Trinidad James said "The South runs NY" while in NYC..

Lol @ trinidad james....

Dude go from sneaker boutiques, to attempted rapper, to failed rapper, to the speaking representative for the South.

No one elected you anything but a 1 hit wonder b. Remixing Too short does not give you the authority to lecture the birthplace of hip hop.

Buying up everything at the boutique and layering doesnt make you creative, it makes you Proto.

Trying to use the exact same angle as Kendrick months later just speaks to your lack of imagination, the exact reason you are having to disrespect people to save your floundering career.

Lol @ trinidad james....
Dude go from sneaker boutiques, to attempted rapper, to failed rapper, to the speaking representative for the South.
No one elected you anything but a 1 hit wonder b. Remixing Too short does not give you the authority to lecture the birthplace of hip hop.
Buying up everything at the boutique and layering doesnt make you creative, it makes you Proto.
Trying to use the exact same angle as Kendrick months later just speaks to your lack of imagination, the exact reason you are having to disrespect people to save your floundering career.

Yup and he got long nails too..... Da sus

Last edited by a moderator:
What did Maino have to say about kendrick? Srs I don't knowm

Basically agreeing with Kendrick by saying NY don't support their artist...

NY radio barely have NY artist on it and stuff like that
the radio cant play **** nobody wants to hear
thats not how it works, plus radio is sacrificing long term viability for shorty term ratings...

more and more people are just tuning out because of da repetitiveness.

thats not how it works, plus radio is sacrificing long term viability for shorty term ratings...

That's exactly how it works, b.

What's playing on the radio is what the "majority" of radio listeners want to listen to. If they didn't want to listen to it, they'd play another station.

The minority want the other **** played.

That's exactly how it works, b.

What's playing on the radio is what the "majority" of radio listeners want to listen to. If they didn't want to listen to it, they'd play another station.

The minority want the other **** played.
you lack understanding of demographics...

da conflict is rap music is MALE dominated music, while RADIO listeners are MAJORITY female.

dont no one with a penis wants to hear drake 50 times a day on hot 97....

da radio market is dying because they're racing to da lowest common denominator to appeal to at da expense of long term viability with

future listeners....i doubt radio exist da way we know it another 10 years.

Last edited:
I agree that theres nothing wrong with TJ statement because its been said and proven for years now. Wayne started that south domination when he could actually rap. TJ just chose the wrong time and place that's all. Cats still heated from that sonning Kendrick did. Its clearly a sensitive subject lmao

I gotta agree with ninja i dont know a man in my age range who still listens to the radio

Maybe Trinidad James isn't the right "voice" but it was 110% true :lol: :lol:

But NY rap has been boring and non-existent for a few years now. I think the problem is NYers kinda see that no one misses NY rappers and they feel some kind of way about it.

Ninja is dead on. Radio's primary demographic is female. With the exception of maybe Alternative and Rock radio, which is mostly male.

Now, Hot 97 actually had one of the larger male audiences for a non ALT station once upon a time. I think that used to be bigger when they were knocking Dipset on the regular but I think that has shifted.

the radio cant play **** nobody wants to hear

I agree. But NY artists are mad at NY DJs like the DJs have control over what gets played.

To my understanding they have a playlist given to them right?

It's different based on different stations. And I'm not sure what DJs are is clear in here. Angie Martinez is a jock. Camillo is a mixshow DJ. Angie probably doesn't have much say in programming and can't play whatever she wants. Camillo may, or he may not and he may be given a list of approves records to play.

It's different at every station.

I love this thread. From the streets to radio, NT got it all covered.

I just looked at Hot97's playlist. So yea, they're playing 3 Drake records. Drake is clearly a core artist at that format and has one of the biggest rap albums out.

They're playing 3 Cole records. Same.

3 Jay Z records. Same.

Big Sean. Beyonce. Chris Brown. All big artists at the format.

Pusha T, Eminem, Janelle Monae. Kanye "Bound 2". All pretty well known artists right?

K. Michelle....I can't call it. Schoolboy Q ("Collard Greens" my **** though).

Then they're playing Lorde, Bruno Mars "Treasure" and Daft Punk "Get Lucky", which are likely such massive hits that they kind of HAD to play them based on their research.

Now...They're playing Bunji Graland "Diffrentology". They are one of the only stations in the country with that in rotation. Makes sense in NY.

They're one of the few stations playing ASAP Rocky "Fashion Killa". 19 times. Bodega Bamz 18 times a week. Busta Rhymes 16. Troy Ave 11 times. Some Maino Record 8 times. Ferg "Work" 7 times. Some French, some Joey Badass. Some Bronson. All NY artists right?

Dro 10 times. August Alsina. Chinx. Plus Kid Ink, Ross "No Games". They just added YG.

With all of these records, from massive mainstream records, to massive records by "urban" artists etc, how much room do you think they have for more "local artists".?

Radio is a mass appeal medium that still plays a role in discovery. But they're never going to make everyone happy.

Passionate music lovers don't turn to the radio for music. But the other 80-90% of the population that just wants to hear their favorite song does.

Last edited:

But NY rap has been boring and non-existent for a few years now. I think the problem is NYers kinda see that no one misses NY rappers and they feel some kind of way about it.

Nobody misses NY rappers....... Ny rap has produced the some of the best projects in hiphop history.... if your a fan of rap then yes you do miss NY rappers just happens to be NY's best rappers aren't getting an oppurtunity to shine on the big stage yet...

This is just Like the Yankees or Lakers when they our going through their struggles.... Cats who can't stand em and have so much salt they can't wait to throw shots because they know they have a limited time to say it.

Dead on...

I just don't like that high horse bs man. "We started, we did this, we did that" but the fact is NY has always talked down about other regions. I listen to that Maino phone call and just hearing him say "I like the south music, I'm in the club all the time and I rock with it" pisses me off. Like dawg, we make all types of music stop putting us in club & dance genres.

What other regions need to do is stop letting NY eat outside of NY... If it was up to me it would be a no fly zone for NY rappers in the south. Don't come to our CIAAs, Memorial Day weekends none of that, stay out our strip clubs, all that man. Dudes wanna talk down and ride for NY and don't even make money in that city

NY music rant over :lol:

LMAO
that call between maino and trinidad is havin me rollin
BUT maino doin toooo much over this

the malcom x quote was hilarious

rather see maino bully somebody else though
he kinda bullying someone who aint "hard"
wanna see what him and fif woulda be like beefin

I just don't like that high horse bs man. "We started, we did this, we did that" but the fact is NY has always talked down about other regions. I listen to that Maino phone call and just hearing him say "I like the south music, I'm in the club all the time and I rock with it" pisses me off. Like dawg, we make all types of music stop putting us in club & dance genres.

So now we're the ones who put you in the club and dance genres? Not the overwhelming popularity of southern club/dance music propelled to the forefront by southern rap fans? There's plenty of lyrical rappers out the south but let's not pretend like they're running the airways. Just look how some of ya'll will support anything that comes out of the South just to spite us. We're here having a conversation about Trinidad James and there's less of you concerned with the fact that he's trash than there are concerned with the fact that he tried to isht on New York. That's always been the great divide between NY and the South. Up here we call trash trash, no matter where its from. Down there it's "you don't need lyrics to get the club rockin." And at the end of the day, it's ya'll prerogative if you want to support that. But don't get mad when a spade gets called a spade.

So now we're the ones who put you in the club and dance genres? Not the overwhelming popularity of southern club/dance music propelled to the forefront by southern rap fans? There's plenty of lyrical rappers out the south but let's not pretend like they're running the airways. Just look how some of ya'll will support anything that comes out of the South just to spite us. We're here having a conversation about Trinidad James and there's less of you concerned with the fact that he's trash than there are concerned with the fact that he tried to isht on New York. That's always been the great divide between NY and the South. Up here we call trash trash, no matter where its from. Down there it's "you don't need lyrics to get the club rockin." And at the end of the day, it's ya'll prerogative if you want to support that. But don't get mad when a spade gets called a spade.

Trinidad James All Gold Everything is a better/bigger record than Hi Hater... The guy that "dissed" NY on stage may be garbage but the dude defending NY is just as garbage.

And that's the problem with NY, it's not about y'all :lol:... We don't support artist to spite NY :rofl: ... We support artist b/c we like/love our Artist and their music.

A lot of people down here listen to stuff from NY out of respect and homage not necessarily b/c we like or relate to that stuff

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom