Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

From my personal experience, they can only type it in and check on the computer if you purchased it from that particular store. If not, it should work out fine. Especially if you only return one game per time, they'll figure you just got one game as long as it's the games you originally paid for.

ok well from my personal experience through out 5 different TRUs they all checked and said i needed all 3 when i bought it from one. So it just probablydepends on the store?

^ That's weird, it must be your area. There were probably too many people doing this little scheme around wherever you went, i guess that's not thecase around me.

The only trouble I had was trying to return it to the same store in which one of the employees told me if I bought it there ,which the receipt obviously said Idid, they'd be able to look up the purchase and that's why it didn't work for me.

I just went to another TRU and everything was fine.

I'd say the easiest way would be to return one with a gift reciept in like another week or so, then another one at another TRU. There's always anemployee there who doesn't care, I guess it's just a mix of luck and being at the right place at the right time, but worst comes to worse you couldjust keep trying.

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

^ Well if you had gift reciepts for the two games you paid for, you could return one one day, and another the next. How would they ever know?
by typing to code into the computer and it saying if its part of the 3 for 2 deal. But even so he was just trying to exchange which is what i tried doing. Only reason they are saying no is because they are butt hurt for how much games they lost.

EDIT: woops i thought it said exchange not return. bruh just know the schedule of the workers is all and go return it during the time a young person is working is all. hopefully the manager isnt around cause they will forsure type the barcode into the computer and then look it up

I did exchange it for FIFA 10 but yea they did run the gift receipt and saw that I had also gotten 3 games so they asked for all of them which makes no sensecuz I was just exchanging one but he showed me the ad and yup it was there on da fine print...lol... So just showed him the other games and eveything was koo

to those who bought games at TRU and returned them at wal-mart. Will their scanner scan the game or will it says invalid since it wasnt purchase at wal-martorginally?

Originally Posted by onetruehomie

to those who bought games at TRU and returned them at wal-mart. Will their scanner scan the game or will it says invalid since it wasnt purchase at wal-mart orginally?
It should work. I won a brand new game from a contest. I returned it at walmart with no reciept. The lady scanned it and it still rung up for theoriginal price.
happy.gif

Look i walked into walmart yesterday. They scanned my COD game and the printed a sticker to return it. It showed $59.99. I went to the lady amd said I justwanted to exchange it. No reason behind it just straight up. She said ok go. I came back with Uncharted 2 and it was $54.99. She said it had to be equal orgreater value. To go get anther game or or something to make up the difference. I said lady give me a GC or keep the money yourself i can careless for $5. shesaid no i said are you serious and I walked out with my COD. I hate them but its not that hard.

I need FIFA 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fisher Price toys anyone? i'm thinking about hitting up about 3 or 4 trips on sat morning.

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Look i walked into walmart yesterday. They scanned my COD game and the printed a sticker to return it. It showed $59.99. I went to the lady amd said I just wanted to exchange it. No reason behind it just straight up. She said ok go. I came back with Uncharted 2 and it was $54.99. She said it had to be equal or greater value. To go get anther game or or something to make up the difference. I said lady give me a GC or keep the money yourself i can careless for $5. she said no i said are you serious and I walked out with my COD. I hate them but its not that hard.

I need FIFA 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fisher Price toys anyone? i'm thinking about hitting up about 3 or 4 trips on sat morning.

U couldnt find anything for $5 for the difference?!!? Like some candies or like a bag of chips

My GF returned 4 games already to walmart. Two at a time, i've returned twice as well. Already got my store credit and bought some stuff, so you should begood to go. Like I said before, just say you used cash.

Why are people having such a hard time??? My @+*@ was sooooo easy, I regret only doing it 3x

Originally Posted by RP805

I went to return my fight night at TRU and the guy said that I needed all 3 games I was like @+* but
the promo is over so why does it matter? And he said that it's still good for 90 days. Then he says that
it's in the ad that u need to return all 3 games. It wasn't on the first ad I got so I think if they do this again
they are definetly gonna put it down that u need to return everything I noticed that on their new ad for the
fisher price toys that they are doing right now
Damn i returned Fight Night today @ a TRU and they gave me a gift card no problem I used it to cop SDVR10
laugh.gif
and i got a gift receipt

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

I just returned ODST to Walmart w/o a receipt today.

The lady thought I was just there returning another game. Must of been another NT'er lol.
The one in Renton.

The old as** lady was saying something about receipts/gift receipts and started naming all these other stores. I wasn't really paying attention but she still did it for me anyways.
get outta here, that store rejected me, and my homie a couple days later, AND he brought his kid and said the games he got were too violent forhis son...they STILL gave him the
indifferent.gif
grin.gif

went to fred meyers instead and got me my GC though....all set for dj hero w00t!

Just so Ya'll kno I heard BestBuy is gonna have a promotion for B2G1 free starting on 10/25-10/31

Im pretty sure they do....they are hella strict with returns compaired to toys r us....ask a lot of questions

but on the bright side, there are prob a hell of a lot more best buys than toys r us stores.

to those who bought games at TRU and returned them at wal-mart. Will their scanner scan the game or will it says invalid since it wasnt purchase at wal-mart orginally?

Yeah it should work fine. I've returned a lot of video games and some blu rays to WalMart without a receipt. I think you get 3 returns without a receiptper year, per ID. Store credit of course.

Originally Posted by shuhbonkboo

Yeah it should work fine. I've returned a lot of video games and some blu rays to WalMart without a receipt. I think you get 3 returns without a receipt per year, per ID. Store credit of course.
I returned one to walmart...very easy without a receipt, they just take your ID number down. I did notice later that the gift card they gave mewas 59.99 without tax included, so i had to spend a few bucks when i bought a dif game to cover tax...kinda sucks, but not a huge deal

blueprint.jpg

pimp.gif
Mapping it out as we speak....employees can give a 10% on games noquestions asked ill have logistics mapped out tomorrow

Exchange and Return Guidelines

Exchange and Return Period
Exchange or return your item anytime from the original purchase date within the timeframe below:
  • 14 days for computers, monitors, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, and radar detectors
  • 30 days for all other products
  • 45 days for all products for Reward Zone Program Premier Silver members
Non-returnable items
Some items are not able to be returned, including:
  • Labor, delivery, and/or installation services
  • Pre-paid cards such as music, photo, video, or phone cards
  • Digital content (e.g. music downloads from Napster)
  • Pitch In[emoji]8482[/emoji] Card contributions
  • Consumable items such as food, drink and batteries
  • Items that are damaged or abused
  • Items that are missing accessories, such as remote controls, cords, and cables
  • Etched or otherwise personalized items
  • Opened computer software, movies, music and video games can be exchanged for the identical item but cannot be returned for a refund
Original receipt
To help facilitate the return, bring the original receipt as well as photo identification for all exchanges, returns, price matches and warranty repairservices.

Restocking fee
A restocking fee is applicable in some product categories, unless you are a Reward Zone Program Premier Silver member, the item is defective, or the fee isprohibited by law. The restocking fee charges are:
  • 25% for Special Order Products, including appliances
  • 15% for opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS navigation and in-car video systems
  • 10% for Apple[emoji]174[/emoji] iPhones
Promotional items and bundles
As a benefit to our customers, Best Buy occasionally offers promotional items and savings with a purchase or enhanced savings on a bundle of items when theyare purchased together.
  • When a promotional item is returned, the value of the promotional item is deducted from the refund amount. For instance, if you purchase a TV and get a $100 gift card or 50% off of a DVD player, the $100 value of the gift card or the total value of the DVD player would be subtracted from the refund.
  • When an item included as part of a promotional bundle is returned, the bundled discount is void and the value of the bundled discount will be applied to the refund. This occasionally results in additional funds being owed to Best Buy. For instance, if your receive $200 in savings when you purchase a laptop and printer together and you return either item, the $200 amount will be subtracted from your refund.
Refund method
Your refund will generally be in the same form as the original purchase. However when the item was purchased with cash, debit or a check in an amount greaterthan $250, the refund will be in the form of a mail check mailed within 10 business days of the return.

Mail in rebates
When a product that was purchased when a mail-in rebate was available on the item, the amount of the rebate may be deducted from the refund amount.

Country of origin
The item must be exchanged or returned in the country in which it was originally purchased.

To protect your personal data
Please remove all personal data (e.g. computer or wireless phone data) from any exchanged or returned products. Best Buy is not responsible for any personaldata left on or in an exchanged or returned product.

Best Buy discretion
Best Buy reserves the right to deny any return.
Some tests may use a different set of policies. When a different policy is in effect, you will be informed of those differences prior to purchase.

soo my walmart said no and said anything over $25 needed a recipt i kept saying their policy said i didnt need one, but no go twice darn....

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

soo my walmart said no and said anything over $25 needed a recipt i kept saying their policy said i didnt need one, but no go twice darn....
Q: Do you accept RETURNS without a receipt?

A: Walmart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25), a credit to the customer's credit card or an even exchange for the product. Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer's warranties.

Q: Do you track RETURNS, do you place a limit on the number of returns?

A: In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.
http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx

BB is gonna be a bit more difficult because they actually check I.D. & put you in the system. TRU on the other hand didn't ask name, phone #, not evena zip code. Lol

Back
Top Bottom