UA Curry 4

^im glad they work for you but i think you are an exception to the rule. most reviewers have also noted the pinching and completely nonexistent cushioning and i am sadly confirming they are absolutely right

I'm actually trying to look for more CW :lol: but i noticed eastbay dont ship outside US anymore or probably for selected shoes like this?

^im glad they work for you but i think you are an exception to the rule. most reviewers have also noted the pinching and completely nonexistent cushioning and i am sadly confirming they are absolutely right

I felt it too, man. I have the more dimes cw btw. I dunno if that material breaks in faster or what but i suggest give it a chance. I have a friend who has the the same CW but his pinching problem went away after several games

The smooth synthetic uppers are harder to break in imo. The Christmas colorway gave me almost no discomfort but the black and white pair took a really long time to break in

It's not a terrible hoop shoe. I still use it pretty regularly - I have the white/black pair and the Christmas colorway. The traction is insane. I think I've gone 2-3 weeks without wiping while I'm playing. It's just nuts. Even in the 2 I had to wipe the dust off, but with the 4 it's a non-issue. The fit is crazy. I feel super locked in. I agree the upper takes a while to break in. I have no pinching now. Even if I tighten the laces, there's no pinching (took about a week and a half to fully break in.) Even though the cushion seems to be pretty low profile, I don't really have any knee/leg pain. I like response anyway though - for a point of reference the crazy explosive was way too mushy for me and I felt super slow in them.

If this shoe had just a little better cushion I think these would be perfect. I like the synthetic upper, but I'm probably in the minority. I think the knit/mesh uppers are just too forgiving. Give me a strong synthetic that'll hold my foot in place. Part of the reason I liked the 2 so much also was the synthetic in the forefoot. You KNOW your foot's not sliding off of that thing. Set-ups like the Harden Vol. 2 are weird to me. Mesh/knit in the forefeet seems weird to me.

We'll see how I feel about these in a few months. I go back and forth on them a lot.

This is the most disappointing shoe ever. They're unplayable on the court. They look so good. But the shoe pinches the top of your foot to the point where it rubs your skin off. The cushion is nonexistent. I'm not going to break in a shoe if the process results in bleeding. When pics surfaced in the finals I thought this could be the best hoop shoe ever. A successor to the Curry 2 with updated and improved aesthetics. But sadly they did not deliver. Avoid at all costs.
100% agree....I went from extremely excited to extremely disappointed. Shoe pinches the top of your toes to the point of bleeding.

I get pinching on the white/gold but I don’t play in those I’m sure you guys know the reason :lol:

They’re not too uncomfortable but not pillows either. The transition and court feel are the highlight but I need more cushion. Hopefully the 5s get a bit more *they release on his birthday btw.

Back to the 4, style is a plus, traction is on point, fit is great but the thin synthetic with no padding is a major disappointment. I mainly wear them casually for that reason. Curry 1-3 are the go-to’s

373E7F33-3852-492B-B315-F73AEC79F211.png

Already?! The 4s had so much potential. IMO, there was only one good GR cw. The best ones were PEs (Black/Gold Parade, White to Royal Gradient and Taxi/Black), unfortunately. :frown:

Last edited:
The smooth synthetic uppers are harder to break in imo. The Christmas colorway gave me almost no discomfort but the black and white pair took a really long time to break in

that's what my buddy said, he's got the blue pair and it took him a couple sessions to break in a little to make it comfortable to play in, and the christmas colorway, he just jumped right in and almost zero break in time needed.

i really want to cop a pair but i'm old and my knees are fragile, after playing in the kyrie 2s and hurting for two days, i am literally afraid to hoop in these, and my buddy said it's the same when it comes to court feel and cushion(or the lack of).

I really love the 4 even though it hurts like hell. But if the 5 do better, I’m ready. And it’s coming as soon as next week if it really release on his birthday. Just wonder why no commercial at all if they gonna release next week?

Which ones?

guys, i have a question...
im curious if anyone have problem putting the shoes on because of the sock design?

im curious if anyone have problem putting the shoes on because of the sock design?

Tough for the first few days. Once you play in them once or twice they loosen up. I've been playing in mine for a few months and they slide on pretty easily. If you're wearing them for just casual use, they'll probably be tough to get on for awhile.

The trick is try to think it not gonna rip when you stretch it lol. The sock like part is stretching so just pull it out as much as you can while you put your foot in.

I admittedly play more volleyball, and just shoot casual hoops but I really like the 4s. I have the white dubs and also the grey colourways, and they're just so minimal yet so damn stable. I never feel off balance in these and my shot seems more accurate as a result.
When playing volleyball I usually like the Jordan xx9s, the PG1s, and old Kobes in general. I have to say that even though there isn't much step in cushion feeling, that my feet are never sore after games.
They definitely need to be broken in for a few gym sessions, but once they're good they're great. I also play floor hockey and would never in my life wear these minimal shoes for something like that. Floor hockey is for Lebron 11s

Back
Top Bottom