True Life: I'm homeless

Keeping the car will help big time delivering pizza, auto parts etc. Should be easier to some cash in your pocket and stay busy through out the days

Sounds like you won't pass the Uber background check due to your situation but it's always worth a shot.

Don't be too proud to try to get a lesser job. Start making some steady money and you can get some sort of legitimate shelter.

What part of Baltimore u at. I can't do much for shelter but I got u if u need anything else

I work in the Towson area OP. Hit me up if I can help outside of shelter. A meal or just someone to rap to if you need it.

I never heard prostitutes referred to as lizards before. Some new lingo learned.

If you don't wanna get attached to a fat chick put an ad out on craigslist.
Yep lot lizards

I don't know if they still do it but
Truckers would put these stickers on the side of their trucks (lizards) to let them know they straight off that.

Now im not broke
Prides a mf aint it OP 
mean.gif

Nothing but love for you, things will get better though trust.

I understand your legal situation and why you can't leave the state.

I'm in a similar situation myself, fortunately I live with my parents and they are finicialy stable so I don't have to worry about that.

As you still do have a few days left, really look into an odd job that's off the books or a job that doesn't require a background check. I had two jobs working on Wall Street in the summer, but eventually lost it when it came time to promote me because my background check came in. And then I worked in my schools bookstore, and when I banged out the interview but when filling out the paperwork I stole the background check one and just handed in the rest. I eventually left, but nothing ever came up cause I never signed the background check one.

I was recently watching videos on world star and how these dudes turned a 3 bedroom apartment to a 10 bedroom apartment, and rented it out using AirBnb. The dudes were paying like $35 a night. It's brick city out here in NY, so if it does get cold you can look into that.

I feel like one of your best bets, especially to utilize your time properly is to check out Uber. You don't want to be wasting your time. Learn a technical skill, and master it if you must. But just don't waste your time. Literally time is money now. Obviously a brethren of NT, and as much as its tabooed; resell. YZY SZN.

From everything I read, you seem prepared for this transition. I think other things you may want to do is plan out your next two weeks or so. Like what exactly are you going to be doing each day, and what exactly you're going to be eating on those days. I feel like it should help somehow, like I eat when I want too. But if you have a set schedule on when you're going to eat, such as instead of eating three times a day you eat two times a day. Brunch and dinner. Or just breakfast (being the largest) and dinner.

Watch your schedule on sleep. From your post I'm getting a lot of positive vibes, but it is a depressing situation. Depression will have you sleeping for days famb, and I feel like during the colder weather it's harder to wake up in the mornings and you just may want to sleep.

I'm not sure what else to say, but you still have a few days left. Maybe talk to your landlord, if you have to just lie about getting a new place and stay for an extra week rent free. I'm not sure how big your ego is, and how you feel about taking hand outs, but take them. If someone is trying to help, take that opportunity.

We are blessed to live in the generation of Internet. There are definitely people out there in a similar situation like you. Personally, I would want to be dolo but it wouldn't hurt to have a friend or two.

Make use of your time. Time is your only friend, and your worst enemy.

Good luck OP. I'm hopping to a see a success story down the line and we can all petition it to DJ Khaled for a key to success story famb.

Find an abandon home ? I met this customer at work who's living in a abandoned home .. He left Florida last year. 2015 to ride a bicycle with a lot or all of his stuff to go to Vancouver Canada ... He's kinda stuck here since there's a lot of snow and cold windy days here in Wyoming .. You should be thankful for a job and being able to stay in a nice car that you could turn on heat .

Stay safe OP. Remember restaurants have free water cups, idk how common they are in that part of the country but there's dollar stores all over. Maybe a thrift shop for a blanket. Wish you the best and a quick rebound.

As the title says. Im homeless. Well im going to be come this weekend. I dont want to get into too much detail about it but, I had 2 jobs, lost one and the other I cant work there until some things clear up. Now im not broke, but I cant spend all my savings on rent etc. Getting a job would be somewhat difficult right now because of my situation that I need to "clear up". I knew this was coming a few months ago so I started planning for it, but Id also like some input and other ideas on surviving.

Shelter- My car. I still have a car note and plan on holding onto it till its paid off. Its not alot left, but I need to keep as much fluid cash as possible. Its getting cold (15 degrees at night) so I got some blankets, mylar sheets and pillow for the back seat. Ill check out some stores for sleeping bags cause they'll be warmer.

Hygiene- Gym membership. I can shower, brush my teeth shave etc. And also keep some clothes in the locker.

Internet- Besides my cell phone, I guess Ill be at startbucks often

Food- This is the hardest one. Im used to home cooked meals and cant afford to eat out every day. I'd hate to go to a shelter or one of those places but may do so sometimes. I had a few buckets of dehydrated food for when I was "doomsday prepping" but lost them throughout my situation. Ill order about 3 more and that should last me a month or more.

Mail- I got a PO Box

Now, this is not permanent and yes I have relatives that can house me. But they are 200 miles away and I cant leave this state because I have things that need taken care of. I also feel this is something I need to do. It will humble me even more than my current situation. I still plan on living life the best I can and I plan on getting some studying done to get certified in some fields.

Anything else I need to worry about??
Dang man keep your head up. God has a plan for all of us. In a little bit of time you may be telling folks how thankful you are for at one point in time being homeless. Put the work in and you'll see better days.

OP real talk. I know that is you in your Avy. Tinder my friend. Tinder and stay with chicks like that dude in NY does.

I am in the DMV as well if you ever need a meal hit me up for real. I work down by college park and live in Baltimore city so if i am around il def sit down with you get you and kick it. Don't be losing any gains over this. I know i would never cancel my gym membership either. Even when the college loan collectors tell me it isn't necessary i told them naw i ain't cutting that out

stay up op and good luck

I never thought I'd use NT for an outlet like this. It was always relationship related. But Im humbled by the out pour of support from you guys.
There are some good ideas in this thread that should help me through this process. Im still very fortunate to have a vehicle and have people who care about me and love me.
I will get through this. Thank you all

Better days will come.. |I I was homeless for a year. Just just take it easy and deal with things as they come. Don't let yourself break.

The movie SPREAD was the story of my life. I just used girls to have a place to stay and have food which helped out a lot. When I couldn't get a girl to stay with I slept in my car at Walmart, 24 hour gyms, etc anything that's open 24 hrs you can park and sleep in the lot. Also, take any job you can Because any money will help.. Good luck op

Last edited:
What part of MD u at OP ? ... could probly put u on to a few weekly/nightly motel spots u can stay at ...seen one out laurel over the weekend for like $70 or $80 a night , could spend the extra cold /snowy nights in a room instead of your car

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom