TRON LEGACY Countdown - 12/17/10 - OPENS MIDNIGHT TONIGHT/ TOMORROW

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

worth it to see this movie in IMAX 3D or is Disney Digital 3D good enough?

Imax 3-D! Saw it opening day, the soundtrack and visuals are FLAWLESS together.
People claiming the movie sucked probably watched a bootleg cam.

I take back what I said earlier, after seeing it for the second time:

Olivia Wilde > Beau Garrett
pimp.gif

Original Tron was so much better.  Maybe its the fact that I hate movies that are all about the visuals.

Spoiler [+]
Hated how much they muted Tron in this movie.  He's the damn movie's name sake.  Then at the end in a matter of 5 minutes we find out 1. he's alive and 2. he returns to the good side.

Zeus character was a waste.

ISOs seemed like some random !%* invention.

Jeff Bridges powers/limitations weren't fully explained.  The end where he slams the ground just seems like a huge cop out.

Original Tron was so much better.  Maybe its the fact that I hate movies that are all about the visuals.

Spoiler [+]
Hated how much they muted Tron in this movie.  He's the damn movie's name sake.  Then at the end in a matter of 5 minutes we find out 1. he's alive and 2. he returns to the good side.

Jeff Bridges powers/limitations weren't fully explained.  The end where he slams the ground just seems like a huge cop out.

I finally gave in an saw this movie in Disney 3d and I thought it was worth it. The visual was great and I thought the character development was pretty good. The plot was mediocre but I wasn't expecting much from a Disney movie  ala Pirates of the Caribbean.

I tried not to question too much because it would have taken me out of the the movie and just accepted what was thrown at me. Much better to walk in with low expectations that way I won't be disappointed
wink.gif

Oh yeah Olivia
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and Beau
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I finally gave in an saw this movie in Disney 3d and I thought it was worth it. The visual was great and I thought the character development was pretty good. The plot was mediocre but I wasn't expecting much from a Disney movie  ala Pirates of the Caribbean.

I tried not to question too much because it would have taken me out of the the movie and just accepted what was thrown at me. Much better to walk in with low expectations that way I won't be disappointed
wink.gif

Oh yeah Olivia
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and Beau
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

Can someone please just explain why the iso's are so special. Like i get that they are like the "key" to everything. I just don't understand exactly how/why they are so special. He said that the conditions were perfect, and that they just "happened". But could someone just give me a quick explanation of it.

Certainly, my GF asked the same thing...

The ISOs were not programs that were created by him... They evolved on their own and became ''virtual living organisms'' to say the least.
(for example:smile: we humans evolved on planet earth over millions of years.... the ISOs did the exact same just inside the "grid" that he created.

(remember:smile: a year on the ''grid'' was minutes on the outside in real life..

All the programs in the grid were created by the creator and given a certain purpose which was army/games/etc... The ISO's were not programs... they were like (in real life) a distant tribe of people foreign to the city he created... Clu was a digital copy and was programmed to create a perfect system... He saw the ISOs as an imperfection so he destroyed them...
ISOs were also special because if one was brought back through the portal the use of her DNA could have saved millions cured cancer etc.....

hope that helps....

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

Can someone please just explain why the iso's are so special. Like i get that they are like the "key" to everything. I just don't understand exactly how/why they are so special. He said that the conditions were perfect, and that they just "happened". But could someone just give me a quick explanation of it.

Certainly, my GF asked the same thing...

The ISOs were not programs that were created by him... They evolved on their own and became ''virtual living organisms'' to say the least.
(for example:smile: we humans evolved on planet earth over millions of years.... the ISOs did the exact same just inside the "grid" that he created.

(remember:smile: a year on the ''grid'' was minutes on the outside in real life..

All the programs in the grid were created by the creator and given a certain purpose which was army/games/etc... The ISO's were not programs... they were like (in real life) a distant tribe of people foreign to the city he created... Clu was a digital copy and was programmed to create a perfect system... He saw the ISOs as an imperfection so he destroyed them...
ISOs were also special because if one was brought back through the portal the use of her DNA could have saved millions cured cancer etc.....

hope that helps....

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Spoiler [+]

ISOs were the whole story, Flynn thought he created the Grid (empty computer). He just created a gateway, and learned that he had powers to manipulate
the programing (write new script). When he went searching for proof to bring back to the real world the "ISOs" were proof that the Grid was self sustaining
alternate dimension. CLU was a corrupt program, if you watch the first Tron he's a hack program that doesn't have to follow commands. So when Flynn left
him in charge the ISO's were fruastrating because they didn't have to follow commands either and CLU couldn't execute "the perfect world".

The ending is Flynn's understanding of the Grid, now that he's spent time there he understands he could control it from inside (i.e. write scripts), but it appears he's God like.

His limitations were explained, he took part of himself to create Clu ...he was "wired" into the Grid. It's like you OS is updating and says "Do Not Turn Off". If he turned
of Clu, then he destroys the Grid and everything in it, ultimately himself.

I thought they did a good job of explaining things the first Tron didn't.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Spoiler [+]

ISOs were the whole story, Flynn thought he created the Grid (empty computer). He just created a gateway, and learned that he had powers to manipulate
the programing (write new script). When he went searching for proof to bring back to the real world the "ISOs" were proof that the Grid was self sustaining
alternate dimension. CLU was a corrupt program, if you watch the first Tron he's a hack program that doesn't have to follow commands. So when Flynn left
him in charge the ISO's were fruastrating because they didn't have to follow commands either and CLU couldn't execute "the perfect world".

The ending is Flynn's understanding of the Grid, now that he's spent time there he understands he could control it from inside (i.e. write scripts), but it appears he's God like.

His limitations were explained, he took part of himself to create Clu ...he was "wired" into the Grid. It's like you OS is updating and says "Do Not Turn Off". If he turned
of Clu, then he destroys the Grid and everything in it, ultimately himself.

I thought they did a good job of explaining things the first Tron didn't.

Originally Posted by lyricist343

All the programs in the grid were created by the creator and given a certain purpose which was army/games/etc...  He saw the ISOs as an imperfection so he destroyed them...
ISOs were also special because if one was brought back through the portal the use of her DNA could have saved millions cured cancer etc.......
True and False ..kinda

"The Games" was a way for programs to escape derezzed by proving not to be "obsolete" and have a purpose (destroying unidentified programs)

Tron was "security" software against corrupt files viruses i.e. "I fight for the users"

ISO's manifested through evolution and Flynn planned to study their make-up as "proof" of The Grid and viable evidence to challenge religion.

All the programs in the grid were created by the creator and given a certain purpose which was army/games/etc...  He saw the ISOs as an imperfection so he destroyed them...
ISOs were also special because if one was brought back through the portal the use of her DNA could have saved millions cured cancer etc.......
True and False ..kinda

"The Games" was a way for programs to escape derezzed by proving not to be "obsolete" and have a purpose (destroying unidentified programs)

Tron was "security" software against corrupt files viruses i.e. "I fight for the users"

ISO's manifested through evolution and Flynn planned to study their make-up as "proof" of The Grid and viable evidence to challenge religion.

thought this movie was great, and I agree with you Stockholm. Their was some biblical undertones in the plot, atleast it seemed like it. God vs devil type stuff

thought this movie was great, and I agree with you Stockholm. Their was some biblical undertones in the plot, atleast it seemed like it. God vs devil type stuff

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

True and False ..kinda

Yup! Exactly, I was going to add religion in there but it slipped my mind..
All I could remember Flynn saying was something about a cure in their DNA or something along those lines..
laugh.gif

or maybe.... I was too high..
happy.gif

All in all great movie!! Loved how it picked up right after the original one..

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

True and False ..kinda

Yup! Exactly, I was going to add religion in there but it slipped my mind..
All I could remember Flynn saying was something about a cure in their DNA or something along those lines..
laugh.gif

or maybe.... I was too high..
happy.gif

All in all great movie!! Loved how it picked up right after the original one..

Just like everyone has said...Great visuals and Music....been listening to the SDTK non stop.
But the script and dialogue....EEEHHH
I could've wrote something 3x times better.

Just like everyone has said...Great visuals and Music....been listening to the SDTK non stop.

Wait.. I just looked on fandango and are iMax tickets really $17 these days before fandango slaps on they're convenience charge?

Wait.. I just looked on fandango and are iMax tickets really $17 these days before fandango slaps on they're convenience charge?

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

How complex should a Disney script be?

Oh I know! They should explain quantum mechanics to 8-13 year olds

Or go into detail about  XML and JavaScript as the explanation for the "God like" ending.

pimp.gif
I'm with you sir
*toasts champage glass and sips redbull with pinky figer pointed chewing on a payday from moms basement*

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

How complex should a Disney script be?

Oh I know! They should explain quantum mechanics to 8-13 year olds

Or go into detail about  XML and JavaScript as the explanation for the "God like" ending.

pimp.gif
I'm with you sir
*toasts champage glass and sips redbull with pinky figer pointed chewing on a payday from moms basement*

Back
Top Bottom