Toys "R" Us Christmas catalog from 1996...

Nice find, I REALLY got to thank mom and dad, they really would come through with games and consoles every Christmas. Being older and on my own, I really see the value of a dollar and why my parents tell me, they would always start buying gifts and such in August. With the prices and paying family household bills you almost had to.

I wish I could show this to every person who complains about prices of games and paying for dlc.

but for the most part, I didnt really go to Toys r us for video game stuff. I usually just stayed in the action figure aisle and got power rangers, dbz, and gundam wing toys and the occasional beast war AF. I do remember when the tomagatchi craze was happening and th shelves were bare

Last edited:
I remember this. I still have my Super Nintendo and it still works. I remember you used to have to blow in the cartridge when the game was acting up.

The Sega Saturn page
smokin.gif

I remember I use to salivate looking at the video game pages. When my parents asked me to make my Christmas list, I would cut out all the stuff I wanted to glue it to a piece of paper. :smokin

That was the year I finally got a Sega Genesis.

I remember my moms put it under the Christmas tree, wrapped, like a week before Christmas. I ripped the corner of the wrapping off, trying to see what it was. I saw the 2 tone red stripes, but still didn't know what it was. At first, moms told me it was some power tools for my dad, a few days later she confessed it was a Genesis. She had no idea I had totally believed her when she said it was power tools.

i remember getting an n64 for my birthday from my uncle then when we were moving the movers stole it so my grandpa got me another one.
i only have like 4 games tho :lol:

Man I remember this Christmas vividly. My dad must have had a few good nights at the bar because I got like 5-6 playstation games that year. I usually would only get one, maybe two.

I remember I got that Christmas Soviet Strike, Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal 2, the PSX racing wheel, Ridge Racer, and a few others. Soviet Strike was my STUFF! I loved that game.

Then I traded everything in a few months later to FuncoLand for a Nintendo 64 and Turok. :smh: Wound up buying the PSX again 2 years later.

Yo, games was REALLY expensive back then. I remember that year very well. I was in the 4th grade that year and my mom didn't even buy us that many games for the N64 due to those prices:x I think we had like 4 games at the most for the n64. I know we had a lot more games for the Ps1 though.

Yall remember Neo Geo CD was like $699. New games were $199 on release.

pimp.gif
 my childhood.

i never knew games were that expensive back in the day too 
eek.gif
 now i'm feeling super grateful since my parents spoiled me with n64/gameboy games 
roll.gif

almost forgot games were that expensive, i remember paying $200+ for my N64 :x

I can't believe I forgot that games were $70 a pop, and here I am, complaining about prices now, lol

Back
Top Bottom