Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

Originally Posted by 22stylez

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Originally Posted by maddog345

Hey if you guys want to get COD:MW2, you can return one of the games. What you do is you bring all three games to the cashier. Ask the cashier for gift receipts for the first 2 games. Whatever the third game is, make sure its a game you want to keep because you are only allowed to return the first 2 games that are scanned. I did this last year & got Midnight Club, Dead Space & NBA2K9. So you can get a game you may not want & exchange it for something you want later on.
I did this like 2 yrs ago
laugh.gif
, had an OD collection of 360 games cause of it
pimp.gif

Hit up at least 7-8 diff TRU over the course of a weekend. Had my girl and cousins all go in and switch games. Had like 4 copies of Halo 3 when it first dropped and sold em all on ebay for $45 each.

If this scam still works I suggest yall put in some work and rack up on free games
nerd.gif
wait i don't get how this is a "scam" all you're really doing is buying games you wont want and exchanging them later...how are you gaining from this you're still paying...the only "scam" i see is them making this a buy 2 get one free
laugh.gif
frown.gif
Does this work for sure?

damn fifa and sdvr 10 release AFTER this deal...anyone think i can just buy two whatever games and when these new games release i can just exchange for it? cause i don't know any other 2 games i'd be interested in after 2k10
Get 2k10. Buy 2 other random games that are all the same price as 2k10. ask for gift reciepts for the random games. In 45 days come back andreturn the 2 random games for a game of your choice....

I'm doing this with 2k10 and 2 random games, and hoping for Fifa and NCAA Basketball

Hey if you guys want to get COD:MW2, you can return one of the games. What you do is you bring all three games to the cashier. Ask the cashier for gift receipts for the first 2 games. Whatever the third game is, make sure its a game you want to keep because you are only allowed to return the first 2 games that are scanned. I did this last year & got Midnight Club, Dead Space & NBA2K9. So you can get a game you may not want & exchange it for something you want later on.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hit up at least 7-8 diff TRU over the course of a weekend. Had my girl and cousins all go in and switch games. Had like 4 copies of Halo 3 when it first dropped and sold em all on ebay for $45 each.

If this scam still works I suggest yall put in some work and rack up on free games
nerd.gif
wait i don't get how this is a "scam" all you're really doing is buying games you wont want and exchanging them later...how are you gaining from this you're still paying...the only "scam" i see is them making this a buy 2 get one free
laugh.gif
frown.gif

i wouldn't call it a scam. it's a way of getting a game you want, that isn't available yet, to be apart of the deal. a loophole sorta thing.

wow thanks for the heads up...now i just gotta hold back buying 2k10!!!for the people that want FIFA or whatever it is that is coming out after the promo, ivehad success asking the cashier if they have it in the back and they didnt mind bringing it out for me to buy...that is, if u got a cool cashier..

Here's what you do:

1. Keep the free game and take the 2 you don't want back to customer service and ask them for a gift card in exchange.

Tell them you want to wait and use the card for 2 other games that aren't released yet.

Then go to a different ToysRUs and use the gift card for the same deal.

Repeat step 1.

I did this last year. Went to like 5 different TRU. Only got rejected on the last try.

So I just exchanged the games i didn't want later for WaW and GoW2.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif

i wouldn't call it a scam. it's a way of getting a game you want, that isn't available yet, to be apart of the deal. a loophole sorta thing.
also does the games have to be still in its original package to exchange them? like can you play it then return it?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

image_thumb.png

Get ready for the Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free Game Sale happening 10/11 to 10/17. Buy any three games, and the lowest-priced game is free.
30025fb435a3a43ecca9b0325f69ab8ea85c16e.pjpg

def been waiting on this
pimp.gif

Im thinking

Madden 10
NBA Live 10
Uncharted 2

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

also does the games have to be still in its original package to exchange them? like can you play it then return it?

lol, they should be in the og packaging. sounds like you wanna rent a game instead, haha.

Damn, I thought this was 4 pages of people recommending which games to get, not how to scam TRU when they have a pretty good deal going on
laugh.gif

^^^ these are tough times sir
laugh.gif

I'm on the fence about whether or not I wanna try the whole gift receipt thing but it's a hell of a plan..

If I return a game with a gift receipt will they provide store credit?

I don't see why I would have to go THE DAY OF a game release (that I wish to exchange for).

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Damn I am lazy but that buy 2 get 2 free sounds gooooood

how are you getting 2 free? isnt it buy 2 get ONE free?
Nah, I was talking about that other dudes idea. Of getting the two gift receipts and then getting store credit for both and using that credit onthe same deal. Meaning you get 2 free. lol

Damn yall do realize that yall are spending $120+ at one time on VIDEO GAMES right? Yall better be planning to resell

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Damn yall do realize that yall are spending $120+ at one time on VIDEO GAMES right? Yall better be planning to resell

We ballin. That's peanuts baby boy. Peanuts
laugh.gif

J/K Just some extra cash laying around.

Try it.

If yall scared then do this:
In the initial run get 3 games that yall really want.
Try the switch and if it works then get a next set.
If it doesnt and u get rejected then u have 2 choices. Try somewhere else or keep the 3 games that u wanted in the first place.
Cant really lose and the worst thing that could happen is someone sayin no.

but most stores will say yes
pimp.gif

Warning: It can become addicting once the first switch happens. I had fam members like thats all u want, f it lets go get some more
laugh.gif

Also Females work wonders for this trick.
Aunts, Moms, GFs, cousins cause they're like "Bought the wrong game for my _____, You kno boys nd their games." The ppl eat that up. The youngergirls just flirt with the dudes that work there and theyll pretty much hand em the keys to the store
laugh.gif

NBA live 10, 2k10 ...haven't decided which one ima return for svr2010
and most likely drakes uncharted

Back
Top Bottom