cuddyer was safe, lol

A's games are never packed these days
smh.gif
But still fun
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Darko for MVP

Most of the fans stayed the whole game believe it or not. I'm a season ticket holder in the bleachers and I always notice fans leaving early(usually top 8th). Wasn't too packed to begin with, but that's a whole different story.
Well I guess that's easy to believe...because it was the THIRD inning when it was 12-2 the fansprobably felt like they had just sat down, ya know?
laugh.gif
...No one would've leftthat early.

The fans that stayed got to view something historic
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Originally Posted by DMan14

wow, just saw the highlights, turned the tv off when the twins got up big
great win for the a's. wonder what the attendance was like at the end of the gm

cuddyer was safe, lol

smh.gif
But still fun
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i havent been to an a's game in awhile.
do they still got guys banging drums?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Too bad there are only 37 people in the stands.

Including the ushers.

laugh.gif

Was it a bad call at the end? Yes. but the Twins shouldn't have let that call decide the game anyway.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

wow, just saw the highlights, turned the tv off when the twins got up big
great win for the a's. wonder what the attendance was like at the end of the gm

cuddyer was safe, lol

smh.gif
But still fun
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i havent been to an a's game in awhile.
do they still got guys banging drums?
nerd.gif

Still got drummers, but they don't come as often. Alot of them just went seperate ways. I started drumming a bit in Right Field, but I would rather justwatch the game. Another dude that sits with the regulars in my section is being off and on about drumming. I would rather focus on the game honestly.

Who cares about the ending twins should have never been down in the first place. Oh well still got my Phillies
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Marv Machamp

Holliday The whole team not named rs not looking like bums for once.
sweeney looked like suga honey ice tea

pulled up on the foul ball, no effort on hr ball, typical base running mind cramp

buck>sween
his catch in tampa doesnt give him carte blanche...and he still doesnt even half-hustle down the line after his typical 4-3 or 6-3 putouts

fun win
/my buds went back to lot to drink
//i missed scutaro walkoff off rivera too...=(
///im driving to next tailgate

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Was at the game
pimp.gif

Being able to witness history
smokin.gif

Having Morneau and Holliday on my fantasy team
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

And if there's any Giants fans that are trying to hate on our moment let me shut you down by saying 1986. I don't even hate your team and I can easily put you in check. Check the numbers.
1986?

thats what im saying.
laugh.gif
Duke dont even know what year it is. I hate whenpeople try to talk about things that happened 20 years ago when they have no relevance to now. That goes for us Niner fans as well

Yeah sue me, meant to say 1989. Typos happen.

But anyways, the reason why A's fans bring it up is because of the fact that we swept you guys in the World Series. The goal for any franchise is to win achampionship, which is what the Giants have not done yet in San Francisco. Like I said, I'm not a "Giants Hater". And dont lie, if you swept usin 89, you would be talking about it just as much as we do.

Oh man, I hated the Twins back when we used to be good.

Now... I just don't like the Twins
laugh.gif

Good ballclub, though, no doubt.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The Twins should get in on George Sherrill.

Nathan, Mijares and Guerrier are great, but after that, you're depending on R.A. Dickey and guys with little experience.
Yeah, about that...
laugh.gif

Why can't we save some runs for tomorrow?
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Anyways, Holliday seems to be getting hot now after returning to his old swing. It took you this *%*$@%@long to change? Shoulda changed after that %!@**# April.
smh.gif
I wonder if anyone will offer up some prospects now. Also, Orlando Cabrera has a .382 avg in July,wonder if anyone would take him too. Interesting week ahead of us...

But anyways, the reason why A's fans bring it up is because of the fact that we swept you guys in the World Series. The goal for any franchise is to win a championship, which is what the Giants have not done yet in San Francisco. Like I said, I'm not a "Giants Hater". And dont lie, if you swept us in 89, you would be talking about it just as much as we do.

I'm having a hard time taking this from an A's fan when Oakland has been cool with squeaking into the playoffs and fizzling out in the first round overthe last decade.

Since we're casting stones in glasshouses:

[table][tr][td]20[/td] [td]1990[/td] [td]Oakland Athletics[/td] [td]AL West[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].636[/td] [td]1st of 7[/td] [td]Lost WS (4-0)[/td] [td]733[/td] [td]570[/td] [td]29.1[/td] [td]31.7[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]Tony LaRussa (103-59)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]1989[/td] [td]Oakland Athletics[/td] [td]AL West[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]99[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].611[/td] [td]1st of 7[/td] [td]Won WS (4-0)[/td] [td]712[/td] [td]576[/td] [td]29.3[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]Tony LaRussa (99-63)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]1988[/td] [td]Oakland Athletics[/td] [td]AL West[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].642[/td] [td]1st of 7[/td] [td]Lost WS (4-1)[/td] [td]800[/td] [td]620[/td] [td]28.0[/td] [td]28.8[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]Tony LaRussa (104-58)[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Bastitch

But anyways, the reason why A's fans bring it up is because of the fact that we swept you guys in the World Series. The goal for any franchise is to win a championship, which is what the Giants have not done yet in San Francisco. Like I said, I'm not a "Giants Hater". And dont lie, if you swept us in 89, you would be talking about it just as much as we do.

I'm having a hard time taking this from an A's fan when Oakland has been cool with squeaking into the playoffs and fizzling out in the first round over the last decade.

[table][tr][td]20[/td] [td]1990[/td] [td]Oakland Athletics[/td] [td]AL West[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].636[/td] [td]1st of 7[/td] [td]Lost WS (4-0)[/td] [td]733[/td] [td]570[/td] [td]29.1[/td] [td]31.7[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]Tony LaRussa (103-59)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]1989[/td] [td]Oakland Athletics[/td] [td]AL West[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]99[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].611[/td] [td]1st of 7[/td] [td]Won WS (4-0)[/td] [td]712[/td] [td]576[/td] [td]29.3[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]Tony LaRussa (99-63)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]1988[/td] [td]Oakland Athletics[/td] [td]AL West[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].642[/td] [td]1st of 7[/td] [td]Lost WS (4-1)[/td] [td]800[/td] [td]620[/td] [td]28.0[/td] [td]28.8[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]Tony LaRussa (104-58)[/td] [/tr][/table]
"squeaking" in? its baseball where only 4 teams make the playoffs in each league so there are many times where you only get in by agame or two above the second place team. its not basketball where 16 teams make the playoffs

Going to be a very interesting week ahead for our A's. Holliday, O-Cab, Wuertz, all of them could be with a new team by the end of next week. As long asthey bring us back a decent haul, I'm good. To bad Duke wasn't healthy, we should've moved him last year when we had the chance.

Originally Posted by solefob

I'm having a hard time taking this from an A's fan when Oakland has been cool with squeaking into the playoffs and fizzling out in the first round over the last decade.

"squeaking" in? its baseball where only 4 teams make the playoffs in each league so there are many times where you only get in by a game or two above the second place team. its not basketball where 16 teams make the playoffs
Out of everything I wrote, that's what you're contesting? That doesn't even address the whole"not good enough to win it all, just good enough for the playoffs" thing I was getting at, since, you know, "it's all about winning thechampionship".

Originally Posted by solefob

"squeaking" in? its baseball where only 4 teams make the playoffs in each league so there are many times where you only get in by a game or two above the second place team. its not basketball where 16 teams make the playoffs
Out of everything I wrote, that's what you're contesting? That doesn't even address the whole "not good enough to win it all, just good enough for the playoffs" thing I was getting at, since, you know, "it's all about winning the championship".
I actually don't like your bit about 'fizzling' out of the playoffs, Bastitch.

Each time they went into the playoffs earlier this decade the A's forced their first round matches into the final game, hardly what I'd call'fizzling.'

If you want to call it a meltdown, that would be different. Not something I'd necessarily agree with, but can't be defended too well, either/

Back
Top Bottom