TRON LEGACY Countdown - 12/17/10 - OPENS MIDNIGHT TONIGHT/ TOMORROW

Considering how many plot holes were in the original, I felt that this movie did it's best to try to make some sense of "The Grid."

My 3 Positives and Negatives...
Spoiler [+]
Negatives
1. Michael Sheen (Castor/Zuse) was such a useless character that really had a lot of potential
2. For an action movie, a lot of the scenes were genuinely boring
3. The entire cast really didn't deliver and there was virtually no emotional element (even with the attempt of the father/son arc)

Positives
1. Story was much better than expected. I thought that the idea of the Isotopes, though cheesy, at least introduced something new to The Grid
2. Visuals and music. I clump these together because they're the last thing I really look for in a film (behind story/acting), and both were very well done
3. A good upgrade to the original Tron. Even if you strip away the updated tech for the visuals, it would still be a worthy sequel.

I know that a sequel is in the works, and I just hope it takes another leap forward story-wise.

Considering how many plot holes were in the original, I felt that this movie did it's best to try to make some sense of "The Grid."

My 3 Positives and Negatives...
Spoiler [+]
Negatives
1. Michael Sheen (Castor/Zuse) was such a useless character that really had a lot of potential
2. For an action movie, a lot of the scenes were genuinely boring
3. The entire cast really didn't deliver and there was virtually no emotional element (even with the attempt of the father/son arc)

Positives
1. Story was much better than expected. I thought that the idea of the Isotopes, though cheesy, at least introduced something new to The Grid
2. Visuals and music. I clump these together because they're the last thing I really look for in a film (behind story/acting), and both were very well done
3. A good upgrade to the original Tron. Even if you strip away the updated tech for the visuals, it would still be a worthy sequel.

I know that a sequel is in the works, and I just hope it takes another leap forward story-wise.

Is it me or did they use bible references as the core plot? Clu being man mad at God, Jesus doing the work of his father self sacrifing and the ending?

Soundtrack though?

The Son of Flynn and Derrezzed
pimp.gif

Is it me or did they use bible references as the core plot? Clu being man mad at God, Jesus doing the work of his father self sacrifing and the ending?

Soundtrack though?

The Son of Flynn and Derrezzed
pimp.gif

I admit the movie had its boring parts but it was better then i expected, they've opened up the story for a better sequel if wanted.
Great soundtrack to i was surprised to see daft punk in the DJ booth.

I admit the movie had its boring parts but it was better then i expected, they've opened up the story for a better sequel if wanted.
Great soundtrack to i was surprised to see daft punk in the DJ booth.

I feel like this is a movie people will either Love or Hate.

I personally Loved the movie...it stayed true to the original TRON.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

That is good to know.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

That is good to know.

Can someone please just explain why the iso's are so special. Like i get that they are like the "key" to everything. I just don't understand exactly how/why they are so special. He said that the conditions were perfect, and that they just "happened". But could someone just give me a quick explanation of it.

Can someone please just explain why the iso's are so special. Like i get that they are like the "key" to everything. I just don't understand exactly how/why they are so special. He said that the conditions were perfect, and that they just "happened". But could someone just give me a quick explanation of it.

Just saw this today in 3D. This was a good movie to see in theaters. I had never seen the original TRON so I might have missed some references to the original. I thought the story was okay. Pretty cliche but it's a Disney movie and I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing in that department. What was great though was the visuals and the soundtrack. I have had the soundtrack by Daft Punk for about a month now and hearing the songs play with the visuals took it to another level. I was not a fan of the main character. He could have honestly been played by anyone. Lots of corny lines throughout the movie. On a more positive note, Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett were
eek.gif

Just saw this today in 3D. This was a good movie to see in theaters. I had never seen the original TRON so I might have missed some references to the original. I thought the story was okay. Pretty cliche but it's a Disney movie and I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing in that department. What was great though was the visuals and the soundtrack. I have had the soundtrack by Daft Punk for about a month now and hearing the songs play with the visuals took it to another level. I was not a fan of the main character. He could have honestly been played by anyone. Lots of corny lines throughout the movie. On a more positive note, Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett were
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

worth it to see this movie in IMAX 3D or is Disney Digital 3D good enough?

Imax 3-D! Saw it opening day, the soundtrack and visuals are FLAWLESS together.
People claiming the movie sucked probably watched a bootleg cam.

I take back what I said earlier, after seeing it for the second time:

Olivia Wilde > Beau Garrett
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom