Trinidad James said "The South runs NY" while in NYC..

People on the internet debating the street credibility of a man that does not know they exist.
laugh.gif

Trinidad James shouldn't have even picked up the phone. Or made that weak *** video. Should have just chilled out, no Twitter, no nothing until January.

Maino should put all this energy and aggression into music instead of tapping phones out here.

Trinidad James All Gold Everything is a better/bigger record than Hi Hater... The guy that "dissed" NY on stage may be garbage but the dude defending NY is just as garbage.

And that's the problem with NY, it's not about y'all :lol:... We don't support artist to spite NY :rofl: ... We support artist b/c we like/love our Artist and their music.

A lot of people down here listen to stuff from NY out of respect and homage not necessarily b/c we like or relate to that stuff

This is 100% true. How is Maino even defending NY when he garbage as well, a one hit wonder as well AND "All Gold Everything" was better and bigger :lol:

Trinidad James should of stuck with his word and told Maino to see him when he see him :lol:

So you basically just said that TJ is garbage but you like/love him and his music. Yeah, refer to the latter half of what I said.

By the way, All Gold Everything wasn't better than All the Above. Not even sure if it was bigger. They took TJ's off the remix to his own song for Christ's sake lol smh.

So now we're the ones who put you in the club and dance genres? Not the overwhelming popularity of southern club/dance music propelled to the forefront by southern rap fans? There's plenty of lyrical rappers out the south but let's not pretend like they're running the airways. Just look how some of ya'll will support anything that comes out of the South just to spite us. We're here having a conversation about Trinidad James and there's less of you concerned with the fact that he's trash than there are concerned with the fact that he tried to isht on New York. That's always been the great divide between NY and the South. Up here we call trash trash, no matter where its from. Down there it's "you don't need lyrics to get the club rockin." And at the end of the day, it's ya'll prerogative if you want to support that. But don't get mad when a spade gets called a spade.
The guy that "dissed" NY on stage may be garbage but the dude defending NY is just as garbage.

Bingo.  Got dudes in here talking about street cred, muscling cats and scars on dude's face.  WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HIS MUSIC?  

Both these dudes are hot garbage and won't be talked about in 5 years.  Maino is the ambassador in this situation right now simply because he's a goon--has nothing to do with the actual problem which is THE MUSIC.  Maybe the more respectable artists (i.e. dudes who are relevant on the scene) realize that Trinidad isn't even worth their time, hence no response.    

Basically, this **** is a circus.  Both dudes are doing their best to get a little more shine because quite frankly, they're both damn near irrelevant.  

Yeah, Trinidad James moonwalked better than the late great Michael Jackson. :lol:

If you gon put something out there stand by it homie. This **** is just funny.

:lol: @ you thinking he doesn't

Most of these cats keep knuckleheads around them for situations like this.

What do ya'll not get about the fact dude is a clown rapper, that's a wanna be sneakerhead/hipster. He's NO thug.

Majority of these rappers do not have "goons" and are very easily accessible.

Maino's garbage? I don't listen to a lot of his stuff, but to say he's flat out garbage is LOL

What do ya'll not get about the fact dude is a clown rapper, that's a wanna be sneakerhead/hipster. He's NO thug.

How do you know what he is or what he isn't? You personally know him?

All in all, yes, Maino is a subpar, forgettable rapper. A few hot songs doesn't make you a good rapper or artist, word to Trinidad James.

Why do some of you dudes from the south on here get a hard-on when someone disses ny? I'm seriously confused. N's seem more saltier than the NYC heads. I'm guessing N's must be getting paid for their roles in this lol.

Not even mad at maino for getting at that clown. Doubt he even cares about the south runs ny comment but when you openly extend a challenge don't be surprised that someone responds. It never looked good for TJ after that vid, I respect maino for reaching out to him instead of just running up on him. But now I could see TJ just blowing off the apology since maino leaked the whole convo.

On another note, ny #%^*+% need to stop giving buck fifty's, that #%*$ is so envious and spiteful.

Last edited:
As of right now "All The Above">Trinidad James
Easily. Dudes talkin bout Maino like he's a Trinidad James here today gone tomorrow rapper, when the fact is he's been in the game over a decade already. That's hilarious to me. Like I said before, it's more about spite than what's actually going on.

Anyways, while we're appreciating Maino tracks

:lol: @ you thinking he doesn't

Most of these cats keep knuckleheads around them for situations like this.

he IS a clown

but nowadays labels supply protection.

even Kreashawn had dude vouching for her

Last edited:
As of right now "All The Above">Trinidad James

Easily. But what is that really saying though, illphil? I could name a bunch of mediocre, forgettable artists that are better than Trinidad James. That's far too easy to do. That doesn't make them respectable artists though.

Like I said, Maino's reply didn't touch on the REAL issue---THE MUSIC. Hell, dude basically gave props to the South in that phone call. He didn't call him out for what he REALLY should've been calling James out for, and that's his ****** contributions to hip-hop. I have much more respect for someone that wants to protect the institution of hip-hop than just the rep of their city. Tell that dude he's sorry as **** and then show us how it's supposed to be done. Don't give me phone calls where you're essentially saying nothing to a dude that doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things. Bottom line: less talking, more good music.

And RavageBX, it has nothing to do with spite. Spent an early portion of my life on the East Coast and grew up on all the NYC legends from the 80's and 90's. Hell, I live down South now and I'll be the first to tell you most the artists here are garbage. But that still doesn't take NYC off the hook for the aimless, throwaway music that a lot of their artists are putting out now. Nor does it take away from the fact that some of the bigger names from NYC have taken on that South sound/feel and have gained much success in doing so.

I don't understand how the south runs anything.

Most of the top hits are all over the US. Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Chris Brown, Eminem, Drake and so on. How many of those people are from the south???

The south is the king of those one hit wonders that disappear as quickly as they showed up.

Rap music is region free. They're all buddy buddy and homos now.

I'll also take Maino's "If Tomorrow Comes...." over 90% of rap albums to come out of the south in the last five years.

Last edited:
I'll pass on listening to those struggle tracks

Back
Top Bottom