Tryna get a car have some questions.

I just got this job at Home Depot as a cashier pays 9.75 an hour. I've had jobs before but this is the first time I wanted to use the money to buy a car. I want a Nissan Maxima or a Camry 2006 is cool. Anyone have one of those? Also what's a good saving plan for a car cause I like clothes a little more than cars so this might not even work out lol. But yea let me know. I've hit google too but personal advice is always cool.

How much money do you have down?

How is your credit ?

Do you have a co-signer?

Are you going to buy str8 Cash?

Did you see how much insurance was for both models?

Do you care how many miles are on the car?

Which car will cost more in maintenance?

Are you okay with Gas, Insurance and Tags and possible car repairs?

Are you ready for everybody and they momma to ask for a ride everywhere?

How is your credit ?

Do you have a co-signer?

Man forget this I'm just gonna keep the van wtf is all this annoying criteria

182645_20130507125447.gif

How is your credit ?

Do you have a co-signer?

This called real life papi.

OP clearly your young as hell

And just to make it clear. I'm in no way trying to bash you.

Don't worry about getting a car right now...you have a minimum wage job (or close to it)..a 2006 maxima is going to cost you almost your whole paycheck. Insurance alone will cost you an arm and a leg if you are as young as you sound.

"I like clothes more than cars"..you got the game messes up pleighboi. You can have a $2000 outfit on and taking the bus and your no better than a ***** in sweatpants riding a round in a busted corolla

All the questions that @LoBCITY asked you are legit. And the fact that your not ready to answer those/unable to answer those, shows that your not ready for a car

Like I said, I'm not trynna bash you though

save up your money. You said you have a van/have access to a van. Just rock with that for now. Dont try and live beyond your means. Your time will come..don't rush to do big man things. Cus with big man things come big man problems my G

How is your credit ?

Do you have a co-signer?

Well, this ended on a good note.

OP clearly your young as hell

And just to make it clear. I'm in no way trying to bash you.

Don't worry about getting a car right now...you have a minimum wage job (or close to it)..a 2006 maxima is going to cost you almost your whole paycheck. Insurance alone will cost you an arm and a leg if you are as young as you sound.

"I like clothes more than cars"..you got the game messes up pleighboi. You can have a $2000 outfit on and taking the bus and your no better than a ***** in sweatpants riding a round in a busted corolla

All the questions that @LoBCITY asked you are legit. And the fact that your not ready to answer those/unable to answer those, shows that your not ready for a car

Like I said, I'm not trynna bash you though

save up your money. You said you have a van/have access to a van. Just rock with that for now. Dont try and live beyond your means. Your time will come..don't rush to do big man things. Cus with big man things come big man problems my G

All of this.

My dude got persuaded out of his plan quick as hell. :lol:

Right! :rofl:

I need a car too. Then I can start buying shoes like its nothing again. Ain't trying have 12-20 different pairs of kicks while riding the bus. Plus you can't get the yambs without wheels :tongue:

A lot of people don't realize that buying a car isn't as easy as it sounds lol.

I just saw that OP is 20yo..insurance for a 20yo male for a (2006 Maxima on top of that!!) may cost just as much a month as the car note will be! :lol:

Tags will cost $200-$500 depending on where you are

If your credit is ****** up you may not even be able to get approved for the car note.

Parking tickets? Traffic Tickets?

Let's not forget about gas (for a 2006 Maxima!!!) easily 60-70 to fill up weekly (depending on how much you drive)

Maintenance..a 2006 car is bound to have issues in about a year or 2...(maybe even a month depending on it's mileage)

Definitely not worth it...especially on a $9/hour salary

Spend that car money you have on some certifications or something to add to your resume. Use that to get a better job and increase that salary. You'll have a 2012 maxima in no time bro. Just focus on the bigger picture :pimp:

Your 20, still young. It's good that you thinking about stuff like this now though

Just buy a car off somebody you know and trust.

flyny flyny

Damn tags really cost $200-$500??? Wtf??? That's whole lot of chicken wings.

What you mepn spend money on certifications for a resume??? What's that????

I owe myschool money. Does that go towards my credit????

SMH life is harder than I thought.......

I just want to make money and get all the yambs...

That's not too much to ask is it???

I'm so lost :frown:

Nutella is nasty

Last edited:
That wage is nowhere close to buying a car like that. I just sold my 2005 Camry with 188k miles on it for $5,000, those things hold their value better than almost anything else out there.

I think you have the right idea going for a Camry. But a car is going to cost so much more than you think. It's just not sustainable for you.

Back
Top Bottom