Trevor Ariza leaning toward leaving the Lakers, possibly to Cavs

Trevor Ariza's short but sweet stay in Los Angeles might be coming to anend.

2426.jpg

Ariza

The 24-year-old swingman, who played a key role in the Lakers' run to their 15th NBA championship, is on the verge of leaving the club, sources close tothe situation said on Wednesday.

With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers are currently unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

"They're letting him go," one of the sources said.

Cleveland is making a hard push for Ariza, and the Cavaliers' coaching staff was speaking with him on Wednesday. While Cleveland can only offer themid-level as well, Ariza's disappointment with the Lakers' stance has moved other suitors ahead of his current team.

The Rockets, Clippers, Raptors and Blazers are also showing interest in Ariza. Portland and Toronto could each offer more than the mid-level exception.

If the Lakers refuse to increase their offer, it's a clear indication that they are choosing their other big free agent forward, Lamar Odom, over the younger Ariza.

Ariza averaged 8.9 points and 4.3 rebounds in the regular season for the Lakers last season. He increased his scoring to 11.3 points and had 4.2 reboundsper game in the playoffs. He had 16 points and 15 points in the last two Lakers victories in the Finals.

Those numbers were a jump over his career averages of 6.9 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. Ariza has played for three teams in his five-year career.

eyes.gif

If the cavs pick up Ariza i will be
mad.gif

The Lakers are crazy enough to let Ariza go!! Are they nuts?!!!! They wouldn't be where they are now without him!! Kobe should be on top of this. IF THEYWANT TO REPEAT, THEY SHOULD RE-SIGN HIM OR THEY WON'T BE ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE LAKERS....ABSOLUTE CRAZINESS!!!!

Any team that pays him more than the MLE is stupid. Take it or leave it, dood. You're a role player in this league. You're a gambler ondefense. You just learned how to shoot this year.

If he leaves, I'd like to see the Lakers pursue Rodney Carney. Leave HIM open. Watch him scrap.

Hell, Matt Barnes is a FA. You can't convince me Ariza is a better player than him.

like these dudes dont have enough $$
smh.gif

isnt Lamar willing to take a pay cut (and accept payment in Gummy Bears) to stay in LA? Thats love right there....

Smh i'd love to see him come back but if he's willing to go to the cavs for the same amount of money, %*+* him then...

Grant Hill?
grin.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

I wonder if we could get Marvin Williams for the MLE?
Hell no. And no to him anyway. Kobe would have to go back to guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

I wonder if we could get Marvin Williams for the MLE?
Hell no. And no to him anyway. Kobe would have to go back to guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player.
True but what are the options then? Im looking at the current FA and there isnt many that could play stand out defense and guard the best playeron the floor possession after possession.

Wally Z?
roll.gif
jk.

Eh...Still with Matt Barnes, Kobe is going to have to guard the best player on the floor. I didnt watch much of him on the Suns but I went to a lot of GSWgames back when he was there and his defense isnt that much better then Marvin's.

I think it's more likely Ariza ends up in Toronto assuming they have stopped their efforts to get Turkoglu. If that happens, I see LA throwing the wholeMLE and trying to go after Artest...if not him, possibly someone like Grant Hill who can step right in and be a role player like Ariza was...

Why would he want to leave? The lakeshow just won the ship why mess up a good thing? This just goes to show you that winning in the NBA doesn't matteranymore it's all about the money.

nooooooo, was hoping he would stay. especially after the parade.

pulling a posey on us. damn that agent of his!

Back
Top Bottom