Toys "R" Us Christmas catalog from 1996...

hopped on that sega saturn deal 8)

virtua cop gun banging at the tv screen was dope

& got the n64 for Christmas (opened it like 20 days before christmas :smokin)

ahh...playstation was slept on for me for a good year or 2

remember how the store workers was like "this sony is bout to be the biggest thing"

and im just a youngin' like sony?...mann give me that saturn tho

but look now how big playstation console is now... crazy

Last edited:
I was 5 at the time

I got a game boy, genesis and a snes with a coupe games for each. $?@! Was expensive as f back then goddamb

Yes i was spoiled. Only child ftw :pimp:

GOOD LORD
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I remember that cover VIVIDLY

Mannnn I used to put OD work on my xmas list. Draft after draft after draft.

There was one year where Id grab extras catalogs and cut and paste/staple them next to the item on my wish list. MAN

Got the N64 2 years after it dropped I think so the games were like 40 at funcoland.

Last edited:
I remember buying the Sega Genesis in 96...instead of the n64 or a ps1...I didnt end up getting the n64 till decemeber of 99

Last edited:
I had SNES, N64, Gameboy Color, & Gameboy Advance. Only had like 1-2 games for each respected system but it was better than nothing.

The prices of those systems 
sick.gif

Now I feel bad for making momma get me a Saturn back then 
laugh.gif
.. but gotta thank my momma and poppa 
pimp.gif
 big time after seeing them prices 
mean.gif

Last edited:
N64 :pimp:

Back in the day you didn't have a rack of games, you only had like 2-4 and was good. Or your boys had the games you didn't.

I feel you.

The guy who got the new Eastbay first was the coolest kid in school.

"Can I see it next?"

"Nah, brah."

Damn i thought that only happened at my school :lol: good to know it was a daily occurrence.

The only reason i knew back then these n64 games were stupid expensive was because for my bday my parents and i went to toysrus and i picked out wcw/nwo revenge and the price tag was $69.99. Please tell me someone remember the toysrus video game setup where no actual product was displayed but blue pocket holders lined up hanging on a rack and you would grab a white paper with a barcode on it and bring it to the front. Those were the days.

I feel you.

The guy who got the new Eastbay first was the coolest kid in school.

"Can I see it next?"

"Nah, brah."
Damn i thought that only happened at my school
laugh.gif
good to know it was a daily occurrence.

The only reason i knew back then these n64 games were stupid expensive was because for my bday my parents and i went to toysrus and i picked out wcw/nwo revenge and the price tag was $69.99. Please tell me someone remember the toysrus video game setup where no actual product was displayed but blue pocket holders lined up hanging on a rack and you would grab a white paper with a barcode on it and bring it to the front. Those were the days.
Only way I knew how to get video games

I knew it!!!

I had an argument with my brother a few months back about the price of old video games. I told him that some SNES games were $70-$80. I remember seeing a game back in the day that was $79.99.

He said that ALL the SNES games were in the $40-$50 range. Can't wait to show him this...

This is crazy, definitely takes me back. Was Goldeneye out in 96 or 97? I remember getting that, and a 64 with the atomic purple controller. Have to give my mom an extra big hug and a kiss when I get home for Christmas this week. She spent a lot of money on my entertainment.

ahhh thank you so much for this! this made me smile. I was in 4th grade in '96. i remember all of this.

Really surprised at how expensive games were back then though geeeez. But my good ness at the options!! All the different systems and whatnot. Everybody could get something.

Good times back then :smokin. Where are the power ranger toys, the ones that transform from the animal/truck into the big robot, I wanted one of those every year.

$70 for SFA 2 and UMK3? It's no wonder why my parents bought the SNES during Christmas of 1998 :smh:

N64 :pimp:
Back in the day you didn't have a rack of games, you only had like 2-4 and was good. Or your boys had the games you didn't.
Speak for yourself homie :lol: , I had tons of games for every system owned. Probably had close to a hundred NES cartridges. I didn't slow down until the current generation of games(360, PS3, Wii).

Damn i thought that only happened at my school :lol: good to know it was a daily occurrence.

MAN I used to take the little paper home telling myself "yeah ima save my copy for when I get some money" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom