around me (Boston area), are usually more expensive - I just saw a Black sedan 2004, with 102k miles going for $11k on craigslist.

They could be cheaper depending on where you live. Also, it depends whether you want a sedan or not, an automatic or manual. An automatic sedan is probably the cheapest (Manuals are rarer, sedans are cheaper), I think you said you wanted a sedan.

They could probably last you until 180k+ depending on how you treat it, and whether you mod it or not. To be honest, if you want a car lasting you 3-5 years, you should either get one new, or one that has been used very slightly. If you drive around alot, the miles will pile up and naturally the car won't last as long.

Your best bet is to get the Honda - accord or civic. I'm a huge fan of the fit, cause of the space and style, but a lot of people don't seem to like it. Since you plan to keep the car for 3-5 years, you should really get a cheaper, more reliable car. Infinitis are great cars, but Honda I'd say is better.

The Hondas in my price range are either kinda uggo, or would have alot of miles, Can it be officially said that current Hondas have the same reliability of their 90s counter parts?

The Hondas in my price range are either kinda uggo, or would have alot of miles, Can it be officially said that current Hondas have the same reliability of their 90s counter parts?

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to buy an 03-07 Accord coupe, but I'm also looking at Camry's, Altimas and the Acura TSX.

The problem for me is not choosing which car but which insurance company to go with. This would be my first car and I'm getting quotes ranging from $2500 (Esurance) to $6000 (Geico/State Farm).
I know it's based on where you live, your age and all that but what would be a reasonable price nowadays. BTW I'm 28 and live in NYC.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to buy an 03-07 Accord coupe, but I'm also looking at Camry's, Altimas and the Acura TSX.

The problem for me is not choosing which car but which insurance company to go with. This would be my first car and I'm getting quotes ranging from $2500 (Esurance) to $6000 (Geico/State Farm).
I know it's based on where you live, your age and all that but what would be a reasonable price nowadays. BTW I'm 28 and live in NYC.

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

my joint is insured under my pops policy and I`m gonna ride that wave as long as possible lol

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

my joint is insured under my pops policy and I`m gonna ride that wave as long as possible lol

Back
Top Bottom