Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

Originally Posted by knockboot36

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

soo my walmart said no and said anything over $25 needed a recipt i kept saying their policy said i didnt need one, but no go twice darn....
Q: Do you accept RETURNS without a receipt?

A: Walmart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25), a credit to the customer's credit card or an even exchange for the product. Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer's warranties.

Q: Do you track RETURNS, do you place a limit on the number of returns?

A: In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.
http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx

i am pretty sure i know there policy man ahaha i'm just saying in general when i tried they kept saying no when i kept telling them that

soo my walmart said no and said anything over $25 needed a recipt i kept saying their policy said i didnt need one, but no go twice darn....

A: Walmart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25), a credit to the customer's credit card or an even exchange for the product. Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer's warranties.

A: In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.

i am pretty sure i know there policy man ahaha i'm just saying in general when i tried they kept saying no when i kept telling them that
Oh no doubt, I'm just trying to clarify it since there were so many questions regarding wal mart. But I'd print that up and bring it withme and see what they say then
laugh.gif

Oh no doubt, I'm just trying to clarify it since there were so many questions regarding wal mart. But I'd print that up and bring it with me and see what they say then
laugh.gif

ahaha hopefully but i will being blacklisted from tru and then getting turned down twice im like on a lossing streak..

regarding the best buys buy 2 get 1 free

Some notes:

Preorders will most likely not work with this deal since Best Buy only lets you put down $5 on a preorder. Plus it probably doesn't even count as a game.

Placeholders will most likely get shot down since Best Buy is not as stupid as TRU:

Quote:
With Best Buy they do a "package discount" meaning that if you return 1 you generally have to return all of the items or they will adjust the priceaccordingly. Thus, if you return 1 game they would credit you $39.99+tax instead of the full $59.99. The system is not dumb and will realize this when youattempt to return.

(BTW I just quit Best Buy in April and dealt with the package stuff.)

EDIT: Gift receipts will not work as place holders because when they are scanned for return it brings up the whole order (i.e. the package discount) and willreflect the price as $39.99 not $59.99 for each game.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...1&postcount=85

Quote:
Best Buy is a lot smarter about B2G1 sales than TRU is, so the tricks with gift receipts and placeholders won't work.

The receipt will show the return value for each item, and it'll be 1/3rd of the total pre-tax price. Placeholders won't be worth the full value of thegame, so it won't work for future purchases as even exchanges.

TRU does it as $60 / $60 / $0, BB will do it as $40 / $40 / $40.

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

regarding the best buys buy 2 get 1 free

Some notes:

Preorders will most likely not work with this deal since Best Buy only lets you put down $5 on a preorder. Plus it probably doesn't even count as a game.

Placeholders will most likely get shot down since Best Buy is not as stupid as TRU:

Quote:
With Best Buy they do a "package discount" meaning that if you return 1 you generally have to return all of the items or they will adjust the price accordingly. Thus, if you return 1 game they would credit you $39.99+tax instead of the full $59.99. The system is not dumb and will realize this when you attempt to return.

(BTW I just quit Best Buy in April and dealt with the package stuff.)

EDIT: Gift receipts will not work as place holders because when they are scanned for return it brings up the whole order (i.e. the package discount) and will reflect the price as $39.99 not $59.99 for each game.

http://www.cheapassgamer....ms/...1&postcount=85

Quote:
Best Buy is a lot smarter about B2G1 sales than TRU is, so the tricks with gift receipts and placeholders won't work.

The receipt will show the return value for each item, and it'll be 1/3rd of the total pre-tax price. Placeholders won't be worth the full value of the game, so it won't work for future purchases as even exchanges.

TRU does it as $60 / $60 / $0, BB will do it as $40 / $40 / $40.

Dammit, and I couldn't take advantage of the TRU deal.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

just went to walmart and returned a game without a receipt
pimp.gif

im getting really sad that they keep saying no to me...... where are you guys who returned to walmart located im in the bay area

Damnit the BB thing HAS to work...we have to open this scam up somehow there is always a loop hole

my Bday is Sunday so I wont start until Monday but Failure is NOT an option!

Originally Posted by biff lawson

Damnit the BB thing HAS to work...we have to open this scam up somehow there is always a loop hole

laugh.gif
i dont know dude, i just feel like this wont fly at bestbuy, but you should be happy with the work you put in at TRU
laugh.gif
, how muchdid you end up making in profit?

you can always buy all 3, return to walmart without receipt, sell gift cards

i think best buy is way too smart

laugh.gif
i dont know dude, i just feel like this wont fly at best buy, but you should be happy with the work you put in at TRU
laugh.gif
, how much did you end up making in profit?
lmao I lost count, i'm still selling random things, a black xbox controller tonite for $25 and my own used madden for $40
pimp.gif

but damnit i'm at least getting MW2 free from best buy

just went to walmart and returned a game without a receipt
pimp.gif

im getting really sad that they keep saying no to me...... where are you guys who returned to walmart located im in the bay area
try target. i told my gf to return nba live without a receipt and she got a gift card after showing her id. finally got 2k10 now. you can only dothat once a year at target though. went to the albany target, close to berkeley. good luck man. didn't try wal mart because oakland is oakland. lol.

I just returned fight night at Walmart and they gave me a $64 gift card no questions asked, no receipt or anything. Took the gift card and got SD vs. Raw. Thelady at the customer service desk told me your allowed 3 returns evey 6 months without a receipt for those wondering.

i just got my xbox back from the red rings, 3 and xbox will do it for free.. got it back in 2 weeks.

no biggie.

Split the buy 2 get 1 free with my boys, paying 40 for ODST was worth it lol

those with the walmarts who are still taking the reciepts are lucky they actually stoped that return policy starting on 1/1/09 search it up. My walmarts areall no goes.

those with the walmarts who are still taking the reciepts are lucky they actually stoped that return policy starting on 1/1/09 search it up. My walmarts are all no goes.

im not positive, but look on the website, i coulda sworn when i looked it said they take back items without receipts, cause if it does, you could always printthat out and show them, could work

those with the walmarts who are still taking the reciepts are lucky they actually stoped that return policy starting on 1/1/09 search it up. My walmarts are all no goes.

im not positive, but look on the website, i coulda sworn when i looked it said they take back items without receipts, cause if it does, you could always print that out and show them, could work

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208834

"I went to return something (with receipt), but there were signs posted and the customer service people were informing everyone that starting 1/1/09Walmart will no longer take ANY returns without a receipt--even right after Christmas. It's about time they do that to combat all the fraud I am sure theyare saddled with every year. "

Someone want to show me the link anyways to where it says no receipts for walmart.

Back
Top Bottom