Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

What kind of moron would actually approve that exchange?
laugh.gif
THAT'S SO DUMB.

Question for the TRU experts:

Went with friends, bought 2 games and got CODWAW for free. Already had a copy but wanted another to try to do the LAN multiplayer game. Turns out itdoesn't work the way we thought it would and we need 4 PS3s hooked up to each other. So now that we opened it, can I return it and get store credit/anothergame?

After reviewing the "hustle" methods and steps...and fully letting it process in my head...

THAT IS A DOPE SCHEME!
eek.gif

I need to get on it...

I'm going to give the scheme a shot,
laugh.gif

I couldn't find NBA 2k10 at the 2 TRU's I went to.

I got one more to go to that is a decent distance away.

Quick question, wont they notice the date on the gift receipts?

I'm going to give the scheme a shot,
laugh.gif

I couldn't find NBA 2k10 at the 2 TRU's I went to.

I got one more to go to that is a decent distance away.

Quick question, wont they notice the date on the gift receipts?

TRU is the like the one place I've been to that doesn't make you declare a reason why you are returning the game. I pretty much just went up to customer service and told them I wanted to exchange for a gift card. She wasn't sweating it.
See when you have the gift receipt it only shows two games you paid for, so I guess they just figure if this person returns the game for credit or keeps it either way we made 130 bucks for two games, but they fail to realize it's us who's still on the up and up cause we banked out on a free game.

**VERY IMPORTANT**-DO NOT GET A GIFT RECEIPT FOR YOUR FREE GAME!!! ONLY THE TWO YOU ARE PAYING FOR!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SHOW ANY TRAIL OF YOU RECEIVING A FREE GAME. DON'T BRING IT WITH YOU, DON'T TALK ABOUT IT WHILE MAKING THE EXCHANGE, JUST LEAVE IT AT HOME!!

I stress this cause my friend tried pulling this trick and he had to give the free game back because he put it on the same gift receipt that had his two paid games

wow surprised that works... wouldn't they get suspicious when you ask for a gift receipt for only the two games you paid for....
only a matter of time before your local TRU spot gets blown up

Originally Posted by budahbro

wow surprised that works... wouldn't they get suspicious when you ask for a gift receipt for only the two games you paid for....
^
laugh.gif
when i asked for only 2 gift receipts and i told the guy i was only gonna keep 2k10 he redid my check out so that 2k10 was the free game igot and gave me my gift receipts for the 2 placeholder games
laugh.gif

the guy was great, he knew exactly what i was doing.... he even asked me what games i was waiting for
roll.gif

haha chill. wish i had a friend workin at TRU, be easier to pull off the scam without worrying about gettin hassled

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

After reviewing the "hustle" methods and steps...and fully letting it process in my head...

THAT IS A DOPE SCHEME!
eek.gif

I need to get on it...
I know it just registered in my mind. I need to find more locations.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by budahbro

^
laugh.gif
when i asked for only 2 gift receipts and i told the guy i was only gonna keep 2k10 he redid my check out so that 2k10 was the free game i got and gave me my gift receipts for the 2 placeholder games
laugh.gif

the guy was great, he knew exactly what i was doing.... he even asked me what games i was waiting for
roll.gif
Which store did you go to? The EG one sold out of everything I wanted. Bleh, it was closing too.

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

i'm hittin up the bay area spots! THEYRE MINE +*#%*%!!
devil.gif
Pinole, Concord, & Pittsburgh

buddy your late ahaha as i said i;ve been doing this for a long time in other page. i already have gone through a few exchaneges today. got the last two2k10's, got an nba live10, madden 10, fnr4 for free.

telling you all this now that gift reciept does say it is part of the "buy 2 get one free" but most TRUs dont care, but you will run into some jerkson the way. Making a girl do it for you saying they got the wrong games for their sons or bfs is best bet. Plus dont buy the games and exhange them right afteri mean you can, but its not recommended because they track the games returned throughout the different TRUs which i for the first time ran into today so justwait awhile. Hope all of you get what you want.

Day one of the Hustle...

mail

mail

Shouts to Henz0 again for the ps3 link up

Going back tomorrow with new goons same hustle

This is Easy and
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm returning my Halo 3:ODST and Need For Speed today so I can cop Fifa and COD: WF2 later on.

How is Halo 3: ODST though, not sure if I should keep that over Fifa?

Decisions...........decisions.

^best advice is to take advantage of the loophole in the sale and just keep both, it works very easily

but if you aren't interested i'd say its ODST is a good cop, multiplayer gives it a longer shelf life

than FIFA which would only be good until FIFA 11

Originally Posted by biff lawson

^best advice is to take advantage of the loophole in the sale and just keep both, it works very easily

but if you aren't interested i'd say its ODST is a good cop, multiplayer gives it a longer shelf life

than FIFA which would only be good until FIFA 11
I feel you, I already have 6 games so I don't see why I should be spending more $$$ on games.
laugh.gif

I just gotta decide at this point, I'd probably stick with Halo since I don't know anyone who cops Fifa anyways.

Back
Top Bottom