U.S. Soldiers Allegedly Killed Afghan Civilians, Kept Body Parts As Trophies

When a man gets used to taking the lives of other men the lines between right and wrong dissolve. I go 28 and 5 on MW 2 and sometimes I get cold sweats. So much blood spilt its like I'm a machine......... in real seriousness god bless the families and the deceased in this disgusting display of humanity.

When a man gets used to taking the lives of other men the lines between right and wrong dissolve. I go 28 and 5 on MW 2 and sometimes I get cold sweats. So much blood spilt its like I'm a machine......... in real seriousness god bless the families and the deceased in this disgusting display of humanity.

smh.gif

Soldiers aren't necessarily "model citizens", quite a few of them are the scum of society. Not all, but a few.

Soldiers aren't necessarily "model citizens", quite a few of them are the scum of society. Not all, but a few.

That gives a terrible reputation for others. Garnering even more hatred towards the ones simply doing their jobs.

They not only killed 3 other people, but they are endangering the lives of thousands

That gives a terrible reputation for others. Garnering even more hatred towards the ones simply doing their jobs.

They not only killed 3 other people, but they are endangering the lives of thousands

No doubt. They may very well have been sociopathic before they enlisted, but I have my doubts.

I think the phenomena of group think is to blame here. But to take measures to pre-meditatively kill for the sake of sport definitely sounds sociopathic. They found fingers and a skull kept as trophies. Can the trauma of war really do that to someone?

"Should I do the right thing and put myself in danger for it. Or just shut up and deal with it," he wrote his parents. "There are no more good men left here. It eats away at my conscience everyday."

No doubt. They may very well have been sociopathic before they enlisted, but I have my doubts.

I think the phenomena of group think is to blame here. But to take measures to pre-meditatively kill for the sake of sport definitely sounds sociopathic. They found fingers and a skull kept as trophies. Can the trauma of war really do that to someone?

"Should I do the right thing and put myself in danger for it. Or just shut up and deal with it," he wrote his parents. "There are no more good men left here. It eats away at my conscience everyday."

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Acts like these endanger everyone, not just other soldiers.

But when something like this happens, you can forget about winning the hearts of the Afghani people.  That is for sure.

A year ago, I was on the fence.  I thought maybe we could actually win this thing and do some good.

Now, we will be forced to leave in X amount of years.  And when that happens, then in an Y amount of months, things will go back to exactly how they were.  And then, in Z amount of years, we can expect another attack.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Acts like these endanger everyone, not just other soldiers.

But when something like this happens, you can forget about winning the hearts of the Afghani people.  That is for sure.

A year ago, I was on the fence.  I thought maybe we could actually win this thing and do some good.

Now, we will be forced to leave in X amount of years.  And when that happens, then in an Y amount of months, things will go back to exactly how they were.  And then, in Z amount of years, we can expect another attack.

[h1]Relatives Tell of Civilians Killed by U.S. Soldiers[/h1]KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — It was difficult enough for the people of western Kandahar Province. They are beleaguered both by the Taliban, who control the roads, demand taxes and execute anyone suspected of disloyalty, and by the American military, who often show little regard for people and whose demands that locals stand up to the insurgents seem unreasonable.

Some 30,000 American soldiers are taking part in the Afghanistan surge. Here are the stories of the men and women of First Battalion, 87th Infantry.

Notes from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and other areas of conflict in the post-9/11 era. Go to the Blog »

Still, there was no reason to anticipate something far worse: American soldiers suspected of being a sadistic rogue band led by Sgt. Calvin Gibbs.

For Mullah Allah Dad, a poppy farmer and the mullah of a hamlet of just 15 homes in Kandahar Province, the end came quickly. He was sipping tea when he heard screams, and several of his children ran in. American soldiers in tanks were coming, they told him. Moments later, two young soldiers came in and grabbed him, his wife, Mora, said.

“In a minute I heard shooting,

[h1]Relatives Tell of Civilians Killed by U.S. Soldiers[/h1]KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — It was difficult enough for the people of western Kandahar Province. They are beleaguered both by the Taliban, who control the roads, demand taxes and execute anyone suspected of disloyalty, and by the American military, who often show little regard for people and whose demands that locals stand up to the insurgents seem unreasonable.

Some 30,000 American soldiers are taking part in the Afghanistan surge. Here are the stories of the men and women of First Battalion, 87th Infantry.

Notes from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and other areas of conflict in the post-9/11 era. Go to the Blog »

Still, there was no reason to anticipate something far worse: American soldiers suspected of being a sadistic rogue band led by Sgt. Calvin Gibbs.

For Mullah Allah Dad, a poppy farmer and the mullah of a hamlet of just 15 homes in Kandahar Province, the end came quickly. He was sipping tea when he heard screams, and several of his children ran in. American soldiers in tanks were coming, they told him. Moments later, two young soldiers came in and grabbed him, his wife, Mora, said.

“In a minute I heard shooting,

Back
Top Bottom