Turkoglu agrees to terms with the Raptors.....i think

Solid pick up for Toronto and not a bad loss for the Blazers, there's really no point in them going after another SF. With this signing Toronto can REALLYuse Joey Graham back (or Marion if possible).

Originally Posted by rocksfan25

Solid pick up for Toronto and not a bad loss for the Blazers, there's really no point in them going after another SF. With this signing Toronto can REALLY use Joey Graham back (or Marion if possible).
Huh? POR needs a second option behind Roy who can create his own offense. Turk would have filled that role..

Nobody will take POR seriously until they get a third option to go along with Roy and Aldridge

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

THERE IS A GOD!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

WOOO THANK YOU MRS. TURK!!
co-f'ing-sign!!!! Not that I would have hated Turkeyglue playing for us all that much, but Rudy is my fav player on the team and now he'shappy

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Solid pick up for Toronto and not a bad loss for the Blazers, there's really no point in them going after another SF. With this signing Toronto can REALLY use Joey Graham back (or Marion if possible).
Huh? POR needs a second option behind Roy who can create his own offense. Turk would have filled that role..

Nobody will take POR seriously until they get a third option to go along with Roy and Aldridge

When you have a team as deep as Portland, a third option is less needed. They have plenty of wing players on that team that could easily be the 3rd player toscore 20+ points on any given night. Webster can do it if healthy along with Outlaw and Rudy. Depending on if they go after a PG, the PG they bring wouldprobably be able to do it as well.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

When you have a team as deep as Portland, a third option is less needed. They have plenty of wing players on that team that could easily be the 3rd player to score 20+ points on any given night. Webster can do it if healthy along with Outlaw and Rudy. Depending on if they go after a PG, the PG they bring would probably be able to do it as well.
No doubt they are deep, but I won't take them seriously until they get a bonafide source ala Roy and Aldridge. That roster won't ever geta title, do you disagree?

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

laugh.gif

turkoglu is so much better than peja.

not necessarily true.

my point was just that their games arent comparable.

peja is obviously a pure shooter but also a better scorer,

he does it in a less dynamic way but he was putting up 24 ppg in his prime, and while hedo wasnt the #1 option in orlando, peja also did thatbehind chris webber

hedo still hasnt cracked 20ppg yet.

but while hedo can definitely shoot, he's more versatile offensively.

he can handle the ball and be a playmaker, getting to the basket or finding teammates.

there arent a lot of 6'10" dudes out there that can dish out 5 ast per contest.

id be ecstatic if he can put in something like the 19, 5 and 5 from 2 seasons ago.

^ I agree with Enlightened, Hedo is way better than Peja ever was. Like you said Clutchshooter: Peja is strictly a spot-up shooter. He can't create offensefor himself or others and definitely doesn't create matchup problems like Hedo does.

I think Portland definitely lost out because as many on this board mentioned, Roy and Aldridge need help if Portland seriously wants to contend for achampionship. Turkoglu is a perfect piece because he is creative and a good distributor without taking shots from Roy and Aldridge. Hedo is unselfish enough tomake the Blazers a better team overall. Forget Rudy Fernandez's gripe
roll.gif

Read somewhere that Hedo and his wife preferred Toronto all along...not much Portland could do after offering 5/60.

I still like that Blake/Outlaw for Hinrich deal if it's even still on the table.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

When you have a team as deep as Portland, a third option is less needed. They have plenty of wing players on that team that could easily be the 3rd player to score 20+ points on any given night. Webster can do it if healthy along with Outlaw and Rudy. Depending on if they go after a PG, the PG they bring would probably be able to do it as well.
No doubt they are deep, but I won't take them seriously until they get a bonafide source ala Roy and Aldridge. That roster won't ever get a title, do you disagree?

I agree, but adding Turk wouldn't have got them close to winning a title either IMO. That's why I thought the move was kinda pointless in a way. Ithink the team would actually be closer to a title contender if they could've added a veteran PG (Miller, Hinrich, Bibby, etc) rather than just Turkoglu.The make up of their team is already set other than PG.

blake+outlaw for kirk is a no no for me.
adding turk would be a huge step closer to an title then a veteran pg. imo, blake is a good point guard. he has an pass first ability, while being able toknock down an 3. the thing is, they need bayless to develop so that they can ship blake+outlaw.
great way for him to develop is adding turk into their lineup, allowing 3 ball handlers which takes pressure off of bayless.

i dont think this is a good move by the raps...
im kind of pissed...
but oh well..
what they need is a good SG *cough *caron butler* cough*

theyre stacked with SFs....
shawn, joey, demar....

the only REAL SG they have is anthony....

indifferent.gif

i dont know, we'll see what else colangelo has up his sleeve....

yea,
true, my bad....
but they still need a better backcourt that plays both ends....

Originally Posted by arrjae

yea,
true, my bad....
but they still need a better backcourt that plays both ends....
Anthony, Joey and Shawn won't be back.

Demar will start and seems to be a good defender we still have a shot at getting back delfino of the contract is structured right or we work a sign and trade.

^ yea
i heard about getting delfino back....

joeys not coming back?
tired.gif
oh well....

then our bench consists of...
roko, pops, quincy, humpty-dump...

When did Turk become this dynamic all star Lamar Odom type?? Like I said before if he was really THAT good he would still be in Sactown with a maxcontract..Turk benefited from Orlando's offense and being a 6"10 SF ..To say he was ever better than Peja is comedy..Dude couldn't even last aseason on the Spurs.I think Popavich knows quality talent when he sees it..Dudes must have just started watching bball or somethin..yes he will make a good fitwith Toronto but to say hes some NBa all star 10 years into his career is laughable..

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

When did Turk become this dynamic all star Lamar Odom type?? Like I said before if he was really THAT good he would still be in Sactown with a max contract..Turk benefited from Orlando's offense and being a 6"10 SF ..To say he was ever better than Peja is comedy..Dude couldn't even last a season on the Spurs.I think Popavich knows quality talent when he sees it..Dudes must have just started watching bball or somethin..yes he will make a good fit with Toronto but to say hes some NBa all star 10 years into his career is laughable..
The reason Hedo didn't stay in SA is because he doesn't fit their system. He's an uptempo type player, and the Spurs need players whoplay D. I don't know why y'all comparing Hedo and Peja. They're not even the same player.

i dont think hedo would have got this much 'shine' if grant hill stayed...

Good non move for Portland. 50 mil for Turk is bad business, period.

But has to make one wonder if any decent player will ever sign in Portland doesn't it? Toronto that much better city to live in when not winning? Yikes.

Originally Posted by JordanNB23

When did Turk become this dynamic all star Lamar Odom type?? Like I said before if he was really THAT good he would still be in Sactown with a max contract..Turk benefited from Orlando's offense and being a 6"10 SF ..To say he was ever better than Peja is comedy..Dude couldn't even last a season on the Spurs.I think Popavich knows quality talent when he sees it..Dudes must have just started watching bball or somethin..yes he will make a good fit with Toronto but to say hes some NBa all star 10 years into his career is laughable..
Turk has always had this skill set, but never had the ball in his hands till 07 when SVG came to the Magic. He didn't last in San Antoniobecause he didn't mesh well with the system/other players and he was asking for too much money after a sub-par season there.

Back
Top Bottom