u can edit ur username now

:sick: @ the previous sn being displayed below the new one. Is that permanent?

Its appreciated tho cuz now with a lot of these new sn im like

osDP6pc.gif

:sick: @ the previous sn being displayed below the new one. Is that permanent?
This in many ways emblematic of the migration experience for the staff.

If you go back through not only this thread, but others involving the move or name changes, many people have expressed confusion - as is understandable when dozens of well known community members all change their names at once - and wondered why we haven't done anything to help yet and when the "formerly known as" labels would be applied.

Now, I fully expect a lot more posts like "why did you show people's old names? I didn't want people to know who I was, this is so ugly, get rid of it, my eyes, why!?!"

We can't win.

And if we were to go back to Huddler tomorrow, "Why can't I embed Twitter/IG anymore? What happened to quote notifications? Why is the desktop site so slow? Why is the mobile site missing so many features?"

Ours is a diverse community, and different people want different things. Clearly, not everyone's going to be satisfied by any given decision, so all we can reasonably do is explain each one and continue to listen and be responsive to the community's needs.

Adding "formerly known as" custom user titles by hand for everyone who performed a significant name change has required a major time commitment. It's not fun. It is, however, necessary to help make the transition - and the name change option that so many of you wanted - less jarring.

Think of them like name tags. They are needed to treat the initial confusion and unfamiliarity generated by the dozens and dozens of user name changes that have been made since launch. After a few months, they'll no longer be necessary and we can look into removing them.

Now, I fully expect a lot more posts like "why did you show people's old names? I didn't want people to know who I was, this is so ugly, get rid of it, my eyes, why!?!"

After a few months, they'll no longer be necessary and we can look into removing them.
This literally could have been your response and it would've sufficed. :lol:

Hopefully you do eventually remove them because it's an eye sore.

My next question was going to be is there a limit to how many times we can change it.

Awesome.

So where do you go and change your signature? For the life of me, I can seem to find where to do that.

changed mine to Fresh Prince of Harvey, a guy I used hoop with called me that when I lived in Harvey, Illinois. then it became my youtube username, and the I wanted to use on here in 1st place but it was too long of a username.

changed mine to Fresh Prince of Harvey, a guy I used hoop with called me that when I lived in Harvey, Illinois. then it became my youtube username, and the I wanted to use on here in 1st place but it was too long of a username.

Who were you previously

Yoooooooo the formerly thing in the screen name is so damn dope. Makes it so much easier to track people's changes.

Good stuff, Meth. :pimp:

Yeah, I really like the Formerly Known As tag.
In fact. I wish I could opt to keep it forever. Then I'd be more inclined to change my SN lol

Back
Top Bottom