Votes: 10 6.2%
  • .5 Small

Votes: 38 23.5%
  • Narrow

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Wide

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
Can anybody help me out with a size 11 Floor General with the inscription?  Checked 5 spots so far with no luck.  Thank you for any help!

Can anybody help me out with a size 11 Floor General with the inscription?  Checked 5 spots so far with no luck.  Thank you for any help!

Which spot you check out? I'll be at stonestown mall tomorrow, can check champs, footlocker, and sports authority.

Good to hear. I figured they needed some breaking in before making a final judgment.  Got spoiled with the Curry 1s feeling comfortable so quick. I need some more wear time on my twos. The Homes are the only other pair Id like to get but I want to make sure my feet like them first.

What's the benefit of segmenting the outsole vs not segmenting in general? Besides transition
Good question.  I'd lean towards more freedom I guess in terms of all the different foot movements, cuts, toe offs and so on, but the right shank plate would still keep things where they should be, like the XX8 and Curry 2.  But I have no idea or preference really, and some of my favorite shoes have been both one piece and segmented.

The stability to me might have to do with the Curry 1's overall design, where the outsole meets the heel counter.  It doesn't just flare straight out like the CF Drive or Curry 2, but dips in and then extends out again.  Could be one reason why I feel more stable in the Curry 2, along with the traction pattern and surface area of the outsole.
Any difference in shoe technology compared to the ones?The curry ones aren't that great for traction. Maybe it's me.
Yeah, some differences, better check the big boy youtubers for a detailed breakdown, but if you're asking about the outsole it's definitely the pattern.  I mentioned a long time ago that I don't like flat herringbone like the Curry 1 and CF Drive, so I'm glad they angled it for the Curry 2. 

Curry 1 traction was only good on clean courts, after wiping.  That's one thing that clearly separates the two.  When I play on a dusty or old court, I wouldn't even think about playing in my Curry 1's.

Went to my local House of Hoops to check out the Curry 2. Checked the inside of the shoe, and the insole is NOT removeable, which means I can't wear the shoe. Too bad.

Good question.  I'd lean towards more freedom I guess in terms of all the different foot movements, cuts, toe offs and so on, but the right shank plate would still keep things where they should be, like the XX8 and Curry 2.  But I have no idea or preference really, and some of my favorite shoes have been both one piece and segmented.
agreed, i think what sets xx8 apart is that it only has the cf plate and flight plate to connect the heel and forefoot. there's literarly no midsole at midfoot. where as the curry 2, m11, lebron 13, fly wade 2, etc that i can think of has a midsole that connects the midfoot. 

those with the floor generals, what color is the UA logo exactly? Is it honey mustard?

Back
Top Bottom