TWIN CITIES APPRECIATION THREAD!!!

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

I was a designer and test model sculptor @ Nike, Jordan Brand, and Nike SB.

Now I work for Nike doing market research, studying trends and subculture fads and what sells and doesn't sell...
Sounds pretty cool.
BTW another MN NTer

so when is the summit going down? i think i could get a good laugh out of every NTer that met me

If anyone does wanna set it up bring size 12 freshwater Griffeys and I will be there, I only have 6 pairs, and want at least 5 more.

you guys should check out the Midwest regionals. There's a Twin Cities thread in there...it has a sticky, so it's right at the top.

Seems like there's much less ppl checking that thread than are actually from MN.

I try to get something at least once a summer...usually doesn't work out though.

Post your thoughts over in that thread on Summit ideas. Also, I'm going to go through this thread and friend request the MN NTers if we aren't connected yet to make it easier.

We still gotta get it done, that would be dope as long as no 12 year old kids came, and if they did, we would buy a 40 and a pack of reds. Just how I think everybody was brought up... HAH..

Uptown
pimp.gif
36th and Dupont
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

Woah you are close, I live on 33rd and Garfield, we should drink beers and shoot off BB guns in the back yard..

There are a couple others in the area as well.  South MPLS is the spot to be, though I've been considering moving to the dark side of the river - rent is hella cheap over there
smh.gif

Meet me in Dinkytown today and we can chill. I will have a grey Griffey jersey and grey and orion blue AGM 1s, blue supreme backpack. I'll be at 1313 fifth st se until 3:30, then off to the bar!!!

Well no bar, but I did get some clearance gear and a chick fil a when I was in the U, so thats that. Bought a bottle of Crown Royal and went home..

Checkin in!

Minnesota through and through
8c336d3919038cb35eafea494dd5b73bafd40646_r.gif

It's beautiful out today
glasses.gif

It was so damn hot out, in Dinkytown all afternoon too, all that cement and pavement heating up, humidity, and a double-knit polyester Griffey Mariners jersey, and ugh... It is so bad some days. I swear I may not wear a baseball jersey for the rest of this summer...

Well, that is not true, but I may just wear my cool base jerseys, those are nice as can be with the ventilation..

Damn I need to hit up chik fil a. Even I left my cave and headed uptown. saw a group outside Vs and was thinking of tap tap pulling but passed
laugh.gif
I didn't want to look like a ******, that I and I don't own any nikes anymore
nerd.gif

if i got enough positive feedback (
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
), i'd send out messages and such for a summit on Calhoun...bbq+beers, etc.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Damn I need to hit up chik fil a. Even I left my cave and headed uptown. saw a group outside Vs and was thinking of tap tap pulling but passed
laugh.gif
I didn't want to look like a ******, that I and I don't own any nikes anymore
nerd.gif

But Vs does not even count for a sneaker store anymore. The fact that they have like 4 shoes at the Uptown location says a ton.  Almost all of the kids outside are 94% graffiti groupies, and don't worry about the urge, but to not wear nike's is socially responsible and a good thing. Materialism and obsession about them is what makes things so unhealthy. I mean think about this, we are all obsessive about material objects and or possessions, instant gradification, daddy issues, memories, fitting in, the status quo goes 100% for this completely.

I'll be heading to Minny June 28 to July 2nd, coming from Jersey. What are some things I should do? Where should I eat? Any good local restaurants?

Some things I have planned already is....

2 Twins games
Tour of the Metrodome
Concert at Xcel Energy ( I basically just want to see the Arena, lol)
Concert at the Target Center
Mall of America

What else should I do?

My goal is to hit up every sports stadium/arena so thats most of the reason why im coming to the Twin Cities. Target Field looks like its a beauty.

I'll be staying downtown, at the Hyatt or Graves 601......What is there to do Downtown? Any sneaker spots I should check out?

Thanks.

YO - great thread. I'm spending the summer in Dinkytown, living at a frat off of frat row / University Ave. I'm not in a frat, just found dirt cheap rent there at $300/mo. I work at Saint Mary's University, their office is a few blocks from Park Ave / Franklin.
I'd probably be down for a summit, IDK I've always been really apprehensive about meeting people off of the internet. It would be cool to finally meet some NTers, though. I posted under another name (sonunox34) since like 2002  if anyone recognizes that.

Back
Top Bottom